The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net Summer Meet 'S Club Party' - Saturday 16th July 2016 at Wroxall Abbey

Burna

Loving the extra hours.

Food wise, think starting the BBQ earlier is good, do like the idea of extra food.

Prefer the later option as most would have drunk a bit since then.

Yeah I think the extra hours in the day are needed, people tend to spend the first couple of hours chatting in the car park before heading in the hotel.

What about the BBQ selection? Would you like more on offer? ie:Jacket potatoes, mixed green salad, pasta salad dish?

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think the extra hours in the day are needed, people tend to spend the first couple of hours chatting in the car park before heading in the hotel.

What about the BBQ selection? Would you like more on offer? ie:Jacket potatoes, mixed green salad, pasta salad dish?

I cant comment on the BBQ selection really as I will eat anything available after a few drinks :)

Currently negotiating prices with Wroxall for next years 'S Club Party', and would like some feedback on the following from as many of you as possible please:

1. Extra food options

The event will be starting at earlier next year at 12pm, so would you like a bacon bap on arrival? Or if you are staying over the Friday night I'd imagine you will having the morning breakfast anyway.

The BBQ will be served again in the afternoon, I was thinking maybe a bit earlier next year at 5pm? But would you like more options of dishes for the BBQ? and also a choice of deserts?

A late supper option can also be put on. Either pizza slices, or sandwich platters. This could be served around 9pm.

Please all let me know what you think and what you like the sound of, but please be aware that all these extras are going to increase the ticket price substantially, as the past two 'S Club Party's' at Wroxall were done bare bones, just a room and very basic BBQ, so the price reflected that. If we want to expand the event into a longer day with more food on offer then of course we will all have to pay for it on the ticket price.

Burna, I like everything that you have suggested. More food will certainly be welcome to all I'm sure. I like the idea of rocking up and having the option of grabbing something to eat on arrival. As by the time we got to the BBQ I was starving! In terms of type of food, salads, potatoes etc would be great. Desserts would also be nice. Appreciate this will bump up the costs, however perhaps we could pay for the tickets in several stages to spread the cost?

Happy to agree with all of the above and still value for money.

12 arrival is very good but maybe early food for an early arrival isnt necessary (if its heavy on the price)

I appreciate people could be travelling a fair distance to attend so maybe the hotel lunch menu -to buy on the day but not part of the fixed price deal (as it may not be necessary for everyone and doesn't put everyone's prices up?) Only a thought

Burna, I like everything that you have suggested. More food will certainly be welcome to all I'm sure. I like the idea of rocking up and having the option of grabbing something to eat on arrival. As by the time we got to the BBQ I was starving! In terms of type of food, salads, potatoes etc would be great. Desserts would also be nice. Appreciate this will bump up the costs, however perhaps we could pay for the tickets in several stages to spread the cost?

/QUOTE]

I like the idea of spreading the cost, maybe into three payments, as the tickets will be going on sale very early, once Allan has finished his JAE :) That gives us plenty of time to fill the rooms.

Currently negotiating prices with Wroxall for next years 'S Club Party', and would like some feedback on the following from as many of you as possible please:

1. Extra food options

The event will be starting at earlier next year at 12pm, so would you like a bacon bap on arrival? Or if you are staying over the Friday night I'd imagine you will having the morning breakfast anyway.

The BBQ will be served again in the afternoon, I was thinking maybe a bit earlier next year at 5pm? But would you like more options of dishes for the BBQ? and also a choice of deserts?

A late supper option can also be put on. Either pizza slices, or sandwich platters. This could be served around 9pm.

Please all let me know what you think and what you like the sound of, but please be aware that all these extras are going to increase the ticket price substantially, as the past two 'S Club Party's' at Wroxall were done bare bones, just a room and very basic BBQ, so the price reflected that. If we want to expand the event into a longer day with more food on offer then of course we will all have to pay for it on the ticket price.

Those are some great ideas. Deserts would be good and maybe as an extra for the bbq, some different sausage choices? No pun intended :D Definitely a good idea to have pizza/sandwich platter at around 9 as I was hungry again by then after a few drinks haha.

Good idea's Burna :)

Personally the thing that was missing was food later in the evening (9-12pm). No matter what food is put on in the day, after a good few drinks it's good to have something available to soak up the shandy:D As others have mentioned, maybe a little earlier for the BBQ and then have a 2nd round of food options later in the evening. Bacon butties and another non-pork/meat option? I like Jason's Pizza idea too, should be easy to cater for vege's, non pork eaters, non beef eaters, etc.

A hog roast would be great, but that's usually quite a pricey option compared to BBQ and others. Might be worth a look into (if not done already).

Thank you all for the feedback, really appreciate it. I want to offer more on the day food wise, but didn't want to end up pricing members out of it, as we HAVE to fill all 72 rooms, and what we don't fill the club has to pay for, so it's a very big commitment and has to priced right so we fill all the rooms.

Hog roast or pizza delivered is out I'm afraid, as no outside catering is allowed. So I'm always in a constant battle of food pricing with the hotel, for example, the pizza slices on the night that the hotel are offering is £10 per head! To me that is way too much for slices of pizza, so I will be seeing what I can do on that price with them. The selection of sandwiches works out a little cheaper, but is still a large chunk of money.

I may cut the food on arrival, as what they want per head for bacon baps is not far off the cost of a bar snack, and I'm hoping we can get more people to stay on the Friday night, and therefore they will have had their fill at breakfast, and won't really be interested in a bacon bap as early as 12pm. They could also top up with a bar snack if needed, or I may move the BBQ forward even more.

So it sounds like a definite want from you guys is food later on after 9pm. I will work on that and get the price down :)

• 3 months later...

Would there be any interest in the lady's having the hair in rollers, dressed out or put up professionally on the weekend of the event? Misses is a hair dresser and thought this would be fun for them. She can also offer make up too.

She has said rates would be cheap and cheerful because it's the car club.

If this isn't anything of interest no problem.

• 4 weeks later...
Would there be any interest in the lady's having the hair in rollers, dressed out or put up professionally on the weekend of the event? Misses is a hair dresser and thought this would be fun for them. She can also offer make up too.

She has said rates would be cheap and cheerful because it's the car club.

If this isn't anything of interest no problem.

Yes! It is of interest! PM me with prices and details please mate.

Just bumping this before xmass guys

/QUOTE]

Would you like to bump the correct thread mate, this is last years lol

starting planning for this year ?

Yep, tickets are selling well, please see this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?337005-S-Club-Party-2017-mkivsupra-net-Summer-Meet-Saturday-8th-July-Wroxall-Abbey-Hotel

New year bump for this

/QUOTE]

Stop bumping this thread! Muppet lol

Glad you bumped this, I thought I had booked already but just checked and I handn't done it yet, done it now.

Really enjoyed this the last 2 years and would have been gutted if I had missed out this year.

Got your booking Steve :) Glad you can make it again.

Fantastic mate

Come on guys few more need selling

/QUOTE]

Bump it again! I dare you! Haha

How many rooms are left mate. I've been nagging our local lot lot

/QUOTE]

31 rooms left, so gone well considering its months away :) I'm expecting the rest to go quickly once the season starts again.