First Supra Project

Richie_k83

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the dash is out....

Right mish mash of wiring to tidy up..!

Also thinking about what to do with the dash... Wrap, flock or change it altogether....

Also made a start at prepping the transmission tunnel for the new manual top plate.

Handbrake reinforcement panel off, will be chopping the rest out soon,

On a downside, the Clutch Cylinder doesn't fit, bulkhead isn't flat and pedal is about 5" too short....

Now gotta track down a clutch assembly....

Car is still in pieces, but got the heat shrink out and had a big wire tidy.

Faulty alarm system has had to come out too, so fingers crossed she will still start when back together!

Looks a hell of a lot better under there now,

IMG2.jpg

Meanwhile, i have ordered up the correct Clutch Pedal and master cylinder which should be ready to chuck on in the next week or two.

With regards to the dash, it looks like i will be going down the Flocking route...

Will be a few months before I have the funds to get it done but will come soon. Plus i think it will look great against my current choice of dash panel coverage.

Most wont approve, but i think it looks pretty cool :D

Spent last night wrapping the panels and ended up with this

IMG1.jpg

Let the hate flow....! lol

dear god

Speechless.

/QUOTE]

:thumbs: love the dash panel :eyebrows:

I don't think the Photo does it justice lol, will look completely different against the dash once flocked :)

Nice progress! Curious how this project turns out, especially the noise of a 2JZ with ITB's ^^

The noise will be mental...! There is a few video's on youtube that have gone this route. Will be going for a new exhaust and decats too so will give a nice roar under load lol

Clutch master cylinder arrived today, managed to source a cheap Toyota one from the guys at Import Car Parts.

Got home and promptly got it fitted up, pedal box is due to land in a few weeks too :)

Another small step in the right direction..

Got round to chopping out the transmission tunnel ready for the manual section, no going back now...!

I also picked up another Dashboard from Shaun last night, price of flocking is way more than i can justify and i could pick up a new LSD for the money...

Looks miles better already,

More to do this weekend if the weather behaves.

• 2 weeks later...
Had my manual transmission tunnel delivered today from Keron,

Promptly got it fitted, but cant do much else until the sealant goes dries but i can start rebuilding the interior tomorrow :)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160518/95a994e7df2804f30e825419b6db5593.jpg

Slow progress is killing me...!

/QUOTE]

Its hilarious craic to do the trans tunnel isnt it? Id never do one again lol

Bloody hell that's pretty wild mate.

Not sure if I absolutely hate it or absolutely love it.

You bloody love it and you know you do..! :D

That looks awesome

Thanks buddy :)

Good progress mate :) just caught up from when you put the dash back in lol

Thanks dude and thanks again for sorting the dash out :)

Clutch Pedal landed the other day, missing the main return spring though, so had to speak to mr Toyota who is billing me £20 for the pleasure :(

Also starting to mock up the manifold, still need to flatten of the branches ready for welding, that will be a task for the weekend.

Took some snaps of it all loosely secured together, should motivate me a little bit,

Clutch pedal is bolted in, marked up the auto brake pedal too as i will be re-using it,

Trimmed it down with the grinder and fitted the new pedal rubber, seems spot on now,

Next job is to modify the wiring loom that goes to the gearbox ready for when it arrives.