The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bergs Project Shiny, Precision 6266 build

berg

Looks awesome, I'm sure you can't wait until it's mapped to put it through its paces lol

Attention to detail is (Y) even the powder coat and carbon ECU cover, even whenever you won't see it!

Cheers mate, im certainly looking forward to it :)

You can wire the AEM AFR gauge into the Link. Do you have the Link plug in expansion cable? White wire form the AFR gauge to any analog input then configure it as a linear 0 to 5v input. The AFR gauge comes with a voltage v's AFR table. The AEM gauge needs to be in mode 0 from memory.

Thats how im going to do it now yer i have the expansion harness, will need to keep the gauge though as the link doesnt have wideband control im told

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Car has been at Protuner last couple of days

Had quite a few niggly issues while it was there which was frustrating, issues with throttle body, bov leaking fuel leaks including the new FPR leaking from the body, but Greg done an awesome job and spent countless hours on it and it feels absolutely awesome

Final figures was 630bhp and 540lbs/ft at 1.75bar

There is still some left in the setup and with a bigger exhaust, air filter, 4 bar map sensor and a bit of cam timing tweeks he said he should get some more out of it while still keeping it in the safe and not over working the fuel system

But for now im very happy with it, totally different car :)

If you don't mind me asking, what was the issue with throttle body? I just have ordered very similar intake kit (looks like the same) and wondering what problems I will have.

There was a small leak from the side of the throttle body, coming from the bearing inside on the throttle cable mount (unsure of exact name but the bit that the cable goes round lol)

Also the idle screw/spring was useless and we couldnt get a stable idle so had to modify it slightly

It could be a one off issue but it set him back a bit time wise

Cracking results mate well done. He sure knows his stuff doesn't he.

He is very good so glad i took my car there, he wasnt releasing the car until it was perfect which happened to be 9pm on friday night which shows the dedication

Edited by berg (see edit history)

There was a small leak from the side of the throttle body, coming from the bearing inside on the throttle cable mount (unsure of exact name but the bit that the cable goes round lol)

Also the idle screw/spring was useless and we couldnt get a stable idle so had to modify it slightly

It could be a one off issue but it set him back a bit time wise

He is very good so glad i took my car there, he wasnt releasing the car until it was perfect which happened to be 9pm on friday night which shows the dedication

Wow. That's service for you. Definitely booking mine in December. Thanks mate and well done.

Good weather tomoz. I say mini meet

Im working :(

But ill be out and about in the evening, so far ive only driven it the 10 miles back home and only got a couple of pulls in it, dying to drive it lol

Wow. That's service for you. Definitely booking mine in December. Thanks mate and well done.

/QUOTE]

What work are you having done?

• 3 weeks later...

Small update

Car hasnt been very fun since it came back from tuning

We think because these engines can take the power we throw at them it will all be ok, im starting to realise throwing this much power and torque through a 20 year old engine isnt such a good idea after all

After a few days and only driving the car once, i noticed a big oil patch on the floor, after hunting around it turned out to be cam seals

So the strip down begun

All good, got a nice dry day and took the car out for the first proper test and its seriously quick, absolutely love it

few days pass and i decide to give everything a check over before going out again, oh dear another oil patch

Got the car in the air hoping it may just be some left over from the previous leak that i couldnt get to, but it seems im wrong as there is too much

Anti roll bar is covered aswell as all behind the crank pulley, hard to find exactly where it was coming from as the pulley has sprayed it everywhere but it seems the front crank seal has now decided it doesnt like the new power now

Personally i feel its time to get the engine out and refresh it with new parts throughout, maybe a few upgrades while its out

Something i hadnt planned to do just yet but i definitely want a reliable car come summer time

Yep its not the worst job to do to be fair

Main reason for wanting to do the engine is i know the valve stem seals are also worn and could do with changing aswell as me wanting to paint the engine bay

I also have a feeling the rear main seal is also leaking after looking at the gearbox area today

Im just thinking more about it being the perfect time to do it all in one go now while the weathers crap rather than lose nice weather next year

Yep its not the worst job to do to be fair

Main reason for wanting to do the engine is i know the valve stem seals are also worn and could do with changing aswell as me wanting to paint the engine bay

I also have a feeling the rear main seal is also leaking after looking at the gearbox area today

Im just thinking more about it being the perfect time to do it all in one go now while the weathers crap rather than lose nice weather next year

/QUOTE]

True mate, does make sense to do it now.

It's been seen on many cars, i'd be willing to bet a new seal doesn't solve it also?

As CW always says the pumps with age create a little valley in the sealing area. (he sells the stronger springed seals to help) however if the engine is coming out for a refresh i'd replace the pump also. But for the sake of 15 quid and a few hours of your time, try one of CW's seals as Sheefa says.

Other than that, looking great!

Small update

Car hasnt been very fun since it came back from tuning

We think because these engines can take the power we throw at them it will all be ok, im starting to realise throwing this much power and torque through a 20 year old engine isnt such a good idea after all

Nail on the head.

They can take the power but they all need refreshing now, not just the engines its every seal i seem to come across hah.

It's been seen on many cars, i'd be willing to bet a new seal doesn't solve it also?

As CW always says the pumps with age create a little valley in the sealing area. (he sells the stronger springed seals to help) however if the engine is coming out for a refresh i'd replace the pump also. But for the sake of 15 quid and a few hours of your time, try one of CW's seals as Sheefa says.

Other than that, looking great!

Ive seen the power house racing modified oil pumps which have been modified to improve flow and also reduce the risk of seal leaks etc

They are genuine Toyota parts which are modified and to be fair the price seems to be around the same as a new pump in this country so i may have a look at that option if it isnt going to cost much more to do

that's sucks! Luckily winter is coming :) so you will have time to do the repairs. Did you find out what was that strange noise from your engine bay?

Indeed, No idea what the noise is, checked power steering today and theres no air inside, noise doesnt disappear when operating the steering, and i cant promp it to do it from the steering either :think:

Nail on the head.

They can take the power but they all need refreshing now, not just the engines its every seal i seem to come across hah.

Inevitable really, i guess some are lucky and some arent, although my cars only done 78k miles its still 21 years old

• 1 month later...

Getting a few winter jobs done

Turbo side is all off

This bad boy has been sent off to be polished finally

I decided to heat coat the manifold and turbo exhaust housing etc, condensation and water has caused surface rust due to them being cast and to be fair were looking pretty crap now, it was an optional extra when i bought the turbo kit but i was impatient and didnt want to wait longer, wish i had it done now but no big deal

Heres before

And after heat coating, turbo all built back up and wastegate refitted to manifold

Ive also been working on a boot install to house the battery, fuse box and associated bits like breaker, distribution block

Its all being housed in an enclosure ive made in the spare wheel well and i have made a new boot floor board to sit over the top, stock carpet to finish it off and look completely oem

I have no pics but i do have a pic of the mass amount of wiring ive bought to relocate the fuse box from the glove box (where previously relocated to) to the boot

Tedious job which i never imagined i would be doing a second time, but will be good when done

Battery wiring and components ready to replace existing amp wire thats currently in place

What's the yellow wire for?

I wouldn't mind having a look at this if you're about over a weekend, I'll need to do mine when I get my car back from the bodyshop..

All the wiring is for extending the fuse box, theres 4 different sizes of wire

Ive whatsapp'd you