The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electronic Shifter and Flappy Paddles on the TT Autobox

Burna

It would be better with MANU mode, as that's the 'S' mode, but when in D you will still be able to use the paddles to select which gear you would like, they just wont be as quick as MANU mode, or hold the gear like MANU does, but still an improvement with the paddles I think, let alone a more modern look in the cabin with the electronic shifter :)

I will be posting shortly approximate prices for the electronic shifter, to gauge genuine interest and to see if it's worth me going ahead and laying out a lot of money to take it to a production stage.

👍🏻

Option A) Rotary Shifter Unit with Paddle Shift (As seen in Post#1)= £1500 - £1750

Option B) Rotary Shifter Unit with Paddle Shift, with brand new Rotary Shifter Unit = £2000 - £2250

Option B) Push Button Shifter with Paddle Shift = £1250 - £1500

along with the letter of the shifter option you are interested in, ie: A, B, or C.

There's no C bud ;)

:p

Genuine Interest Post

I'm currently going through the costs, as I will soon have to commit to getting the custom PCB's manufactured, and as you can imagine there's a considerable monetary out lay to bring this to market, and also depending on commitments of genuine interest I cannot give you an exact figure of right now, as I have to be cautious to cover my manufacturing costs as potential sales numbers are yet unknown. But to give you a rough idea, I've put some prices below:

Option A) Rotary Shifter Unit with Paddle Shift (As seen in Post#1)= £1500 - £1750

Option B) Rotary Shifter Unit with Paddle Shift, with brand new Rotary Shifter Unit = £2000 - £2250

Option C) Push Button Shifter with Paddle Shift = £1250 - £1500

All the above do not come with flappy paddles for the steering wheel or column, that is personal choice for the buyer to purchase whatever style they prefer, I will of course be able to advise and help with that.

Fitting can be done by yourself, and I estimate 4 hours for someone competent with mechanics and soldering, but it would be quicker and easier with access to a ramp. If you do require a fitting service then I'm currently partnered up with James Hart at Performance@Hart https://performancehart.co.uk/, who helped with the fitting of mine, so knows what's involved, and I will assist with the install and setup. Other traders will be added in the future for install and setup around the country. Price = TBC.

Now to decide whether I go any further with this, I'm asking for anyone with a genuine interest in purchasing one please add you name to the list below, along with the letter of the shifter option you are interested in, ie: A, B, or C. Deposit details will be confirmed once the numbers of potential buyers are confirmed.

Potential Buyers List

Inazone option A please!

How much would a suitable wheel with paddles cost ish?

Just so i can work out costs?

Any tiptronic Toyota or lexus wheel would probably work mate (is250, is300) or similar. They can be picked up for between £50 - £100.

Im planning to go for the works bell paddles, so I can keep my momo wheel

Any tiptronic Toyota or lexus wheel would probably work mate (is250, is300) or similar. They can be picked up for between £50 - £100.

Im planning to go for the works bell paddles, so I can keep my momo wheel

/QUOTE]Gary, would you mind sharing a link for that as I would also like to keep my MOMO steering wheel. [emoji3][emoji106]

I've updated my post with flappy paddle recomendations to help with an idea of the cost of that part :)

All the above do not come with flappy paddles for the steering wheel or column, that is personal choice for the buyer to purchase whatever style they prefer, I will of course be able to advise and help with that. A few ideas for you are: LeeP at SRD does a very nice custom column flappy paddle install. Paul Whiffin at Whiffbitz has knowledge and experience of fitting the Works Bell flappy paddel kit http://www.worksbell.co.jp/en/products/boss/paddle_neo.htm. Or alternatively you could try a number of Toyota steering wheels that have flappy paddles fitted, or a Lexus one like I fitted, which was £50 :)

Can i ask how many people need to commit for the quoted prices?

Thanks

Ideally 10 to 20 to come within the top price I quoted, if it's considerably less than the 10, then unfortunately the price will be affected by the lower volume and will increase in relation.

Ideally 10 to 20 to come within the top price I quoted, if it's considerably less than the 10, then unfortunately the price will be affected by the lower volume and will increase in relation.

Ok could you add me to the list please

RADDYS and option A

thanks

This is the sort of thing I was looking at:

Works Bell Paddle Shifter NEO for Toyota Aristo S160 S161 - The Tuners Group

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Online_Store/Aristo_Paddle_Shifter_S160_S161.html

/QUOTE]Just been looking at that. It looks great. Let me know if you want to team up and get a couple. Maybe able to get them cheaper for 2 and share postage and import duty.

Just been looking at that. It looks great. Let me know if you want to team up and get a couple. Maybe able to get them cheaper for 2 and share postage and import duty.

/QUOTE]

👍🏻

I just need to check whether the mk3 mr2, or Aristo one would be more suitable. Not sure what the difference is, but I'll ping them an email to find out

Even though I'm a manual man I've been watching this with interest. Any progress on the shifter surround? I assume it'll be best to get a design knocked up and get them made when you have the numbers?

I'm getting some 3D scanning done, then I will solid model the shape I want, then 3D print them :)

Better get applying for trader status then bud! ;)

Nope. There doesn't seem to be enough interest for it here and not enough numbers, so I'll end up moving it over to Facebook and target the Eastern market, and also the American market, and hopefully get enough interest to make it financially viable to go ahead and ship it overseas.