The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra Project

Richie_k83

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I met up with my friend and Matt from Car Throttle

He is having some pictures taken of his Nova Saloon for a Retro Rides Magazine feature.

Grabbed a few snaps of mine, just waiting on them to be edited and he will fire them over for me.

Sent me a teaser...

Rest are on the way

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

Super looking car Richie.

The front end deserves a polyurethane RMM lip to finish it off.

Thanks dude, not sure if I like the front Lip or not.

If I was to get one, I'd have to get Skirts and if I get those, then I have to get a rear Diffuser lol

I agree^

great pics and the car looks good too, after seeing your exhaust I really need to polish mine!

Thanks again,

Funnily enough, I've never polished it.

It gets little more than a wash with Car Shampoo, seems to do the trick so far, Metal Polish is on standby lol

Get a stock active spoiler lip instead, they look great without needing skirts :)

That looks good tbh, maybe something to get later down the line.

Not focusing on the body too much at the moment, gathering cash and parts for a manual conversion next year and then I will be pressing on with a Head build.

Exciting day!

Just received my final set of ITB's thanks to fellow forum member Justin Beiber

Began stripping them down for the main inlets.

Swapped a linkage round so they can all be linked together and wound up with this,

Just need to look at how they are all going to mate up to the Manifold.

Possibly going to need a custom flange making and then welding to the original intake runner...

Awesome project. Are you not concerned on actually loosing power with the itb's though? Two I know of in the USA actually lost power.

Its the only thing that put me off as I was looking into it last year. They do however sound incredible and look awesome

Thanks bud.

Not really worried. Its different, I have a plan for other supporting mods to go with them so wont be just these to bolt up.

For NA, the power is in the head (So i'm told). My aim is to have a well spec'd head to help.

Not sure how much power thats going to give, but big power isn't really my goal.

Not focusing on the body too much at the moment, scraping the cash together for a manual conversion next year

A trader on one of the Irish forums has this R154, taken from a Soarer, up for sale at the moment for €1400 which equates to about a grand sterling.

From the advert:

"Have this leftover from a Soarer i broke.

R154 Gearbox

JZ Bellhousing

Gearbox mount

Slave cylinder

Clutch fork

Shifter

€1400 no offers "

I'm in no way affiliated to the trader in question, thought I bought my own clutch & flywheel kit from them, but then realised that was a different trader on the same site.

Not a complete conversion either, but being the later model R154 with the correct bellhousing, shifter extension & speedo connector would have me enquiring, if I didn't already have one!

Thanks bud.

Not really worried. Its different, i have a plan for other supporting mods to go with them so wont be just these to go on.

For NA, the power is in the head. Aiming to get the head ported and polished, bigger valves, valve springs, new headers, full de-cat and a cam re grind or replacement with verniers pulleys.

Not sure how much that will give but big power isn't my goal.

Well I will be keeping a very close eye on this and if you get some better results than others, I may well be in touch for some tips as I was always keen on the ITB idea.

There is a company called Bogg Brother ( i Believe ) and they make custom inlets for ITBs and Bike Carbs.

Maybe give them a call

Thanks Matt, yea I have heard of them, we had some development work done by them when we fitted some GSXR ITB's to our Suzuki Ignis Race Car.

May see if they can sort the Manifold out...

A trader on one of the Irish forums has this R154, taken from a Soarer, up for sale at the moment for €1400 which equates to about a grand sterling.

Not a complete conversion either, but being the later model R154 with the correct bellhousing, shifter extension & speedo connector would have me enquiring, if I didn't already have one!

Only problem is shipping, I wouldnt want to buy it blind,

I need to raise the funds at the moment too, i have no budget this side of the new year...

Well I will be keeping a very close eye on this and if you get some better results than others, I may well be in touch for some tips as I was always keen on the ITB idea.

No worries,

Having a look around, seeing who has done what and how they got on. I have a fair chunk of reaserch to do i'm sure.

At the moment, shopping list is growing,

• Custom AE111 4age ITB manifold

• 5 Speed manual conversion

• Xerd Manifold

• AEM Infinity or similar

• Twin De-Cat

• Velocity stacks

• Camshaft regrind

• Brian Crower Adjustable Cam Gears

• Gates Kevlar Timing Belt

• Brian Crower +1mm Valves

• Brian Crower Valve Spring Kit with Titanium Retainers

• Port Regrind/Polish

• Heat Barrier Inlet Manifold Gasket

• Thicker Head Gasket to Lower Compession

• Alloy Rad

• Low Temp Thermostat

• 1 month later...

Ok, so things have taken a turn and I have had a big helping hand from the Boss at work.

We had a Greddy eManage Ultimate Piggyback ECU and Universal loom kicking about, not been used much.

Anywho, it has been very kindly donated to help progress with the build, freeing up cash to spend elsewhere too.

eManage.jpg

Should do the Job i'm sure.

Any feedback on it would be greatly appreciated, I am new to this stuff but have been told it is more than capable...

Have been meaning to show the under side some attention for a while now. Especially now Winter is upon us.

Need to clean up the floor and the Tank Guard. Plus I have to seal around the Roll Cage mounting plates and give it all a fresh lick of stone chip.

Tank Guard looked awful,

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/05/d3a65feb2fbca5f6f8dca3d02ba6e227.jpg

Not anymore,

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/05/4b18d2121a84e7f314503cbef7798cf2.jpg