The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net Summer Meet 'S Club Party' - Saturday 16th July 2016 at Wroxall Abbey

Burna

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the feedback so far, I've also spoken to some club members in person and on the phone. I had a long chat with Rosie last night as I know a few of you spoke to her about the event over the weekend, I guess because she is my Supra wife :D

In regards to the food for next years event, I'm thinking about offering a more structured day and starting the day earlier, with two or maybe three servings of food throughout the day and night, and desert. Vegetarian options will also be looked at, as well as providing more things like rices, pastas etc...

Please keep the feedback coming :)

I like the idea of a longer event/starting earlier.

It does seem a bit rushed when everyone arrives as everybody wants to talk, catch up, look at the cars etc so most do tend to stay around the front.

Yes, it felt like it was over as soon as it started. People could have stayed over Friday too as I had arranged a discounted rate for anyone who wanted the extra day. Next year I will advertise that better as an option, and maybe look at something for everyone to do that evening.

YOU WOT. Philly

RIGHT your getting throat chopped..

LoL

Seconded :D

And you didn't get any for all your Supra brethren, but instead left us starving whilst you gorged on Pizza...........shame on you. :blink:

I asked.. no one wanted to come into town with me... Ask Steve M :p

Late to comment on this as Nisha and I went for our anniversary holiday directly after - A huge thanks to Burna and Darren for the arranging this event (and anyone else who helped!), absolutely loved it and it was so good to catch up with friends, old and new :thumbs:

I couldn't think of a better group of people to spend a weekend with :)

• 2 weeks later...

Help please, does anyone have any photos of any stock Supras that attended Wroxall? It's for an article that Toyota are putting together about the event. All the photo's that I have sent them all seem to be of modified cars, which they are covering, but they would like some stock examples too.

Post in here if you have some photo's please.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

I've got some mate but won't be back at home to send some till Thursday. Have a look at my fb and see if any are suitable and I can send the full sized ones

/QUOTE]

Ok mate will do, have a nice time on the IOW :)

What do you mean by stock Burna? Body/engine? wheels etc. Il have a look through my camera buddy.

Stock body and stock wheels.

r851 npn is mine stock from outside other than the exhaust and intercooler

Yeah they have a photo of yours mate, but you do have an aftermarket front lip. Yes, they are as anal as me about things like that lol

• 3 weeks later...

Currently negotiating prices with Wroxall for next years 'S Club Party', and would like some feedback on the following from as many of you as possible please:

1. Extra food options

The event will be starting at earlier next year at 12pm, so would you like a bacon bap on arrival? Or if you are staying over the Friday night I'd imagine you will having the morning breakfast anyway.

The BBQ will be served again in the afternoon, I was thinking maybe a bit earlier next year at 5pm? But would you like more options of dishes for the BBQ? and also a choice of deserts?

A late supper option can also be put on. Either pizza slices, or sandwich platters. This could be served around 9pm.

Please all let me know what you think and what you like the sound of, but please be aware that all these extras are going to increase the ticket price substantially, as the past two 'S Club Party's' at Wroxall were done bare bones, just a room and very basic BBQ, so the price reflected that. If we want to expand the event into a longer day with more food on offer then of course we will all have to pay for it on the ticket price.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)