j_jza80

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some.

Unfortunately, there have been a few issues with the car, which have delayed things.

- The titanium exhaust I bought wasn't capable of flowing enough, so it had to be removed for mapping. Paul thinks it must have been made for an NA, but to be fair it seemed to cope at BPU. I really do have to thank Paul though for really going the extra mile to help sort things, he donated me an old superdrager FOC to get me going.

- The Whifbitz SMIC wasn't up to single turbo power. Whifbitz did warn me about this, so I've gone with one of their FMIC kits for now

- The Bosch 044 I installed was faulty and fuel pressure was dropping. A new walbro pump sorted this

- Syvecs are having a nightmare with my gearbox by all accounts. I'm not sure whether is just the gearbox, or is to do with the Bosch throttle too, but they aren't able to get the car driving well. From what I gather, progress is being made, but at the moment I have no idea when they will sort it. I naively assumed there wouldn't be any issues here, as syvecs list my car as being P&P with the S6 plus, and they have a promo video showing a tiptronic car working with one.

In addition to all that, they found my crank pulley was almost dead, so that needed changing. But at least that's something I won't need to worry about now for a long while.

Pauls been doing a great job in running around between Darren and Syvecs, and keeping me up to date with progress daily, which has been very reassuring. I think I would have been a nervous wreck otherwise :D

DBW? Mine ran like a bag of shit with the stock DBW and syvecs, wasn't nice to drive at all so I got rid of it in favour of a normal cable TB.

Ryan said the stock DBW throttle body is very poor.

I binned the stock drive by wire for the reasons you mention, in favour of the Porsche / Bosch DBW unit that Whifbitz and Ryan G recommend.

Not only is it proper dbw, but it also costs about 1/10th of what Toyota charge for a new vvti throttle body :D

Cheers mate :)

I specifically wanted dbw for the cruise control aspect. Whifbitz have a few cars running this throttle now, I gather the issue is tye way the tiptronic box communicates with the stock hybrid dbw throttle.

I'm assuming the tiptronic box must be significantly different to the regular auto.

Always a head ache when your the first doing something and alot more expensive as you are a R&D project as such , could you have notlet the stock ecu deal with the gearbox and just wire the stock buttons as paddles to save one less problem or is the stock control rubish?

On the plus side at least they didnt see you next tuesday ;)

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

Always a head ache when your the first doing something and alot more expensive as you are a R&D project as such , could you have notlet the stock ecu deal with the gearbox and just wire the stock buttons as paddles to save one less problem or is the stock control rubish?

No, the stock control was great. Was quick on downshifts especially. But I was lead to believe by various traders that the S6 plus would do it better. Knowing what I do now, I would have probably gone with an S6 and kept the stock ecu for gearbox control.

I suppose if nothing else, at least I'm set up for a future gearbox swap :)

I've received assurances that I won't be paying for the R&D here, as this issue is nothing to do with me :)

Who actually owns that car with the green painted dashboard panels in the video and is he contactable?

I now have a VVTI Tiptronic car here that should be on a Syvecs S6 Plus that's just a none runner and needs putting back to stock whilst the Syvecs / Tiptronic saga is addressed. Let no one doubt the complexity of putting a mappable ecu on a Tiptronic car, that controls all functionality, I have yet to see one working properly myself.

The green one has been looked at over the last few days, but unfortunately the setup on that car is quite different from mine. They're doing to find a stock car to scope the gearbox, which will hopefully provide some answers.

The speedo had stopped working too, but Pauls fitted a speed converter (kph - mph) Which has solved that.

Also, while I haven't got and graphs to show you yet, Romain is confident the car will be making circa 550hp now @1.6 bar, which is really bang on the money. He's sending me the boost plots, so I'm looking forward to seeing how responsive the car is now :cool:

Still no news on the gearbox mapping, but on the plus side I have got some pics through today from Paul. This is the first I've seen of the single install finished. Really happy with the result, though I'll have to get my new intercooler pipes off for powdercoating in gloss black.