The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got another Supra....and it’s DJG!

drift_bear

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really had much to update on, I’ve decided I’m going to change the body styling completely and go back to an oem+ look instead of a wild eye catching one.

Managed to source oem skirts, replica spats and will either get an oem wing or just stick to the TRD. I’m also going to remove the front number plate, smooth the holes and also go back to the facelift rear lights.

Will hopefully have some updates in the next few weeks depends on the outcome with this whole “lock down” situation

• 3 weeks later...

Collected the car today from the body shop, absolute over the moon with it! I decided to go for a more oem look on the car as it suits this colour better.. I got the following done

• Oem skirts and spats painted and fitted

• TRD wing back on

• Bootlid painted

• Front number plate removal

I also changed the rear lights back to facelift and got new badges for the boot lid [emoji41] I would honestly say it looks 100 times better

Nice to see you have had a change of heart, she looks a lot better now. I wasn't a fan of the other look as it reminded me of the purple one too much. That car was something else as every part of her was modded. This is an elegant looking beast, I think subtle is a much better approach.

What about the wheels? Maybe a nice shadow chrome for the centre of the wheels and have the lip polished up.

UK scoop is nice and the TRD wing goes very well with the OEM kit.

It would be nice if you could keep this one for a little longer, you have been after this colour for a long time.

Nice to see you have had a change of heart, she looks a lot better now. I wasn't a fan of the other look as it reminded me of the purple one too much. That car was something else as every part of her was modded. This is an elegant looking beast, I think subtle is a much better approach.

What about the wheels? Maybe a nice shadow chrome for the centre of the wheels and have the lip polished up.

UK scoop is nice and the TRD wing goes very well with the OEM kit.

It would be nice if you could keep this one for a little longer, you have been after this colour for a long time.

Yeah the plan has to always change the wheels but it’s just not an important thing for the tome being, I will get round to it at some point though haha.

I’ll keep this for as long as I can but if I get offered the right amount once it reaches 25 years old then it will be sold

• 3 weeks later...

Not really much to update as obviously we’re still on lockdown. Did manage to give the car a good wash and wax and finally got the holden out from hibernation, so took them both to get fuel since it’s cheap at the moment.

Also got bored and played on photoshop

Looking good Alex.... nice to see you keeping it fresh and changing the look regularly

Cheers Keith, won’t be changed again that’s for sure. Oem is definitely the way to go for this colour..

How’s that aristo of yours coming on? Seen a few videos of it at SRD

So done a little bit of changing over the last week or so, changed out the arc air box back to the old blitz induction kit. The reason for this is that the arc one doesn’t fit proper with my FMIC pipework, so makes my IC core sit slightly squint on the drivers side

Then I changed out my custom signed top panel on the dash. The car originally had a top glove box, so I had to take apart and adapt that lid for the signed air bag cover to fit. Due to that I had to source a whole new lid so finally got one on eBay and got round to fitting it

Then the biggest change is I finally bought brand new facelift headlights as I was fed up of polishing them all the time and the Yellowing coming back more and more

That’s it for the time being, just need to get round to straighten up the IC core at some stage next week

Cheers Keith, won’t be changed again that’s for sure. Oem is definitely the way to go for this colour..

How’s that aristo of yours coming on? Seen a few videos of it at SRD

More changes..more mapping... but hopefully have it back in time to enjoy it soon....

• 3 weeks later...

Had the car out over the weekend since the weather was brilliant and the lockdown eased

Today I finally got round to fitting the oem side graphics and they look good. It will split opinions but they do look so much better in person than this pic, will need to get some better ones really

I will await the negative remarks from people :p

Sorry mate i'm not keen, i don't think a Supra needs these decals to be honest but if you like them

that's all that matters

These are replicas of the ones provided as an optional extra from Toyota :) they aren’t to everyone’s taste but I like to do things different

They are close to the OEM ones which were provided by Toyota (ish). So suit it more than most.

Yeah they are, the only differences really is the colour and the fact the originals are dot matrix printed.

It hasn’t been the weather over the last few days to get the car out, so trying to get a decent picture of the side graphics is hard

I had a broken/incomplete set of oem footwell lights, so I decided to upgrade them and changed them to LED strips. I used the oem wiring and just soldered you the new wires and uses the inline fuse. Since it’s the oem wiring it’s just a simple plug n play fitment, so will only come on/go off the same as the ignition barrel light

I also received a stubby aerial I purchased a couple of days ago, so got round to fitting that as well. Must say it looks a lot better and I finally have radio in the car (not as if I use the radio much though)

Something off topic but i am a big Star Wars fan, so when I had the chance to reserve and pre-order a “11 inch baby yoda” I grabbed the chance. The idea of this was to have it sitting in the car during shows and events, it arrived the other week so had to see how it looks in the car