The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra Project

Richie_k83

Well, i have managed to get another one fitted and checked the new cable for fitment. All seems ok.

Managed another but never got a snap. So just leaves me with 1x more left, then i can start boring the holes out.

Also ordered up some Stainless ARP Nuts and 12point bolts should land in a few weeks along with the new throttle gaskets.

Also need to invest in a decent Dremel and a boatload of grinding stones....

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the last of these bolted up to the Flange yesterday evening. Really starting to enjoy this little build,

Next up is to mark out the ports using the old gaskets and then check the position of the flange on the manifold ready for cutting.

After that, i need to cut the ports on the flange and find someone to Tig weld it to the manifold.

Also added a Vacuum distribution Log to the shopping list to help balance the vacuum between each inlet. Currently there is only 2 ports, one at the first and last throttle body.

I will have to blank these ports off an add my own into the manifold.

:cool: keep it up rich. Great work as always. Going to be awesome.

Thanks bud, cant wait to hear how it'll sound :)

Looks great! Really enjoying following this one.

I'd weld the manifold before you cut the holes out as if it's thin it will warp or just melt when welded.

I did something similar and ended up doing it twice haha

Thats a great point, thanks for the heads up! :)

Off work this week so hoping to get the manifold mocked up and ready to weld up.

Todays task was cutting the OEM runners down,

That done, i offered up the flange.

The branches all need to be flattened down a little so they're all the same height and so the flange can sit on it squarely.

Also noticed that the end branches are off line a little to where i need them, so another job will be to try and get them positioned correctly before i grind the branches flat....

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

Not much of an update really, but i have been waiting all week on my Custom gel boot badge. image

I had a spare one made too thanks to Dave at DMB Graphics.

The text is a metallic grey, similar to the old Supra Badge. It is Japanese and says "Blackbird"

Just a personal touch as she has found herself adopting the name :)

Will be fitted tomorrow right before i get a price on the Tig Welding...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, not so much of an update, but my Stainless ARP Bolts arrived today to secure the Throttle Bodies to the manifold :)

I will test fit one later to see how they fair up...

In other news, I have put a deposit down on a low mileage W58 Gearbox and Prop (From Supraleeturbo) which I should see in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, the car is coming off the road and will be stripped of all Auto box parts (Some of which are for sale here)

I wont be getting the pedal boxes, seing as they are hard to come by nowadays, but i will be looking to modify the brake pedal, and fit a single pedal box from OBP to cover the Clutch operation,

Capture.JPG

The induction system will be coming off too to make way for test fitting the ITB setup when ready.

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

The Sun is out, so in between cooking dinner and watching the BTCC i am turning some spanners and pulling the old girl apart to make way for the new gearbox.

Looks like she will be living on stands for the next few months till i have everything fitted up.

So far, i have the prop, gear selector and dip stick off, should have the box ready to drop out a little later,