The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra Project

Richie_k83

Well, the car is sat on the driveway, resting on Stands with no Wheels.

Looking early December before I will see them.

On a plus note, I have been in contact with the guys at AT Power.

They will be taking a look to see if they can offer a custom Manifold. Just need to send off the Manifolds and ITB's to see what they can do

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update from my Wheel supplier.

Looks like the are on their way,

del.JPG

Very excite. May have her back on the deck wearing her new shoes this weekend :)

On another note, AT Power have scanned all of the ITB components I sent over and are working towards a design on their system.

Will hopefully see some developments over the next few weeks.

Aiming for a setup like the below, but I've no idea what they will come up with just yet,

ITB.jpg

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

Wheels landed today, mega excited to see them in the flesh (currently stuck at work)

Anywho, the wife sent me a picture.

They look great :)

IMG_0002.jpg

I'm sure there are a few purists out there going nuts over them being some cheap ass CCW replica or whatever (after previously being knocked for having Rota's)

The fact of the matter is, I dont care. Nor do I have Thousands of pound's to spend on wheels alone.....

Wheels landed today, mega excited to see them in the flesh (currently stuck at work)

Anywho, the wife sent me a picture.

They look great :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207412[/ATTACH]

I'm sure there are a few purists out there going nuts over them being some cheap ass CCW replica or whatever (after previously being knocked for having Rota's)

The fact of the matter is, I dont care. Nor do I have Thousands of pound's to spend on wheels alone.....

I have a set of JR, these look mint. The guys who buy the branded stuff obviously have more money than sense :)

• 2 weeks later...

Treated the old girl to a wash now the weather has given me a break.

Took some snaps of the new look,

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/29/21f2eb3dd9548211974b7e8417cff02d.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/29/7178b9b241b06fe9038b4b76fbaf21f9.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/29/7ab53810de89316681fe0071132148f0.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/29/be14dcf142b2e72147a25336ea5cf46e.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/29/3dd1153b0bce4ae372628d0766adbd57.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been up and down with where I am going with this.

Was looking around to sell up and move over to a Nissan 350z....

Anywho, I have been talked out of it by many people including a few Supra owning friends.

I have listend and debated to myself on the matter, looks like she is staying... :)

I havent been up to much lately with it and have started to gather parts to press on withe the ITB build.

Took delivery of a Turbo Throttle Cable today from Paul Whiffin so I can hook them up to the pedal (when ready)

I have also sourced a piece of Alloy to fabricate my own Flange.

I gave up with the idea of using AT Power, mainly down to budget reasons. I am sure they would do a fantastic job at making what i need, but there would be a price to pay that I could do with spending elsewhere (like on a full W58 conversion (waiting for Keron to step in when he gets something) :)

I have been doing my reaserch and found a more in depth build of Brendan Tafts ITB Supra in the US (LRGSOUP)

He did the same as me, custom Flange Tig welded to the OEM Runners.

I found the below pic which gives me an idea of where it will all best line up with the 4AGE layout;

itb.JPG

So, I have the metal and some cutting and drilling to do, but will be taking my time and getting it right first time. Measure twice and cut once...!

I am tempted to knock up another Flange, if it works, then it is here if anyone else wants to do the same kind of build.

Anywho, I have knocked up a super sketchy template, mainly for an overall size and layout guide of the Flange, the actual Drilling and Porting side of it will be a little more precise...

itb1.jpg

So thats where i'm at.

Will make a start this weekend so will update as i go.

Parts list seems pretty simple looking on Brendans build. Just leaves me to source a Vacuum Log and some velocity stacks to hook up to the car ready.

Manual conversion is a must.

I have also read the TPS sensor uses the same plug, which I ned to look into and check the pinout etc.

Other than that little lot, ECU needs to go on and an AFR meter to help with the mapping side (compensating for IAT and IAC sensors being removed I think)

As allways, any input is most welcome :)

Great stuff mate, looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Brendan has threads on both the Australian and American forums and there is also another guy on the Australian one who has done the ITB conversion.

I was going to do this myself as there was a decent bit of kit in the for sale area recently, I had other parts to prioritise at the time though.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had a spare couple of hours to myself in the Workshop (shed) ;)

I had read that the 2JZ and 4AGE Throttle Position Sensors use the same plugs and pinout, so i confirmed the plug by trying it for size,

Perfect fit..! And quick google search confirmed the pinouts are identical.

So after that little bit of motivation, i began shaping and drilling the first section of the Flange.

1x down..!

First test fit was a success, although i still need to bore out the centre...

Taking a moment to let the drill recharge, then i should have the second one fitted up.