11: Max bar w/ pops & bangs

12: Max bar w/ pops & bangs & launch control

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TRC can be coupled into the single CAL switch using the traction control override function of CAL position. I think its better on its own input, that way you can have your normal CAL settings and then a TRC switch with OFF through to what ever level of TRC you want, depends how you want it set up really.

Both CAL and TRC have the option for up to 12 positions, although for TRC I wouldnt think you would need all 12 positions, possibly 5 or 6, I think I use 5, first being off and then 4 traction settings, you can of course go further and setup tire profiles etc, options are dry, intermediate and wet but for normal road use would be massively overkill :D

Managed to give the car a bit of a much wash and wax yesterday :) Even though it's still not driving properly due to the Syvecs issue, it's still great to have it back :cool:

And a couple more shots of the enginebay

Although I'm not going to do any more big jobs for the foreseeable future, there are some smaller one's i'll be doing over the coming months:

- Sort the downpipe. The HKS downpipe I've used came with the lambda boss in the wrong place. I have used a dud lamda sensor as a cap for now, but my fabricator will be making me up a proper one soon. Then I'll heatwrap the downpipe from a couple of inches behind the turbine hosing to just before the bottom bend.

- Wiring. Now that I know the heated seat wiring works, I can begin soldering the connections.

- Syvecs mounting. I want to make a specific mount rather than just having it tied behind the ecu cover.

- Active spoiler. Although in the long run I do plan on making a front mount that will work with the active spoiler, for now I am just going to source a spoiler lip and attach it to the car :)

- brace the turbo, and install a flexi section in my second decat pipe to prolong the life of my hks manifold.

- heatshielding. I'm going to make up several heatshields to help with my intake temps, protect various parts from heat soak (Brake reservoir particularly), and generally make the install a little neater. In addition to various off the shelf heat wraps / heat sheaths will include fabricating a manifold heatshield, a brake master cylinder heatshield, a heatshield to cover the fuel rail and various pipes between the plenum and the head (just to neaten it up), and a custom airbox.

Thankfully Paul has managed to source a customer car for the testing, so now I'm just having to wait until Whifbitz, Romain and the Tiptronic owner can get together.

Hopefully it won't take too long, I did have a trip planned this next weekend in my Supra that I've now had to cancel which is a shame. I was also invited on a Nurburgring trip in May that I've had to decline :cry:

Today I received my updated cal settings from Romain, and while running some errands this afternoon I got time to test some of them out.

Up until now, it's been running on the cal setting it was left on, and I wasn't aware what it was set up for. But now they're all in the order I wanted (as per the earlier post).

Anyway, I managed to put my foot down in the 1.6 bar map (full boost), and it's fair to say it is absolutely savage :D

I hadn't noticed there was a load of compacted mud Un the road where I accelerated, which lead to a brown trouser moment. :D thankfully I caught it straight away and backed off. But it seems like I'm getting full boost in second gear at somewhere around 4k rpm (I was concentrating on the road too much to keep looking at the boost display). But I'm really going to need some larger rear tyres when the gearbox work is finished if I want to exploit the setup.

The pops and bangs map is good fun on the limiter too, but I'm going to get Romain to tweeked the fuelling on overrun to give it a bit more character, as that's something I really liked about the old setup (see the video earlier in the thread)

I had to go to Jaguar later in the afternoon, and thought it would be rude not to get a pic next to a nice white F Type :cool: the Supra was getting plenty of admiring looks from people browsing the F Types and XK'S on the forecourt.

What is left to do with the gearbox and when is it going in to be sorted?

Syvecs hadn't done the R&D on the Tiptronic box before selling it as "Plug and Play", so no one knows how to map the box properly at the moment. So the gearbox currently has a mind of its own, changes gear whenever it wants, doesn't kickdown, manual mode barely works, gearchanges are slow and occasionally pretty violent, the gearbox lockup points are way too high up the rpm range (in first sometimes it doesn't lock up until almost 4k rpm) etc.

The only cure is to start from scratch, so Romain needed a stock tiptronic car on which he could scope the stock gearbox control to see what it's doing. Thankfully, with a lot of help from Paul, they've managed to secure a car to do the testing on. So it's really just a case of Paul, his customer and Romain organising a date.

Hopefully soon :D

Ryan did all the R&D on the tiptronic, this was about 6 months ago I believe.

Without wanting to bring someone else's car into it, or to drag Syvecs name through the mud, I'm aware of the car you are talking about, and I stand by my original statement. :)

I had a good think about the numberplate when I had the bumper done, but as the car is a daily, I didn't want the hassle of not running a plate. And blocking the intake with a plate just interferes with the radiator and intercooler too much.