The mkiv Supra Owners Club

“The legend returns” Toyota GB tweet tease of supra with BGW

Marcus GTE

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds cool Gaz.. notice the website still says 'modern racing concept' so still doesn't sound like the finished article... and I recall concepts of the LFA that came out years before its actual release and they look totally different!

Case in point:

So basically they haven't got the new supra ready to release info to the public so they are having a massive press conference on yet another concept .... What a complete waste of everyones time.

Orrrr....they're really wanting the worlds attention to promote the Gazoo Racing brand so by releasing this track car first they'll get more media attention on that in addition to the headline new Supra.

So basically they haven't got the new supra ready to release info to the public so they are having a massive press conference on yet another concept .... What a complete waste of everyones time.

Not sure its that bad... I think whats under the covers is the bones of the new Supra, but it might be a bit like them rolling out the Toms Castrol Supra and saying this is whats coming lol (bit extreme example)

About time even if it is the racing example wont bmw being showing the new Z5m which will be similar just a different option of engine? I just hope its got all the latest technology DSG etc a manual would just be going backwards now

Is it me or did the video show people moving the front wheels left and right by hand?

That would imply it is nothing more than a big model kit. I think it a real shame they have done it this way round. I get the whole Gazoo promotion aspect, but frankly who cares about that. People want to see what you can get from the show room not online via a racing game.

I do hope there will be a full spec sheet for the forthcoming road car, but I wouldn't be surprised if not.

Is it me or did the video show people moving the front wheels left and right by hand?

That would imply it is nothing more than a big model kit.

Did you expect them to put a guy behind the wheel who then has to sit there until the reveal?? ;)

Did you expect them to put a guy behind the wheel who then has to sit there until the reveal?? ;)

Think he's implying the relative ease at which they moved the wheels, if you have ever tried pushing a wheel with the car on the ground you will know it requires significant effort, Therefore the wheels may not be connected to anything.

I dont think they are turning the wheels though simply using the spokes to move it forward

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Looks like a rolling shell, yeah.

Hopefully we will get some further info confirmed as has been said. However, for the road going version it’s the equivalent car show in New York a bit later on that they have indicated they will reveal the street car.

This will give us a close idea to the basic body shape if you take away the wing etc.

Sounds cool Gaz.. notice the website still says 'modern racing concept' so still doesn't sound like the finished article... and I recall concepts of the LFA that came out years before its actual release and they look totally different!

Case in point:

http://bobbeh.co.uk/images/NY%20Autoshow%202005/images/img_1205.jpg

Thing is, we know these things have been spotted testing all over the place for some time now, so a production ready car cant be far away.

And here:

https://www.toyota-europe.com/world-of-toyota/articles-news-events/2018/geneva-motorshow-2018-live

We've got guys sitting down with the engineers though. Should be able to deliver a far richer story :)

From that link:

THE LEGEND RETURNS

A modern racing concept signals Toyota’s commitment to bring back to market its most iconic sports car.

uite indicative that its going to be more than just a concept, race only special, or a model, IMO.

Thing is, we know these things have been spotted testing all over the place for some time now, so a production ready car cant be far away.

Yeah agreed, I think people were hoping to see that, not a race car model with Fred Flintstone drivetrain :D

Think he's implying the relative ease at which they moved the wheels, if you have ever tried pushing a wheel with the car on the ground you will know it requires significant effort, Therefore the wheels may not be connected to anything.

I dont think they are turning the wheels though simply using the spokes to move it forward

Indeed I was. :thumbs: