The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project 800

Hemanhead

Its alive :D the moment that makes the last however amount of months all worth it :D awesome build mate looking forward to seeing it :)

:D it's a great moment, ta mate, will update more this weekend.

manifold runners the off the shelf SRD manifold ? I just put in a clutch in mine , I reckon I have about 500 town driving miles; never noticed a difference from when it was installed to now, near on OE pedal all the time

Yes mate, the new manifold. its has a slight burble at idle, its quite unique from other manifolds i've heard. I dont know what clutch you have ? Mine is a carbon tripple though and wants bedding in correctly to remove any high spots on mating surfaces.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very cool , I have to osGiken twin , had the carbonetic Carbon prior

Why did you swap from the Carbonetic clutch ?

So another SRD product you might have seen is the engine undertray set, well i've got them and had them all painted black, they look a great product and will go a long way helping keep debris out of the engine bay.

A little while back now with another familiar car in recieving the SRD treatment, both using the 6870 gen II

• 1 month later...

So this is a very late update indeed, I completely forgot but it was pointed out to me by a new member. A good many saw the car on Dragonball but here's a few pictures of the cars finished engine bay minus the engine bay boxes. I think on this day infact the car went out for it's maiden drive to bed the pistonrings and start running up some mileage on the new clutch.

Just before Dragonball and mapping I asked Lee to fit one of the SRD sub boxes. I'm not in the car to listen to music but it really needed some bass to compliment the focal speakers. Fitted the music has much greater depth and gave me an excuse to buy a new headunit to change out the old Kenwood. Touch screen Pioneer DA-120 and a slimline 10" Pioneer sub. This is all acompanied by two slim alpine subs that fit underneath the front seats.

This setup complements the build in trying to keep the 'OEM look', it isn't intrusive to look at and isn't agressive in it's delivery whilst making use of my redundant spare wheel well and maintaining the use of my boot. This was crucial on such a long Dragonball where an extra days luggage was needed and wet weather clothing for all that rain we were supposed to have :blink:

This new headunit keeps the dash looking clean (if you can forgive the workshop dust), it has bluetooth connectivety and will goto a reverse camera if you have one fitted. Its an APPradio unit so it will mirror the iphone well apparently. None if this makes it an expensive setup by any means, but it does sound good and serves it's purpose well.

Thanks for looking and I will start to get the rest of my photo's in good order to bring this up to date.

Car looks great! I might have to get one of them sub boxes fitted. Looks proper today and will be perfect for my aero

Thanks, yes its a practical setup that will allow the boot to be used as roof storage :)

Looks FANTASTIC mate !

Thanks mate, I will update the rest this week :D

Apparently, nerve wracking for most, but I quite enjoyed the experience even though I wasn't there. It really is great seeing graphs coming through, with ever increasingly larger numbers and it was hard to believe what I was seeing. No Dynographs of the Vpower nitro run, but I have a video somewhere.

838.8bhp @ only 6800rpm (2bar)

This was a 4th gear pull and was later realised to be spinning the dyno. I may take it in again another day for a 5th gear pull as the graph was still climbing and will likely be higher in reality.

Project target achieved :trophy:

It's definitely worth noting that my target of 800bhp on pump fuel has been acheived, something I am really ecstatic about as this is how the car will be used 99% of the time. After lunch the Ethanol mapping started, these are pub bragging numbers but my god when the graphs were coming in :faint:. All done in 5th gear, and all coming through every 20 mins or so whilst battling against the cars desire to spin and the dyno overheating or generally being unhappy with what it was being subjected to.

'' Just four more hp to find.''

But I had no picture just yet, so I had no idea what that meant nor how high the power levels were reaching, I was laughing when I saw these graphs.

''Done.''

Said the next message :cool:

The dyno rectifier was hot, it was hitting it's max speed and as you can see, not getting near the cars maximum rev limit. Is it making slighly more power?

Who knows and does it really matter, Hemanhead and the Battlecat are in the 1k bhp club! :D:D

I like to think this also validates what i'd said earlier in the build; that we would use tried and tested parts that we felt performed the best and combine them into a single package rather than break any moulds. This has exceeded all my expectations!

Many thanks to Lee and the team for making this happen for me, I couldn't have done it myself. It's great being able to discuss fully with someone the parameters, parts and expectations for the build whilst also possesing the ability to visually execute images and ideas locked away in my head. It has and still is a truly surreal experience knowing you own and drive the kind of car you usually only get to see in a youtube video.

Hopefully you enjoyed seeing the final outcome as much as me, it doesn't stop here but for now, this is how it stands after recieving the full SRD treatment.

-Hemanhead.

Edited by Hemanhead (see edit history)

About time the thread was up to date Zach! :D

This car is savage, watching it squat on the motorway on dragonball and just F off up the road was comical! It really is a quick quick car indeed!

Lee and the team have build you an absolute gem, defiantly one of my favourite cars!

Wouldn't mind a spin one day....just saying :thumbs:

wow, that is all :D

Thanks Mike :)

Great summary.

Well done with achieving your goals.

Bet you can't wait to test out the new power delivery :D

Thank you, I hope you enjoyed the read. I have tested it on about 30% ethanol so far and it has been fantastic, the parts have come together and on a nice warm day full traction is available from second gear :)

About time the thread was up to date Zach! :D

This car is savage, watching it squat on the motorway on dragonball and just F off up the road was comical! It really is a quick quick car indeed!

Lee and the team have build you an absolute gem, defiantly one of my favourite cars!

Wouldn't mind a spin one day....just saying :thumbs:

Thanks Chris, it's always good to see the Bailey car out on a run :)

Only used a touch of ethanol on dragonball as the fuel was great out of the pumps for a change, so it will be alot faster when I actually mix it up fully.

Happy birthday by the way, I'm sure I can take you out for a spin at some point ;)

Very nice indeed mate. Shame I missed Dragonball this year to see this in the flesh, maybe 2018. Love the garage too :)

Thanks Sheefa, It does get used so I am sure there will be opportunities to see it, hopefully get a couple of runs at Santapod this year too. I wish that was my garage mate, Lee had the car detailed before handing it over :D

Wow awesome result, good job :thumbs:

Thank you pal

Amazing!!

Thanks mate, hope you are enjoying yours in this great weather :)