Bergs Project Shiny, Precision 6266 build

berg

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good mate, did you use any type of gasket maker on the AN fittings?

Na nothing needed mate

Nice have you decided to keep the ff sensor

I think i will bang it on and use it, just need to figure a way of me knowing the mix myself, syvecs uses toucan so you can see the mixture on there, i dont think link have a device like a toucan

Love what you've done with the ECU cover, the attention to detail on this build is first class

Thanks mate, little details count :)

Old manifold off, head cleaned, lots of work on the loom

Also decided to rip all the heat stuff off the bulkhead so needs a real good clean now

Test fit (no bolts just resting on 2 studs)

Power steering union is close

FPR fitted in place

Only issue ive come across is the power steering tank, i cant find anywhere for it to go now :think:

SRD run into the same problem when fitting our Hypertune Intake, Lee custom made a power steering resivour and mounted it at the N/S/R of the engine bay. Although you cant see it because its hidden by carbon engine bay boxes.

Sounds like something ill need to do too, will look into it today :thumbs:

Easier option is to use the NA power steering tank etc, and you'll be able to pick one up cheaper than your TT res would sell for :)

Im not sure an n/a tank will work with this manifold either to be fair, i think the tank will physically fit in the gap, but the hose outlet off the tank may be an issue

Im not sure an n/a tank will work with this manifold either to be fair, i think the tank will physically fit in the gap, but the hose outlet off the tank may be an issue

Oh, not good as I've got the same manifold waiting to go on and have just brought a chromed N/A reservoir for this very reason.

I could be wrong as i havent got one to try

But looking out where the hose outlet points i think it will be fouling the manifold

Ive relocated my tank now but the hose isnt going to connect to the pump so thats a new issue

I may have to get one of the PHR adapters with the AN- fitting on it

Never realised it would be so much faffing to fit a manifold but hey its finally just about done

Power steering issue fixed

Have had to relocate the power steering bottle and run two new hoses too from next to the abs unit

Everything is ready for the mappers now, just waiting on the new hose for the throttle body and can finish the intercooler pipework

Had issues with the fuel pump, which was down to the Link ecu, Nodalmighty kindly helped me solve that issue and now the fuel pump ecu is fully bypassed and the pump works exactly how it should from the Link

Also forgot to fit all vac lines and brake servo pipe before bolting the manifold on a allowing fuel system to pressurize doh!

But a bit of messing from underneath the car and they are all on now, have also shortened one of the heater hoses so now the catch tank lines sit alot tidier than before (just not pictured)

Never realised it would be so much faffing to fit a manifold but hey its finally just about done

Power steering issue fixed

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii125/bergofski/Single%20build/4F98B9A8-DBC4-4737-A943-FF0B07B351D3.jpg

Have had to relocate the power steering bottle and run two new hoses too from next to the abs unit

Everything is ready for the mappers now, just waiting on the new hose for the throttle body and can finish the intercooler pipework

Had issues with the fuel pump, which was down to the Link ecu, Nodalmighty kindly helped me solve that issue and now the fuel pump ecu is fully bypassed and the pump works exactly how it should from the Link

Also forgot to fit all vac lines and brake servo pipe before bolting the manifold on a allowing fuel system to pressurize doh!

But a bit of messing from underneath the car and they are all on now, have also shortened one of the heater hoses so now the catch tank lines sit alot tidier than before (just not pictured)

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii125/bergofski/Single%20build/E9079588-F597-4236-ADB6-B21ADA0C832F.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii125/bergofski/Single%20build/F11458E2-4944-4FB1-B7D6-80FDC55FA082.jpg

Strange about the fuel pump ecu, I run mine as stock on the plugin through the fuel pump ecu.

What issues did you have?

Strange about the fuel pump ecu, I run mine as stock on the plugin through the fuel pump ecu.

What issues did you have?

/QUOTE]

I done the 12v mod using a relay so the wolbro pump would work but for some reason the Link was running the fuel pump at 12v constantly with just ignition on and engine off

Put the stock ecu in and everything was normal, primed then went off as it should until cranking

Changed a few things in ecu using the PCLink software and basically wired the fuel pump using a relay and the main feed and trigger from the fuel pump ecu wiring, so that way the pump only runs when the Link tells it to

Works perfectly now

• 2 weeks later...

Car is just about finished now

Few last things to install like the link knock sensor, oil pressure and link boost solenoid

Decided to ditch the boost controller and let the ecu do the work, ive ordered a toucan display and will use that to monitor everything and switch maps, antilag etc

Mapping is booked Nov 9th :)

(excuse the ignitor pack in this photo, it was pulled out of its hiding place whilst fixing an issue, its now back in hiding :))

This looks amazing dude! So shiny! The project title definitely lives up to its name :thumbs:

Just a quick question if you don't mind. I see that you'll be having an antilag map - are you not worried about causing damage to the 6266? After mine failed I did a whooooole lot of research into antilag and turbos, the genuine consensus I found was that no matter what turbo you use, minus the 4k+ beasts with Maram shafts etc, you're gonna cause significant damage over time using anything more than the slightest ignition retard. I'm only asking as I'm curious to see if people on this forum, including yourself, feel that antilag really is a turbo killer, or if it just takes the proper setup procedure and mapping to ensure it doesn't pop turbos!

This looks amazing dude! So shiny! The project title definitely lives up to its name :thumbs:

Just a quick question if you don't mind. I see that you'll be having an antilag map - are you not worried about causing damage to the 6266? After mine failed I did a whooooole lot of research into antilag and turbos, the genuine consensus I found was that no matter what turbo you use, minus the 4k+ beasts with Maram shafts etc, you're gonna cause significant damage over time using anything more than the slightest ignition retard. I'm only asking as I'm curious to see if people on this forum, including yourself, feel that antilag really is a turbo killer, or if it just takes the proper setup procedure and mapping to ensure it doesn't pop turbos!

Cheers mate ;)

To be honest ive never had it myself so cant comment on experience

A guy i used to work with had anti lag on his supra at 680hp and that been built for the last 6 years and hasnt failed yet

It is however an old T88 turbo so whether or not they are stronger than the precision im not sure

I guess with anything, lots of abuse will kill it, i probably wouldnt use it much

This is definitely going to be a really cool build for sure! Looking good mate!

/QUOTE]

Cheers mate, thanks for all the help along the way :thumbs:

Cheers mate ;)

To be honest ive never had it myself so cant comment on experience

A guy i used to work with had anti lag on his supra at 680hp and that been built for the last 6 years and hasnt failed yet

It is however an old T88 turbo so whether or not they are stronger than the precision im not sure

I guess with anything, lots of abuse will kill it, i probably wouldnt use it much

Cheers mate, thanks for all the help along the way :thumbs:

Ah I see, I did see mentions about the old turbos, mainly the Garrett and HKS models, being notoriously robust in terms of being used with antilag. Precision perhaps not as much, but still definitely a strong turbo! Anyway I'm sure you won't have any issues, I was just curious is all :)

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the last of the jobs today

Wired up the Link sensors, i have Boost solenoid, map sensor, IAT sensor, oil pressure & fuel pressure,Knock sensor

Also wired up the toucan display

drilled and tapped the water neck to properly blank off the water feeds, filled with fluids and ran up to temp and zero leaks

Runs a bit lumpy and struggles to idle and wants to stall until its warmed up, but thats the mappers job next week

My work here is done

Nice :cool: looking forward to the next update, and some drive by vids.

I take it that AFM gauge is going now?

Thanks

Im unsure what to do with the AFR gauge at the moment

I was originally going to bin the gauge and wire the wideband uego sensor into the Link ecu, but im still undecided whether to do it or keep the gauge and sensor independant