Project 800

Hemanhead

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your attention detail is awesome mate, this is starting to become one of my favourite threads on the forum. Beautiful car!

Thanks mate, it's coming along nicely. I can slow down now it's all back together.

That's a good looking interior now mate clean and simple. Very nice

Exactly what I was trying to achieve, thank you.

Are those metal monkey dials or proper TRD ones? Also I want your seats, look so nice!

These are metal monkey dials. You can have TRD everything if you like, but thats a tad overkill for me, hence only doing the rev counter. Thanks, the seats are quite nice, very firm and supportive but whether or not they are comfortable on a long trip will be tested this week. One advantage over my last Recaro's is they can fold giving much easier access to the rear seats.

Love the interior! It looks really smart!

Im also tempted to sound deaden the floor, let me know how you find it once it's complete.

Thanks mate, I'm happy with it now. The sound deadening has worked really quite well, I warmed it up last night on the way to and from the paintshop. You can hear the things you want but still have a conversation inside ( my car is seriously loud ), sound quality from the speakers is better and played lower. My sound deadening is the lighter version, so quality could be improved further if needs be.

Coming on nicely mate, I'm going to go satin black on my panels when my manual surround turns up from Japan lol

Looks so much better now you got rid of the fury dash lol

Looking great - hard work paying off!

Love them seats!

Thanks a bunch guys, for those interested you can have a better look in the flesh on DB.....if it doesn't get rained off hah!

• 8 months later...
Stunning work buddy.

Thankyou pal.

Ditto, looks impressive, but please don't give him an even bigger head lol

I heard he can only fit through double doors now because of the size of his head

Well we've cut a 'sunroof' in the hardtop now which should accomodate all future head growth, always one step ahead of the game ;)

Great to see this car still alive and kicking.

Just read this from start to finish, great improvements, keep the updates coming!

Cheers, I will start adding some updates now but it will take some time. Gives anyone interested something to read though!

Updates big boy!

Just for you buddy

Project name needs changing dude.

Yes it does!

So i was having a chat with Burna at the Wroxall meet discussing how strange my forum name is and how he laughed about it when organising dragonball a couple of years back. To amuse this man further I took to talking about Hemanhead from the third person inventing an entire cast and fictional adventure while riding a trusty companion called Battlecat....

Thats what happens kids when you are invested in 10 Stella Artois and high on the rapture of victory :trophy: *cough, scalextric champ, cough*

.....Anyway; the front lights were a bit foggy and I didn't have the time to take them apart for a proper clean up so these were sold and new ones bought, there's a clear difference.

Next up was the Ridox carbon boot spoiler, again, its just not my thing so I have removed this and have had the carbon tailgate repainted. I think it looks alot better. Whilst this happened the Lexan glass has been removed and i bought a donor tailgate for its glass. The end product leaves the car looking alot more OEM and a bit heavier but classy.

More updates coming when I have time to upload, Watch this space.

With the VVTi spare block with Lee we began discussing a specification, desired power vs response, parts choice, piping sizes etc all at great length and over many weeks to come up with my ideal car. I am going to list everything that is being done in great detail so you know what it takes to build up one of these cars to the standard I want, it is an extensive list for now but don't worry theres plenty of pretty pictures to back everything up.

Keeping the list fairly basic with more detail later about other parts that get replaced at given stages which you don't normally hear about with these builds, and little explanations as we go to help explain the choice behind this parts compilation.

SRD Stage 2 Built block

Mahle 86.5mm Pistons

BC Pro Rods

SRD Brace Kit with ARP hardware

New Core plugs

Squiter delete

Machining

Balancing

Clevite Bearings

SRD Stage 4 Head

Full Ferrea valve train pack

OEM size valves

Dual valve springs

Titanium retainers

Ferrea locks and spring seat locators

Ferrea Bronze Valve guides

All machine work

HKS VVTi IN 264 cam

HKS VVTi EX 264 cam

H11 Head stud kit

SRD -12 Breather kit

Turbo

SRD Turbo Kit

Precision GEN II 6870 turbo

Supporting mods

SRD billet tensioner bracket

SRD oil cooler kit

SRD billet diff case

SRD heavy duty prop

SRD 170amp alternator

SRD rebuilt starter motor

TRD Engine Mounts

TITAN RPS Tripple Plate Clutch

Hypertune 90mm intake manifold

Hypertune 90mm throttle body

Hypertune billet fuel rail

Hypertune fitting kit

Syvecs S6 plus

Mishimoto Rad

ETS 5" intercooler

PHR Deluxe powersteering kit

Misc work

Fuse box relocation

Battery relocation

Aircon reinstallation

misc parts

Toyota O ring for Oil filter housing

Toyota Oil level sensor O ring

Toyota Dip stick o ring

Toyota manifold studs

Toyota Manifold nuts

Toyota engine gasket set

Toyota Oil Pump

Toyota Water pump

Toyota facelift lower sump

Toyota Full gasket set

Toyota Timing belt idler wheel

Toyota modine oil cooler

Gates Timing belt

Stainless bolts

Feel free to add some input and I will update when I can :)