The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jays VVTi Single Turbo Paddleshift build thread

j_jza80

I do appreciate Lee's offer, but like I said, it wouldn't be fair on Romain to do that when he has worked so hard to get the car to where it is. I know I would feel pretty annoyed if I had gotten so far into a job, just for it to be given to someone else to finish.

Plus, SRD is a 5 hour drive from here, and I can't be without my car now.

Romain is freelance, I assumed the same as you until he told me. :)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do appreciate Lee's offer, but like I said, it wouldn't be fair on Romain to do that when he has worked so hard to get the car to where it is. I know I would feel pretty annoyed if I had gotten so far into a job, just for it to be given to someone else to finish.

Plus, SRD is a 5 hour drive from here, and I can't be without my car now.

Romain is freelance, I assumed the same as you until he told me. :)

Jay, thinking my out loud, could you not email Ryan's revised map to Lee? He could substitute in his maps into the gearbox control maps?

As I mentioned earlier, I lost my active spoiler when I had the FMIC kit fitted. I fully intend to build an intercooler setup that is compatible with the active spoiler, but that's far down the list of priorities.

But I really wanted the active spoiler look, so I bought a lip and fitted it today :) It's held in place with 5 tough cable ties on to redundant undertray mounting points, and sits nice and securely. It also allows some vertical movement, ideal for speedbumps etc.

It doesn't sit quite like stock, but I'm happy with it until I get the proper one working :cool: image

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Cheers mate :)

Yes, this is the only proper way to get rid of the tiptronic gearbox speed limiter issue, so there are quite a few tiptronic owners in the pipeline for a Syvecs when it's all done :)

That's one hell of an expensive way to enable a tiptronic car to go safely faster than 120mph! lol

Glad to see some progress is being made with your problem, and more positive action being taken by Syvecs. I personally would get the car down to Lee at SRD, it's always good to get another set of eyes on the problem. The only thing you have consider doing that is that in the future you could get into the sticky situation of Paul maybe washing his hands of any future problems with the car, as you'll have two tuners who have worked on the car, and the scenario of the statement being pulled out of the bag "Oh that problem/issue isn't down to us, that's something has done/caused". Right now I bet Paul would be glad to wash his hands of your car to be honest, and pay for your fuel bill to get the car to SRD! lol

Ha ha :D yes, it seems like an extravagance for little gain, but there are also other advantages. Decent traction control, adjustable fuel maps (can run the car on low octane safely), engine safety strategies, single Toucan screen instead of multiple gauges, boost control, future proofing for turbo upgrade etc.

I think when you price up things like decent boost controllers, racelogic traction control, decent gauges etc, the Syvecs represents pretty decent value for money. :)

I had always planned to get it to JM Imports and SRD at some point for the odd annual checkout etc, as like you said it's a good idea to get a few sets of eyes over the car, so no doubt it will visit Lee at some point. :) plus there's a pretty decent chance that I'll be going for one of their gearbox swaps at some point.

Hey Matey,

Just wondering if you have anymore updates on the auto control, is it now running how you want it?

Hi mate,

nothing to report, still not driving well, but Romain and Paul are testing a stock tiptronic car tomorrow, so fingers crossed they can figure out where the gearbox control issue lies :)

As it was a nice day, I gave the car some attention. It quickly became clear that I'm going to have to claybar the whole car, so I did the bonnet and a couple of other particularly bad areas, and will do the others over the coming weeks. But she looked great for it :cool:

And I even got time to take a little video :eyebrows:

Will do a driveby one or two when the gearbox issues are sorted.

Compressor stall is NEVER!! ott :D

And i completely agree with you about the clay bar, did mine for the first time properly recently and it makes such a massive difference.

Thing is, once my bov is fitted, I can just turn the adjuster to get compressor stall when I want it. Best of both worlds :)

Looks lovely Jason (Y) I need to give mine a proper clean when it's back from being manual converted, especially the engine bay!

Just out of curiosity, is there ANY way to get compressor stall/pigeon noise on standard twins? I have some crap BOV atm and it makes the car sound like a generic Scooby vrooom..TISHHHHH. I'd like more of a SUTUTUTUTUTU lol.

In theory, just removing the BOV and capping the pipes off will do that. However, I'm not sure you can do that with a stock ecu (depends on how the intake air is measured). You'd also want to replace the stock airbox with a cone filter.

The stock cast intake pipework will likely quieten it down too, plus it may help to run it in ttc as it opens the diverter valve.

Looks lovely Jason (Y) I need to give mine a proper clean when it's back from being manual converted, especially the engine bay!

Just out of curiosity, is there ANY way to get compressor stall/pigeon noise on standard twins? I have some crap BOV atm and it makes the car sound like a generic Scooby vrooom..TISHHHHH. I'd like more of a SUTUTUTUTUTU lol.

Here is a video of mine, it makes the surge. stock BOV blocked off running a intercooler and a HKS filter.

Here is a video of mine, it makes the surge. stock BOV blocked off running a intercooler and a HKS filter.

Legend. I did the same and blocked mine off on my old S13 but I have never seen or heard of that being done on a 2j with twins, only on singles. Now I know I can rip my shitty one off. :)

Thats the sound Im after.......dont suppose you fancy doing a how to guide on this do you? Im pretty lame when it comes to mechanics so sorry if its a stupid question and a simple task :)

Matt just have a look at my build thread.

I bought 2 blocking end caps from ASH 19mm if I remember for those large sides and a 6mm for the smaller, took the OEM stock one off and then just used the existing clips to hold the end caps in mate its the same with the smaller pipe (You should get the same noise as you have a intercooler and a similar filter. I now have a SSQ so it doesn't do it as much.

Edited by supra_ufo (see edit history)

Matt just have a look at my build thread.

I bought some blocking end caps from ASH 19mm if I remember, took the OEM stock one off and then just used the existing clips to hold the end caps in mate. You should get the same noise as you have a intercooler and a similar filter. I now have a SSQ so it doesnt do it as much.

thanks mate I'll have a look back through :thumbs: