The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electronic Shifter and Flappy Paddles on the TT Autobox

Burna

Forgot to add a big thank to you Mark for helping in the very early stages, he helped me get up and running for sure! Thanks mate :thumbs:

and a big thanks to Shawn for.... hmm... urgh.... hmm.... a clean car... nah that wouldn't of helped in this.... hmm... all the moral support maybe... :think: yeah il go with that the moral support :p

hehehe only joking, looking great bud really brings a modern approach to the Supra :)

I too can back up what Greg was saying, has been alot of time and effort been put into this and attention to detail has been phenomenal :thumbs:

Really hope you can bring this to the masses. I admire your ingenuity seriously fella well done.

I will do, just fine tuning the finished look of the product, then I will progress to manufacturing them. Price will depend on interest, as I can't possibly wire and solder all these myself, the selling price would be too high, and I wouldn't physically have the time. I need to design and have manufactured a PCB to just drop in, it won't be cheap to do that, but with enough interest I can do it, I've just now go to learn how to design PCB's! lol Or pay someone to do it.

are you still able to move it into neutral with the engine off?

Personally, I've never needed to do this but would miss all the 'what does the red button do' posts from newbies :-)

Yes you can, I did when I got the car home on Saturday and into the garage, I move the car around in the garage in Neutral all the time. With my shifter fitted you just turn the key to position 2 and the shifter will pop up with the engine off, you can then select whatever gear you wish, with the engine off :)

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

and a big thanks to Shawn for.... hmm... urgh.... hmm.... a clean car... nah that wouldn't of helped in this.... hmm... all the moral support maybe... :think: yeah il go with that the moral support :p

hehehe only joking, looking great bud really brings a modern approach to the Supra :)

I too can back up what Greg was saying, has been alot of time and effort been put into this and attention to detail has been phenomenal :thumbs:

:rlol: All your moral support kept me going mate that's for sure lol Thanks :thumbs:

I will do, just fine tuning the finished look of the product, then I will progress to manufacturing them. Price will depend on interest, as I can't possibly wire and solder all these myself, the selling price would be too high, and I wouldn't physically have the time. I need to design and have manufactured a PCB to just drop in, it won't be cheap to do that, but with enough interest I can do it, I've just now go to learn how to design PCB's! lol Or pay someone to do it.

Want me to have a word with Ally mate? Her old man has some business to do with PCBs etc.

Want me to have a word with Ally mate? Her old man has some business to do with PCBs etc.

That would be good mate thanks :) Found a local company that I need to have a chat with, so I'm sure something will be sorted either way :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Makes me want a auto even more

It's all about the flappy paddles mate :D

I've watched Burna take this from an idea in the pub to a fitted and working product, and the thought and development that has gone into it is truly impressive. Its a really clever and well executed product that brings the auto box right up to date

All my best ideas come to me while in the pub! Well, maybe not that one time when I was abducted in a taxi in Rotterdam in a Human Centipede/The Hostel type situation... but most are good ideas! :rlol:

You're praise is praise indeed mate! Your knowledge in electronics helped me on the way a few times, so thank you very much mate. Oh and your custom push button version is coming soon ;)

Yes you can, I did when I got the car home on Saturday and into the garage, I move the car around in the garage in Neutral all the time. With my shifter fitted you just turn the key to position 2 and the shifter will pop up with the engine off, you can then select whatever gear you wish, with the engine off :)

Ahh right, got it. So the only functionality lost with this would be the ability to move to neutral if you had a flat battery?

No big deal in my eyes and I look forward to seeing the final photos, and more importantly, the 'group buy' thread :-)