Bergs Project Shiny, Precision 6266 build

berg

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks blooming brilliant mate, love the look.

Quick question, what is the pulley in the bottom right corner under the Purple pulley? Mine is looking tired and looking for a replacement.

Thanks

Greg

Cheers mate

Thats the aircon pump, ill be removing it on mine shortly but i believe the aircon pump also supports the power steering pump so need to find a way to mount that first

Cheers mate

Thats the aircon pump, ill be removing it on mine shortly but i believe the aircon pump also supports the power steering pump so need to find a way to mount that first

Ahh thanks bud. You not bothering with aircon then, what about our boiling hot summers ?!! :) :)

This may help mate if you haven't seen it yet.....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?266866-The-proper-way-of-deleting-the-air-con-pump

Mine is definitely a little tired but no point in replacing yet I guess.

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Ah cheers for the link looks like using the front piece of the aircon pump to keep the bracket is the best way

Ill do that and have it powder coated i think

Im not fussed about aircon to be fair i just open a window [emoji3]

Its all removed on mine already only the pump remains

Ah cheers for the link looks like using the front piece of the aircon pump to keep the bracket is the best way

Ill do that and have it powder coated i think

Im not fussed about aircon to be fair i just open a window [emoji3]

Its all removed on mine already only the pump remains

Opening the window would let all the rain in anyway :)

That bay looks awesome :drool:! Kind of look I'm going for, good work!

SRD also do a neat little bracket for the air con delete that I've just got. Rob was the one who told me about it :). Looks so much better than using the front of the AC pump. Can get you a pic of it if you want.

Edited by Parm_93 (see edit history)

One lovely bay mate, think its time you painted the bay 199 too.

Superb work

Cheers mate, it is you're right, one of next winters plan is to have the whole bay completely smoothed and painted, will be big changes to the exterior also so colour is undecided until exterior plans are finalised :thumbs:

Looks awesome mate :)

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

Right few updates....

Due to recent issues with my stock twin turbos, i have purchased a low mileage pair from a vvti lump which i planned to fit

After some thought (i have been toying the idea for some time now) I have decided to do a small single turbo build now, nothing too mental and keeping to a respectable budget

I have now purchased a PHR Precision 6266 kit (journal bearing with a 84. A/R)

Will be buying a Wolboro 450 pump

I.D injectors

Either a Link or AEM engine management

Im hoping to pick up most of the above parts in the second hand market to further save (im not a tight arse...honest :))

Anything around the 600hp mark with a decent spool and ill be happy as larry :)

Im needing the car on the road for the next few months due to a few events coming up, so the idea is to either fit the turbo kit and run no/low boost for a very short time providing afr are good.

OR

Fit the low mileage twins ive picked up and run these for a short time until i have sourced all the remaining parts for the single build

Still not made my mind up what ill be doing as id rather not do the job twice within the space of 3 months, BUT id rather do it right first time so for the sake of a days work im toying with the idea of fitting the replacement twins for the few months i need the car.

Turbo kit is expected in 3-4 weeks time so ill add pics when it arrives