The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project 800

Hemanhead

Wont be much happening to mine to be honest, just tiding up a few things really due to (fingers crossed) buying our house in a few months. Then in a year or two go single, wont be as epic as yours though lol

Well when you do go single bud, it sound as good as amazing as it looks, will be a great update :thumbs:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome car man, how come I've never seen it lol!!!

I am pondering over getting a T6780 myself, good turbo choice ��

Thank you mate. No idea, it must be hidden in plain sight :D

I remember seeing / hearing yours at Wroxall, looks and makes a great noise. 6870 seems the way everyone is going at the moment, but you're turbo isn't all that different anyway ;)

Oh yeah , Cody Philips has a really nice OE loom he made , you can run it with other ECU's , not just MoTec ; runs all OE toggle switches , AC , OE igniter, it replacs ethe OE fuse box with PDM module from MoTec , ECU master launched a nice PDM unit too , uses a firewall loom plate

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Oh yeah , Cody Philips has a really nice OE loom he made , you can run it with other ECU's , not just MoTec ; runs all OE toggle switches , AC , OE igniter, it replacs ethe OE fuse box with PDM module from MoTec , ECU master launched a nice PDM unit too , uses a firewall loom plate

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSez9xJoKBjcKtHbd_GPxPAJVvYOcZhtV4d4SD_nr-La18iPBS13g

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJe9eFwbiFvST38havsGhe5yxRgWOddjPTqUULZc1sZGAwgCHp

http://codyphillipsracing.com/store/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/IMG_1305.jpg

Looks nice for sure, I was considering a purpose built loom but the engine I bought had a nice loom on it so I got what I wanted from it. Good for people to know there are other options available out there though, id probably steer away from Motec though purely as there don't seem to be many mappers here for them?

Looks nice for sure, I was considering a purpose built loom but the engine I bought had a nice loom on it so I got what I wanted from it. Good for people to know there are other options available out there though, id probably steer away from Motec though purely as there don't seem to be many mappers here for them?

You can use it with any ECU :) Motec , probably the ECU with the widest availability of mappers ; some of the best reside in the UK

Was thinking it might be a good choice , rather than relocating the OE fuse box and maybe cheaper

You can use it with any ECU :) Motec , probably the ECU with the widest availability of mappers ; some of the best reside in the UK

Was thinking it might be a good choice , rather than relocating the OE fuse box and maybe cheaper

Yeah it looks a great bit of kit, and as we all know, a project car is never finished ! :taped:

I think I mentioned it somewhere in the build that i'm just going to stick to tried and tested parts, graciously let others do the testing while I combine the best results into one package. Staying within the mapper and builders proven previous work will (hopefully) allow for a powerful and reliable platform - and in our little world that means Syvecs.

Little update then:

You may have seen a new part come out of the SRD workshop, the billet diff covers. I have a spare big case diff and the cover was sent away to be copied and strengthend for a new product; and what an awesome piece it is!

I guess luckily it was a UK spec, as Lee has even left prevision to still use (or add) a diff oil cooler, it's these little details that add up to create a far superior package i think you will agree :cool:

Anyway, Pics now added to my build as I didn't want to release them before he officially offered them for general consumption.

Hopefully the drivetrain will handle the power now, time will tell i suppose!

That's a stunning piece mate, I love you can still see the machining :)

Yeah, a shame its hidden away, but its great news for small diff owners thats for sure.

Looks beautiful mate think il be looking into one of these in my later stages too, great results on the dyno aswell I noticed the video on facebook thats going to be epic to drive

Definitely worth considering, nice to see new parts being made available in the UK too. Thanks mate, not managed to update this thread that far yet, will just add as I go.

Looking good Zack and nice session on the dyno, saw Lee's video and that the dyno didn't like it :D

Completely get your position on using tried and tested parts, gives some great confidence in the reliability side.

Thanks pal, yes it took a bit of a kicking. Will get to that later when the build thread catches up :)

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for anyway, just buy the correct parts, stay ontop of maintenance and enjoy it.

few pics of the finished product then. ready for a startup. Apart from the time spent on the electical side of things and wiring in the new S6+ the only issue was a broken fuel return line which sheared, quite annoying!

So all oil,air and water lines are all plumbed now, all ready to go.

Might have a little start up video kicking around somewhere too.

Edited by Hemanhead (see edit history)

Looking good Zack your bay is looking great will probably see it tonight when I pick mine up after a full service and fitment of a cheeky little billet diff cover in readiness for Dragonball;)

Thanks John, feel free :thumbs:

I saw your engine bay in a pic somewhere recently, and it was looking great too. I like the billet diff addition, can't beat a bit of last minute DB prep.

That engine bays looking lovely mate :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing the videos and how it goes on the dyno.

Thanks Andrew, I will try and upload it today :yes:

Sounds like a Supra but does it go like one :p

Do you do a hard or soft break in ? run specific oil for X miles ?

I have it on good authority it goes rather well. It sounds quite unique, a bit like a 6 cylinder subaru as I think the manifold runners are unequal :D

It gets a hard break in and an oil change followed by a bit of mileage. This car however after its hard break in needs 500 town driving miles, not motorway to bed the clutch in.

That takes a very long time.

I have it on good authority it goes rather well. It sounds quite unique, a bit like a 6 cylinder subaru as I think the manifold runners are unequal :D

It gets a hard break in and an oil change followed by a bit of mileage. This car however after its hard break in needs 500 town driving miles, not motorway to bed the clutch in.

Are you going to get that all done before Dragonball?

Saw your car tonight and all looking good and I understand it's getting a full detail shortly

Are you going to get that all done before Dragonball?

Saw your car tonight and all looking good and I understand it's getting a full detail shortly

Yes, it should be on Dragonball. Its getting detailed sometime after the bank holiday. It may be case of me just picking the car up and taking it easy this trip, having had no seat time.

Sounds like a beast! Bet you're right hands sore after you heard that.

Haha, it will be nice to have it back. Its actually a little quieter than it used to be!

manifold runners the off the shelf SRD manifold ? I just put in a clutch in mine , I reckon I have about 500 town driving miles; never noticed a difference from when it was installed to now, near on OE pedal all the time