Bergs Project Shiny, Precision 6266 build

berg

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool, interested to know your feedback when you have it installed. Need to get rid of my W58 for something else soon

Will post all the progress up here :thumbs:

Think its the only way now, i cant justify 6 speed money and R154 are starting to follow them now and are still limited themselves

Ill get a bmw kit sorted and working before they start to become £5k plus in the future lol

Right few updates....

Due to recent issues with my stock twin turbos, i have purchased a low mileage pair from a vvti lump which i planned to fit

After some thought (i have been toying the idea for some time now) I have decided to do a small single turbo build now, nothing too mental and keeping to a respectable budget

I have now purchased a PHR Precision 6266 kit (journal bearing with a 84. A/R)

Will be buying a Wolboro 450 pump

I.D injectors

Either a Link or AEM engine management

Im hoping to pick up most of the above parts in the second hand market to further save (im not a tight arse...honest :))

Anything around the 600hp mark with a decent spool and ill be happy as larry :)

Im needing the car on the road for the next few months due to a few events coming up, so the idea is to either fit the turbo kit and run no/low boost for a very short time providing afr are good.

OR

Fit the low mileage twins ive picked up and run these for a short time until i have sourced all the remaining parts for the single build

Still not made my mind up what ill be doing as id rather not do the job twice within the space of 3 months, BUT id rather do it right first time so for the sake of a days work im toying with the idea of fitting the replacement twins for the few months i need the car.

Turbo kit is expected in 3-4 weeks time so ill add pics when it arrives

Mate that's cracking news well done and excited I bet!

Just so you know I shall have a walbro 485 pump with hangar for sale in about 3 weeks. It was fitted by SRD in November so less than 6 months old and covered no more than 1,000 miles I reckon. Let me know if interested. Price will be £100 mate and I can either collect and bring home for you to collect from my house again or collect at SRD. PM me buddy.

If you're going for spool then I guess the .84 is good but maybe better to have a little top end and less flow restriction as James said mate. Can you change it?

Any reason why? Im interested

I thought about it but after reading it seemed the 84 was better for spool which is what im mainly after

You won't have any issues with spool believe me!

attachment.php?attachmentid=198758&d=1426204354

That's a 1.00 A/R Journal 6266 on my car, spool is instant on the road, (Slightly sooner than on the dyno) I think you'd be limiting yourself needlessly on overall power is all.

I get full boost by 3200 rpm on the road in 4th.

Mate that's cracking news well done and excited I bet!

Just so you know I shall have a walbro 485 pump with hangar for sale in about 3 weeks. It was fitted by SRD in November so less than 6 months old and covered no more than 1,000 miles I reckon. Let me know if interested. Price will be £100 mate and I can either collect and bring home for you to collect from my house again or collect at SRD. PM me buddy.

If you're going for spool then I guess the .84 is good but maybe better to have a little top end and less flow restriction as James said mate. Can you change it?

I am indeed :thumbs:

Yes please mate ill take the pump off your hands ill send you a pm about that.

I can change the turbo no problem as the kit is expected to be ready in around 3 weeks roughly

Maybe ill send a message over to mvp and see what they can do

You won't have any issues with spool believe me!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=198758&d=1426204354

That's a 1.00 A/R Journal 6266 on my car, spool is instant on the road, (Slightly sooner than on the dyno) I think you'd be limiting yourself needlessly on overall power is all.

I get full boost by 3200 rpm on the road in 4th.

Wow thats pretty damm impressive that doesnt actually look alot in it compared to the .84a/r graph ive seen in terms of spool time

Thanks for the heads up ill fire a message over to them :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Havent updated for a while

Turbo kit is still stuck at customs and has been for 2 weeks, they certainly know how to take their time

Got the old stuff stripped off

Looked a right mess once that hole was opened up

Started to give it a clean up will be finishing tomorrow

Catch tank in place, had the new bov pipe welded up and fitted that

My fancy strut tops also arrived so fit them along with the new nuts which are the very last touch of colour ill be doing before it ends up too in your face

Got most of the turbo kit fitted today

Few little niggles left to sort then it can be ran for the first time

Really impressed with PHR everything in the kit fits like it grew there and the quality is superb

Precision wastegate

Decided to get a nice matching velocity stack to use at shows

I have a 4" intake with k&n for road use