The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shawn's UK 3.4 V160 Single Ridox Widearch

ShawnPreece

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably easier for mapping too I'd imagine?

Depends if the mapper needs to get to them or not?

Shawn, not sure if you are using rubber or silicone vac lines but Greg prefers silicone, he changed mine to silicone.

If I was choosing I'd get the 1 ply ones from ebay rather than standard silicone ones.

Depends if the mapper needs to get to them or not?

Shawn, not sure if you are using rubber or silicone vac lines but Greg prefers silicone, he changed mine to silicone.

If I was choosing I'd get the 1 ply ones from ebay rather than standard silicone ones.

Thanks mate I wasn't aware of that but by chance it is silicone that im using anway :) cheers for the heads up :)

That looks epic mate! seeing huge turbo always males me smile lol, and the fab work on the compressor outlet looks awesome! Hope the install and mapping goes smoothly:thumbs:

Haha yeah definitely brings a smile to my face every time I look at it :) cheers bud

Bit of advice I learned the hard way! Make sure that thrust cone washer is the right way round. It centers the hub and stops vibration through the plates which can stop them releasing.... drove me mad once!

Ahh ok thats great thankyou mate all advice is greatfully received :)

Bit of advice I learned the hard way! Make sure that thrust cone washer is the right way round. It centers the hub and stops vibration through the plates which can stop them releasing.... drove me mad once!
Now I understand what you called me about [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] but alas that clutch was FUBARd anyway regardless of that cone washer!

Her heart is back where it belongs :D

Picture update as usual...

Walked out to this beauty saturday morning...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225623&stc=1&d=1519047253

Prepped the engine bay ready to drop the engine back in...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225624&stc=1&d=1519047253

Made sure all the components for the clutch went together properly...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225625&stc=1&d=1519047253

Now the exciting bit of dropping the engine back in...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225626&stc=1&d=1519047253

attachment.php?attachmentid=225627&stc=1&d=1519047281

Put the clutch in and the gearbox up...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225628&stc=1&d=1519047281

Installed my new ETS intercooler...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225629&stc=1&d=1519047281

attachment.php?attachmentid=225630&stc=1&d=1519047281

Put the exhaust in place (sorry for terrible photo's of this, will get better ones)...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225631&stc=1&d=1519047319

attachment.php?attachmentid=225632&stc=1&d=1519047319

attachment.php?attachmentid=225633&stc=1&d=1519047319

All in all a good weekend and nice to see Sally's heart back where it should be :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Awesome thread, and amazing build man. Similar to what i did to mine but on a bigger scale and much more detail! I think all the car needs is a nice custom rear diffuser to finish it off. Did you use the same guy for the bodywork the first time round? For some reason this time round it seems to sit much better in my eyes. Love it! :thumbs:

Awesome thread, and amazing build man. Similar to what i did to mine but on a bigger scale and much more detail! I think all the car needs is a nice custom rear diffuser to finish it off.

Thankyou mate :) yeah a rear diffuser has been on my mind for a while now but I keep going to and from the idea, will definitely consider it again after im finished with the current plans :)

Did you use the same guy for the bodywork the first time round? For some reason this time round it seems to sit much better in my eyes. Love it! :thumbs:

Yes mate I used Paul at Scuffed N Curbed both times, yeah I totally agree there were bits that were learned from the first time that we put into practise this time, just things like the fuel cap mod and a few different fixing ideas that seemed to have worked well :)

Another photo update :) although I did realise after I was actually quite rubbish with taking photo’s this weekend there is a few bits I done where I forgot to take any (was to in the zone)

Firstly delivery of a new Greddy clear cam cover and also a new bonnet vent seal (courtesy of Keron so thanks Keron)…

attachment.php?attachmentid=225782&stc=1&d=1519647968

attachment.php?attachmentid=225783&stc=1&d=1519647968

Just incase you are thinking that the seal is incredibly see through that is only a pic of the bag after for part numbers of anyone interested as I forgot to take the photo first

Then came the installation of the seal…

attachment.php?attachmentid=225784&stc=1&d=1519647968

Then went out to the garage and as always got to take a nice pic before doing anything :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=225785&stc=1&d=1519647968

Put the new Greddy cam cover on and also temporarily removed the cardboard from the front of the intercooler for nice pics…

attachment.php?attachmentid=225786&stc=1&d=1519648004

attachment.php?attachmentid=225787&stc=1&d=1519648004

Then emphasis was on fuelling so put up the -6 return line…

attachment.php?attachmentid=225788&stc=1&d=1519648004

I also put up the twin -8 feed lines too but this was one of the things I forgot to take photo’s of

Thought id warm myself up after that and went inside to put together the 3 walbro 485 pumps in my nice new PHR triple pump hanger…

attachment.php?attachmentid=225789&stc=1&d=1519648004

Took that back out to the car and into the fuel tank with coupling up the lines…

attachment.php?attachmentid=225790&stc=1&d=1519648004

attachment.php?attachmentid=225791&stc=1&d=1519648017

Last thing was that I had always been told I wouldn’t be able to fit my strut brace with this turbo so I thought I would trial fit it to see if it was close and although its got to go the thickness of the nut lower (its just placed ontop of the nuts on the struts) its still got plenty of clearance so will be able to use it 

attachment.php?attachmentid=225792&stc=1&d=1519648017

Next weekend should see a big improvement as I have someone coming out on Saturday to do all the remaining fabrication work so will be on the home stretch after that :D

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.jpg

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.jpg

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

nice, strut brace clears the turbo as well :)

Cheers Tim yeah is a massive bonus that it clears :)

Looking good, love the plate

Thanks Jamie :) yeah couldn't resist the plate, Just to match iv also got L220HP that is in my name and will assign to my N/A Aerotop the same day this Supra comes on the road :)

Edited by ShawnPreece (see edit history)

Not a big update this weekend unfortunately as the place I needed to go to for the last of the fuel line fittings was closed due to the snow and the guy coming up to fabricate my intercooler pipes couldn't get up either (even though I offered to go pick him up) so has put a bit of a blow to the timescale but hoping I will still be fine :)

What we did manage though was to put the starter motor, power steering pump, air con, fan & radiator back in aswell as coupling a few more bits on the loom and trial my new intake pipe with air filter for size, here's the only piccys I got...

attachment.php?attachmentid=225904&stc=1&d=1520336409

attachment.php?attachmentid=225905&stc=1&d=1520336409

attachment.php?attachmentid=225906&stc=1&d=1520336409

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG