Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Few updates

Replaced the passenger headlight as it was letting the car down

Before

After

Got a pair of engine boxes from SRD

Have since removed them though as im trying something different with them, one is done and looks ace!

Also the latest update, seem to have gained an extra pedal in the process :)

How the car currently sits

You need to explain how you did the wire tuck :D this is what i want/need lol

Its basically a case of numbering every wire before and after where you are going to cut them, then cut the loom, extending the wires inside the wing to wherever the fuse box is going and soldering them all back up again, time consuming but worth it :)

Things like ignitor pack etc just need extending aswell and running inside the wing too

My fuse box is inside the glove box so i avoided extending some wires, like the 2 big plugs that sit next to the fuse box, i was able to trace them back into the large grommet on the bulkhead and route them through there with the rest of the loom.

I have a lot of pics from the process i could upload which might help, its satisfying when its done :thumbs:

Looks beautiful great work on the bay. I would dye to carpet ASAP though as it really lets the interior down.

Thanks, interior overhaul is next on the cards, i already have the dye for the carpet :thumbs:

Fully flocked interior with carbon dash panels and some nice Recaro seats is what I'm going for

Edited by berg (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made a start on the engine bay changes today even though the engine is coming out shortly

Got all the new hoses on, and the new idler pulley

Just waiting for the new fittings for the power steering tank and a new air filter

Some more shiny bits are on there way also, new cam pulleys, custom engine boxes and a few other bespoke items :)

Whole bay needs a serious polish it looks crap currently

Edited by berg (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Currently looks like this

Still a fair bit to do

Custom engine boxes will be ready soon

Ordered a new air filter as the blue doesnt look very good now

Also waiting for mops and compound to arrive so i can get the parts back to former glory