The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electronic Shifter and Flappy Paddles on the TT Autobox

Burna

From people's initial responses i thought this would have atleast 20 people on it already.. come on guys, get ya wallets out :D

It's always the same, no one wants to spend the money when it comes down to it. Don't worry, just means we will have something that's rare and exclusive in the UK ;) I can see the American market taking these, they love the auto's and spend money also :)

I'd be interested in option A depending on how well I can save. Trying to stop myself spending money on cars...

But if I end up saving more than I've expected to then I think I'd have to treat myself

Ok Karl I'll put you down on the list. It's only an genuine interest list to gauge if it's financially worth me going ahead with producing them, so nothing set in stone yet mate :thumbs:

Potential Buyers List

1. Mk4Gaz - Option A

2. Inazone - Option A

3. Raddys - Option A

4. Karl M N - Option A

It's growing! :)

just seen this thread, firstly thankyou burna for the kind words on the first post. :)

i also had burnas car in last week and i got the ability to check out this system and fiddle with the paddles. I have to say its a very nice system, much faster than i thought it would be so true credit :)

be great to experience this on the open road :)

Tim

TB Developments

Well done Burna, this is mega good work!

Couple of questions, can the flappy paddles option work without the shifter being replaced I mean can that bit of electronics be installed only so we still have the stock shifter and the flappy paddles and total control over all 4 gears?

Secondly when driving with the paddles if you was say in 4th gear and came to a complete standstill and then moved off would the gearbox then revert back to 2 (or whatever the stock pull away gear is) or would this have to be done manually with the paddles before pulling away?

Hate to be a pain but I'm afraid I'll have to withdraw my interest. I've just had the car dyno'd and given a look over, and it's revealed some worrying health issues for the car. It's best that I keep some money set aside to sort this out unfortunately.

No problem Karl, maybe in the future mate :thumbs:

Potential Buyers List

1. Mk4Gaz - Option A

2. Inazone - Option A

3. Raddys - Option A

4. bluesonic94 - Option A

Well done Burna, this is mega good work!

Thanks mate :)

Couple of questions, can the flappy paddles option work without the shifter being replaced I mean can that bit of electronics be installed only so we still have the stock shifter and the flappy paddles and total control over all 4 gears?

No mate. To enable you to have paddle shift control, the whole system needs to be changed from mechanical to electronic, which means the shifter has to be changed too. There will be two versions of electronic shifter though, the rotary one pictured in this thread, and also a push button version, similar to the one found in the Aston Martin etc... (example picture attached).

Secondly when driving with the paddles if you was say in 4th gear and came to a complete standstill and then moved off would the gearbox then revert back to 2 (or whatever the stock pull away gear is) or would this have to be done manually with the paddles before pulling away?

With my electronic shifter, when in 'D' the car will act and automatically shift the same as if you were in 'D' on the stock shifter, so yes from a complete standstill it will do exactly as a stock car, gear 2 or 1. When in 'S', the gears will be held until you change up or down with the paddles, which gives you a much more sportier and involved drive, it also speeds up the gears changes.

Hope that helps explain it a little more :)

2012-aston-martin-volante-gear-controls.jpg

So in 'S' mode, do you have to manually change down gears when approaching say a roundabout or traffic lights, or will it still automatically shift down to suit engine speed?

/QUOTE]From what I can gather, you would have to change down or up with the paddles while in S mode.

From what I can gather, you would have to change down or up with the paddles while in S mode.

/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking. On a 'normal' tiptronic car, it will automatically downshift, but you have to up shift in 'manual' mode. You can of course manually drop a gear for overtaking etc

That's what I'm thinking. On a 'normal' tiptronic car, it will automatically downshift, but you have to up shift in 'manual' mode. You can of course manually drop a gear for overtaking etc

/QUOTE]

'S' is exactly the same as being in 'MANU' mode on a non tiptronic car, so will hold the gears.

'S' is exactly the same as being in 'MANU' mode on a non tiptronic car, so will hold the gears.

Yeah, I've never driven an auto supra in 'manu' mode.

So for instance, if you were in 'D' (3rd) in manual mode, and you were slowing down in traffic or to traffics light etc, would you manually have to downshift to 2nd and then 1st, or would the box downshift for you?