• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Missed this first time round somehow...that's stunning bud :love:

Very nice! Good work ;)

Great looking Supra you have there mate, LOVE the seats

Thanks guys, it was actually Jellybean who I stole the seat idea from. This is totally okay because he is in another country ;)

Heres the parts arriving that will help make take the car to its power goal.

ETS 5" intercooler, actually from Kaan's car. A nice piece and already proven to perform.

Precision Gen II 6870 turbo which I bought from Jay on here unused. If you haven't seen his build, check it out because it's the best on the forum right now and i'm looking forward to seeing it run at the pod with a 6 second pass the target; very cool. This is obviously no good for his target now but perfect for mine and he did me a good price on it, thanks bud :thumbs:

This part wasn't really needed but vanity got the better of me. Having seen a few of them in person the quality of the product is undenyable and aren't we all a sucker for a piece of beautiful billet?

Not sure if anyone else has this particualr version of the RPS tripple carbon yet. Reportably quiet with quite a soft operation that can pull away on the bite without having rev the hell out of the car to move. Well I will know in time anyway, atleast one thing is certain, it will take the power and clutch dumps that i throw at it.

Yup, engine parts arriving. Again just keeping to parts that have proven themselves in the performance world, full Ferrea valvetrain, BC 625+ rods, 86.5mm Mahle pistons taking the block out to 3033cc. I want the engine to rev pretty high so it will be dual sprung and take it upto 8500rpm. Having looked at many of the 6870 dyno graphs they seem to blow out by 7500 rpm but I dont think anyone has tried one with a VVTi head yet. It will be very interesting to see what the engine can do at the top and the bottom of the powerband. This engine will be different in the sense it will have a bracing kit and OEM maincaps instead of a billet item. This reduces risky machining work of the block.

SRD Turbo kit, new version, billet collector for the runners and for the wastegates. Stunning piece of work here and I can't wait to hear it in action. Ohh 2.5" atmospheric screamer pipe too, hiliarious!

I already had an HKS manifold so this is again a piece that I may not have needed, but with the turbo being changed, other parts would need changing so it didn't take much to convince me I wanted one. I think it's probably the best 2JZ manifold in production right now, i'll let the pictures do the talking, wow.

Edited by Hemanhead (see edit history)

Your spec is awesome Zach.

Nice update mate. There is some tastey parts in that pile

/QUOTE]

That's one nice pile of parts you have there ready to be fitted mate, look forward to seeing all the future updates :)

What a spec! Absoulety wicked :D

Thanks lads, it's basically the best I could afford. I have a few more pics, I will just upload as we go along. We're not in any rush to finish it, it wants to be done right. I'm already looking forward to driving it, I can't imagine what an extra 200bhp will feel like, so i'm hoping the extra investment in the diff and suspension will keep him straight :)

Thanks lads, it's basically the best I could afford. I have a few more pics, I will just upload as we go along. We're not in any rush to finish it, it wants to be done right. I'm already looking forward to driving it, I can't imagine what an extra 200bhp will feel like, so i'm hoping the extra investment in the diff and suspension will keep him straight :)

You will be more surprised by the torque Zach.

I gained 110 ftlbs going from the 6766 (703 ftlbs) to the 6870 (813 ftlbs).

This is going to be savage. That manifold :drool:

Quality project Zach, that manifold is a work of art. :thumbs:

Very nice mate :cool:

Manifold is something else!

Yeah that manifold is beautiful, a lot of work has gone into it as you can see, I am very happy to have parts like this on the car

You will be more surprised by the torque Zach.

I gained 110 ftlbs going from the 6766 (703 ftlbs) to the 6870 (813 ftlbs).

Yeah it will be interesting to see how our graphs compare mate. Looking forward to seeing you in that rolling race event this year with the radials and the turbo, I think you will break the 300kph barrier for sure.

Stunning!

Glad you like it, here's some more :)

So the engine build part is complete and here it is in all of it's glory with a new SRD billet tensioner and crinkle finish on the inside of the cam covers only. The covers themselves have been polished and yes baffles removed and cleaned while the head had the new AN fitting's welded and smoothed. Lee also took apart the VVTi cam pulley gave it a clean and a good once over - Any maintenance items on this car are simply replaced. New TRD oil cap finishes the head nicely and TRD engine mounts hold it all in place.

C'est Fini

I bought some new VVTi engine covers and these were sent to the paint shop to be treated to some Astral 202. With the engine finished it should now look really great in the bay.