The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra Project

Richie_k83

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awesome, love following your progress mate. The valve covers are perfect!

I'm a big fan of NA-T hence building one myself but am equally a big fan of this, it's different, it will sound heavenly and with a bit of headwork and cams etc it'll make a nice, useable amount of power. Just need to lose some weight now too, carbon boot, doors etc ;) haha.

Glad you're sticking with it and glad the gearbox got sorted in the end

Great news mate! :thumbs: Don't throw in the towel!

Came close, but back on track now..!

Mate so glad you carried this on mate

Will be worth it in the end I hope!

This is awesome, love following your progress mate. The valve covers are perfect!

I'm a big fan of NA-T hence building one myself but am equally a big fan of this, it's different, it will sound heavenly and with a bit of headwork and cams etc it'll make a nice, useable amount of power. Just need to lose some weight now too, carbon boot, doors etc ;) haha.

Glad you're sticking with it and glad the gearbox got sorted in the end

Cheers buddy, I like the different route, don't get me wrong, would love a big old Turbo, but the noise this should make will be mega!

She's been on a diet already, i've stripped out everything lol. Fibreglass panels and perspex glass may find its way on there at some point i'm sure lol

Small step forward today.

Comp clutch lightweight flywheel & stage 2 clutch is all fitted, along with the pilot bearing. All fitted under the cover of darkness....

Also modified and trimmed back the Autobox loom to fit the manual and fitted my new Mishimoto Ryan Tuerk shift knob :)

Box is going on tomorrow, need to press on as i have Mot booked for Monday....

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I'm back behind the wheel and its been long overdue...!

So came the dreaded MOT today,

supra.jpg

She passed, all ok with no advisories :)

Few little bits to sort out, like the steering wheel being off centre and the idle speed is over 1200rpm (hoping it will calm down after a few miles have been put down)

Other than that, the car feels completely different to drive. She seems to pick up and accelerate alot better than before, or maybe its because i'm used to pottering about in a 1.6l BMW....

Either way, chuffed to bits :)

Had a change of heart with the stripped out interior, although I want a track/drift toy, I miss having a comfy car to use, so will be looking at getting a load of interior parts to put her back to standard inside...

Door Cards, rear seats, rear belts, boot carpet and boot blind are all I need, so on the hunt soon.

Will also go for a smaller 4x point rear cage too, rather than the 10 point I wanted earlier (Seeing as I have drilled the holes for my last one....)

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

Fantastic result, well done!

I like this one a lot!

Well done!

Thanks guys,

nice result mate! glad to see her coming back togther.

I have some door cards in the loft with damage if you need somthing cheap to tie you over

Thanks dude, can you ping me an image over and a price if its not too much hassle?

Thanks dude, can you ping me an image over and a price if its not too much hassle?

/QUOTE]

Will dig them out tomrrow eve for you. pm me your number and i can whats app some pictures over. have loads of interior bits kicking around so any bits you need let me know, my be able to help

• 4 weeks later...

Was at Curborough Sprint course yesterday for half a day.

Put the old girl through her paces and the first drive out in anger since finishing the manual conversion.

Was a slippery start which saw me spin out on my first run, almost taking a sign with me....

imageimage

... But, managed to stay on track afterwards. Starting to find where there is and isnt grip along with playing about with the dampening settings to promote a bit of oversteer. :)

Which saw plenty of this,

https://vimeo.com/189630055

Not bad for an open diff...!

Car did great and got back under her own steam :)