The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bergs Project Shiny, Precision 6266 build

berg

Heat coated parts now back on

Just waiting for the turbo housing to come back end of this week

Got the tedious electrical jobs done

Its amazing how long it actually is once layed out

Securely mounted and all wired up to the car, Luckily with a tiny bit of trimming the OEM sub enclosure fits back in too :)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Turbo housing is now back from the polishers, thanks to Paul Whiffin

Also redone my wastegate lines using -4 fittings and hose and used some black fire sleeve this time so they are almost hidden

Also scrapped off the enclosure i made for the battery stuff in the boot and decided to just mount everything in the spare wheel well

The stock boards and carpet all fitted back in now, and the OEM sub box (minus the sub itself) fits back in its hole aroun d the fuse box so everything is hidden :)

• 5 weeks later...

Ive been lacking photos of the actual car while all the engine work has been happening

A few i took last weekend

Also had a couple of switches i needed to mount for launch control, antilag etc so made a little switch panel in place of the ashtray

It's all to do with the spoke design aswell not just offset. If the spokes were pointing outwards they would fit I reckon. You'll be fine with a 10mm spacer I'd have thought.

Yer fingers crossed a small spacer works, ive seen pics of the same wheel in et22 and theres nearly an inch of room from the jspec caliper to the spoke, but the spokes are more concaved and come out more

I shall try a spacer eventually when i fit and see how it goes

I've got a couple of slip on spacers you could try mate, 5mm and 10mm. Pop round if you want to give them a whirl.

Also got some seals etc left too if planning on rebuilding?

/QUOTE]

I planned to refresh them, but to be fair they are in really good condition so im not going to touch the seals now, just refurb the outside, just need to decide on colour

Will i need longer studs for a 10mm spacer?

Yer fingers crossed a small spacer works, ive seen pics of the same wheel in et22 and theres nearly an inch of room from the jspec caliper to the spoke, but the spokes are more concaved and come out more

I shall try a spacer eventually when i fit and see how it goes

I planned to refresh them, but to be fair they are in really good condition so im not going to touch the seals now, just refurb the outside, just need to decide on colour

Will i need longer studs for a 10mm spacer?

Doesn't Glanza_Mike have same wheels? I think he ran spacers with UKs or trimmed some off the caliper.

I have practically a brand new pot of Foliatec Carbon Grey available too mate if interested. By far the best paint and great colour for silver and near OEM finish. I had to buy another just to touch up my rear calipers after I marked them, grrrr....

I think you can run 10mm max without a spacer, Hubcentrics not slipon ones.

I have 5mm slip on and 10mm hubcentric. As I said give them a shot if you want I'm not using them.

See thread here mate:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?338870-Spacers-Views-and-limitations&highlight=Spacers

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Doesn't Glanza_Mike have same wheels? I think he ran spacers with UKs or trimmed some off the caliper.

I have practically a brand new pot of Foliatec Carbon Grey available too mate if interested. By far the best paint and great colour for silver and near OEM finish. I had to buy another just to touch up my rear calipers after I marked them, grrrr....

I think you can run 10mm max without a spacer, Hubcentrics not slipon ones.

I have 5mm slip on and 10mm hubcentric. As I said give them a shot if you want I'm not using them.

See thread here mate:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?338870-Spacers-Views-and-limitations&highlight=Spacers

Yer Mike also has the ET22, thats what makes me think even with a small spacer they wont fit with mine, after seeing the space between the caliper and spoke the et22 has alot more room than mine

Yes mate but Mike said he has far more room now with the Brembo SRTs than he had with UK'S on, like an ample amount.

It's the depth of the UK'S that are ridiculous! The actual length is fine.

I have about 2mm clearance on my CCWs if that. They are chunky blooming brakes.

I was just about to say ain't mike got same wheels as us. With his brembo brakes. Here's the space I have on et12. Hopefully plenty of room for my uks

Could park a bus in there :D

Im going to whip a wheel off tomorrow and see how much room i havent got and go from there :)

• 4 weeks later...

Japfest round the corner, lots to do and little time to do it as always

Picked up some Titan cam gears and ARP bolts from RobW on here

This will take my mind off the knock off hks pulleys i have and i wont have to wince every time i put my boot down, its amazing how much heavier and better these are, the hks copies weigh absolutely nothing i reckon i could snap one with my hands :)

Also have some SRD twin electric fans on their way, ill be wiring these to the Link ecu and let them control them for peace of mind, the joys of standalone

TRD engine mounts also purchased, seems i have a bad mount which is causing the fan to hit the cowling, hopefully these will help

In amongst fitting all of this i also need to replace the rear crank seal which is showing signs of leaking now, little drain hole where the bellhousing meets the engine has a nice drip of oil sat there

I have a goal set to have all this completed in 2 days starting Monday

Then the car goes back to Greg at Protuner for a few little extras shortly

Edited by berg (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Cam pulleys now changed

Also fitted the SRD fans and wired those up

Decided to wire these into the Link ecu, that way the ecu can trigger them coming on and off, i wired them up then Greg at Protuner set the ecu side of things up and job done

Edited by berg (see edit history)

Looks great!.-)

Have to ask, what oil feed lines came with the street torque kit? ordered oil feed kit for my pt6266. ordered 1/4 but they changed it to 1/8 NPT oil inlet, when i told them what turbo i was going to use..

Thanks

I believe the thread on the turbo itself is a 1/8NPT, mines uses an adapter to AN-4, then AN-4 line and fittings