First Supra Project

Richie_k83

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still mega slow progress on this, money is tight for the moment and whilst the car is off the road, I had a big f'it moment and made a start at ripping all of the nasty induction piping off, ready for mock up/install of the ITB's.

Plus i will be giving the under bonnet a big tidy up and lick of paint.

Keeping things looking retro looking with the ITB's, i am going to give the cam covers some attention and paint them up like the old 7M-GTE covers,

valve covers.jpg

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

Will be making an effort on this to try and keep the Engine temps down, so as i have a spare roll of reflective heat Tape kicking about, i thought i would line the Exhaust side Valve cover just enough to keep some of the Manifolds heat at bay.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I will be covering the branches of the ITB Manifold in the same stuff and running a Thermal barrier Gasket between it and the head too and then once I get my decats, I will be wrapping them and the Manifold in some heat wrap too.

Just ordered some Magnecor 8.5mm leads too, so should see them in a week or so.

Also thinking of removing the Viscous Fan and wiring a big slimline fan in there but using the OEM cowling too. Has anyone done this before? did it work ok?

No major updates at the moment, but some parts arrived today so never a bad thing,

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160823/368755fe84626181e311b22cd1dbfda5.jpg

Lightweight Flywheel, ARP Flywheel Bolts, TRS adjustable tow strap and some Exhaust heat wrap and ties for the manifold...

Only missing a Clutch, Exhaust, Clutch Hose and Gearbox now so big progress update coming soon.....

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice, build! have an N/A-T myself

Thanks bud, I had debated going the NA-T route, but the noise of Screaming ITB's on a 6x Cylinder NA motor would be just nuts...!

Plus, IF I wanted to get brave, I could make a plenum to fit to the ITB's and accomodate a Turbo down the line too lol

Speaking of noise, I decided to snap up a Racing Muffler from our stock;

Removable Silencer Baffle is in place too, may come out and stay out if its not too loud, not sure if I like the burnt style tip though....

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

Well its been a hard few days after loosing the purchase on the Gearbox. Came close to giving up, but once again, i'm back on track.

Gearbox and related parts will be collected this weekend thanks to a tip off from Keron :)

Plus, the heat proof vinyl i had made for the Valve Covers landed today.

Looking like a 7M-GTE now..! lol

Few more bits to get sorted and hopefully will be back on the road next week at some point :)

Well its been a hard few days after loosing the purchase on the Gearbox. Came close to giving up, but once again, i'm back on track.

Gearbox and related parts will be collected this weekend thanks to a tip off from Keron :)

Plus, the heat proof vinyl i had made for the Valve Covers landed today.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160915/e00c7821874079f66e3b74b506641e6b.jpg

Looking like a 7M-GTE now..! lol

Few more bits to get sorted and hopefully will be back on the road next week at some point :)

/QUOTE]

That's looking awesome!