• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where's this from and how much please mate feel free to pm me

Ill pm you :thumbs:

Why would large amounts of ethanol not be good on a stock block?

Ive been told by tuner that running high power on the stock block with ethanol can be dangerous for the rods due to the extra torque so I've been advised to change rods and rod bolts before going mad

Also to change to head stud kit as it can cause the head to lift

No point risking it

Ill pm you :thumbs:

Ive been told by tuner that running high power on the stock block with ethanol can be dangerous for the rods due to the extra torque so I've been advised to change rods and rod bolts before going mad

Also to change to head stud kit as it can cause the head to lift

No point risking it

/QUOTE]

Ok cool, makes sense..

What is the max lb ft of torque can a stock GTE engine take? I know max bhp is 750 but I have never seen anything about toque

I think around 600lbs of torque is probably what a stock bottom block will take. Maybe a little more but then it depends how hard and often you drive it i guess.

What is the max lb ft of torque can a stock GTE engine take? I know max bhp is 750 but I have never seen anything about toque

Is yours still on stock engine?

Plazmaman intake?

Its basically the same manifold kit you can buy from SSI performance just slightly cheaper as it doesn't have the uk price inflation due to me ordering direct from abroad

Made to order, custom spec etc can even be made for dual fuel rail etc

Very good build quality

Lovely manifold, I am considering buying one of these for my car as the price is ok.

Can You post more photos please? especially of that part that's bolted to the engine.

Thank you

I can take photos, but what exactly are you wanting to see?

Just the flange that bolts to the head?

I saw that some of the aftermarket/custom manifolds have grooves for O-rings and some are just flush finished and you need some gaskets to seal them properly.

And I really like pictures ;)

This one has grooves for o-rings, but ive spoken with the manufacturer and a stock gasket will work just fine if you dont want to use the o-rings

I can take pics should you need any

This one has grooves for o-rings, but ive spoken with the manufacturer and a stock gasket will work just fine if you dont want to use the o-rings

I can take pics should you need any

that's not necessary, thank you for info how it's made!

Sebastian

• 2 weeks later...

Last few pieces have arrived

Link G4+ Supra Link ecu

I have the expansion loom, 3 bar map sensor, IAT sensor and Link knock sensor to come also

Also have some Whifbitz 264 cams on the way too which should hopefully make a difference when mapping is done

Now to fit it all and hopefully have it mapped before Japshow Finale

As the Link ecu needs the top and bottom covers from a stock ecu, ive ripped apart an old na auto ecu i had lying around and will use the covers from that, my friend is just starting up a powder coating business so hes going to paint the covers gloss black free of charge just to give it that extra touch

• 2 weeks later...

So today i decided to fit the Whifbitz 264 cams

Not many pictures here but started the strip down

Exhaust cam fitted

Both cams fitted, belt back on and all timed perfectly

My next little project was the cam covers

I wanted to use AN- fittings for these, but once the fittings are welded on and a 90 degree fitting is on i dont like how far the stick out, most people have them pushed into the turbo blanket as they are so wide

So i decided rather than weld, i would tap the holes and use a pair of screw in 90 degree fittings instead

No drilling is needed as a 3/8"NPT tap fits the exhaust cover perfectly and a 1/2"NPT tap fits the inlet cam cover perfectly

So 2 taps

2 fittings which i had to have imported as i couldnt find these in the UK

Exhaust cam cover tapped

Inlet cam cover mid way through & a test fit of the threads

Once completed i think it looks pretty darn good

In terms of swarf, covers have been fully flushed through and an inspection camera inserted to make sure its all good

If anyone tries it, i would advise using a camera once flushed, or if you cant access one then it may be a good idea to drill the baffles out and clean that way

Catch can is also getting some love

Its only a Whifbitz stage one so rather than sell and fork out for a new one

Ive drilled holes out and 2 new fittings are currently being welded on as we speak

Ready to smooth the holes, de-bur and weld on