The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got another Supra....and it’s DJG!

drift_bear

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stunning!

It's alright :D

Looks stunning mate, love this colour so much. Enjoy pal.

/QUOTE]

Gorgeous colour, bet your over the moon you finally have djg supra after years of wanting one

Cheers gents :) to say I’m happy still is an understatement! I’ve been using it as much as I can before the weather turns for winter up here and it comes off the road

• 3 weeks later...

Thought would through a couple of recent pics up, I’ve been away with work again recently so today was the first time it’s been out in a few weeks so had to give it a good wash!

Managed to get time to fit the HID kit and also managed to source rear number plate pods, so got them all fitted as well.

Still got a few things to do like change back to a stock bonnet and try source a pair of the oem skirts! Also wanting to finish going BPU and up the boost from 0.9bar :)

Very nice. Stunning indeed. How the heck does it get into that position in the garage? You jack it up and turn it on those jack wheel stands? He door is too close and I dont see space under that stair case?

No I just reverse the car in the main roller door and then just park it under the office...

need to get a number plate holder as well mate that number plate covering the rad like that with the supras small grill cant be doing no favours to the cooling system, no way would I go bpu without moving that plate first

I usually run with my plate on the dash, it’s only on there for a little bit until I decide if I’m gonna get a private plate or not and a plate flipper

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=229662&stc=1&d=1540499504

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=229663&stc=1&d=1540499504

Are you still using my DJG Supra for your avatar photo? You have some great shots of your own now, you don’t need mine ;) :p .... P.S, get rid of those gold wheels, I had gold wheels on a DJG Supra first ;) :p :rlol:

P.S again- Car is looking good buddy :cool: :thumbs:

Yeah I was still as hadn’t been on the laptop to change it :rlol: don’t worry I’m wanting to change the wheels anyway ;)

Since the weather turned cold up here at the weekend, the car is finally off the road for the time being and probably won’t be back out until next year

I also managed to get my hands on a genuine ridox roof spoiler (thanks to whifbitz) and also picked up a new supra turbo badge as well as I prefer these to the normal supra ones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing to really report apart from I am awaiting my stock bonnet to arrive so I can get it changed over, as much as I like the carbon bonnet it’s just annoying the fitment of it and it’s a nightmare when you come to wash the car.

The cars booked in to the body shop for a couple of little things like the rear roof spoiler out on and some stone chips being treated.

Took the car out today for the first time in a couple of weeks as the weather is still surprisingly milder up here for this time of year!

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped the car off at the body shop on Monday to have the bumper sorted, front plate out back on and the ridox roof spoiler on, the car looks completely different now with the plate on

The car was on good company at the garage as well

Also got the delivery of all the oem parts and bonnet, so will get it changed over this weekend once I get the car collected (picture was from the other week).

Some of the parts I received were :-

Stock jspec Bonnet (original one in 6P3)

Oem 3 spoke steering wheel

Oem 6 disk changer

Oem cassette/cd player head unit

Oem pre-facelift airbox

Oem active front lip

Stock pre-facelift cam cover

Stock turbo pipe work and vac lines

Jspec front plate holder

Rear wiper

I misread the title of the post and thought it said 'its a DOG'.I was looking at the pics thinking if thats a dog mine must be rough as hell..... and i thought id bought one in great condition!

:rlol: I would like to think that my sup is far from a dog :rlol: It's just easier writing DJG than the full name haha

:D

Looks so much better now.

Cheers dude :thumbs:

Good choice to swap the bonnet over Alex, great pic from above :cool:

Thanks Adam, Yeah the oem bonnet definitely makes a difference but i prefer it now. The joys of having an office and mall walk space up above the cars, means i can get pics like that haha

Congrads on the purchase. An awsome example of a seriously outstanding supra.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that VXR8 next to the supra though :) My old garage was nearly identical, 1 supra (Current) and a VXR8 maloo. (Now gone)

Whenever the subject of needing a 4 doors comes up, I find myself always looking at another.

Cheers buddy, yeah the VXR8 is a great car and completely different to drive! It's actually a fully certified holden, so it loses the vauxhall name :D It's a crazy low mileage car in great condition but the attention it gets is crazy as nobody really know what they are :rlol:

• 2 weeks later...