The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Prices rising in Japan vastly over last 12 months..

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's several in the US for $100k now, and one for sale in Japan for £46k. From what I gather, a forum member was offered circa £30k for a tt6 recently. I have also noticed a few more foreign buyers putting wanted ads up for Supras in the Uk recently, which in't surprising given the exchange rate. Until interest rates start climbing and/or property becomes more affordable, I can't see an end in sight for the surge in the classic car market. I think we're bound to see the prices surge some more over the next few years, unfortunately.

Jesus crazy crazy prices !

Never know, we all might get our money back what we have spent on it one day lol

Stock (without air box) 1997 VVTI Supra just come up in Japan for £10,000. Looks like it hasn't be loved but someone could land it in the UK for around £14k. Its a bargain price in comparison to all the other TT6's currently advertised in Japan that I've seen.

https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/toyota/supra/19783420/

The air filter is worrying though. They were known for disintegrating and the engine sucking the foam up. There's either no filter in the housing or worse it's somewhere in the engine.

Not disputing it's a good price though!

Stock (without air box) 1997 VVTI Supra just come up in Japan for £10,000. Looks like it hasn't be loved but someone could land it in the UK for around £14k. Its a bargain price in comparison to all the other TT6's currently advertised in Japan that I've seen.

Chassis plate saying its a Automatic so maybe a 6 speed conversion

The air filter is worrying though. They were known for disintegrating and the engine sucking the foam up. There's either no filter in the housing or worse it's somewhere in the engine.

Not disputing it's a good price though!

/QUOTE]

I don't know, it looks like there is a massive dent in the N/S/R Qtr plus tape holding the o/s side skirt and the front bumper not fixed on right

It looks pretty rusty underneath too. Wouldn't be worth the risk IMO.

I dont think it looks too bad underneath, you're gonna get some surface rust but there's not a great deal I saw on those pics. (of the blue one) My main thought was how dusty it was, including the engine bay.

Is that the blue car you were looking at mentioned in another thread?

Under trays also missing plus I agree the rear quarter looks to have a nice dent.

The worry is what else are the pictures not showing as its easy too see the obvious (cars mostly look good in pictures!)

If you buy through an importer can you refuse the car on collection as not described or do they sort any issues for you included in the price?

I would expect its quite dusty as if you look at most cars abroad they are very dusty, personally I would prefer an untouched car rather than a valeted one when buying as you see an honest vehicle not a tarted up one.

I dont think it looks too bad underneath, you're gonna get some surface rust but there's not a great deal I saw on those pics. (of the blue one) My main thought was how dusty it was, including the engine bay.

I've had 3 Japanese import Supras, 2 of which were fresh imports. You could have eaten your dinner off the underside when they arrived, the suspension arms looked brand new. I can only guess that this has lived in a coastal region, and the visible rust could well be an indicator of much worse elsewhere.

I've had 3 Japanese import Supras, 2 of which were fresh imports. You could have eaten your dinner off the underside when they arrived, the suspension arms looked brand new. I can only guess that this has lived in a coastal region, and the visible rust could well be an indicator of much worse elsewhere.

I agree !

Mine was spotless underneath when I got it and still is

Old pic of mine where you can get an idea what the condition was when you started taking things off

I have delved a bit into how 'good' the people working this site are and it appears they are very bad. So, best avoided. It seems operated out of Africa and you need to send your money to them and they then undertake the Japanese purchase (sometimes). Reviews say sometimes nothing ever appears and they don't ever see their money again and other reviews say sometimes a completely different car turns up. Only great reviews are from those with very poor English.

Seems it is either a very poor come scammers site so one to avoid!

• 2 months later...

The Supra has increased as much in value as the R34, in percentage terms :) I remember maybe 3 or 4 years ago there was a vvti tt6 that sold for circa £9500, that would be a £20k car now.

The combination of economic factors that has driven these rises continues, and so prices will continue to increase.

The Supra has increased as much in value as the R34, in percentage terms :) I remember maybe 3 or 4 years ago there was a vvti tt6 that sold for circa £9500, that would be a £20k car now.

The combination of economic factors that has driven these rises continues, and so prices will continue to increase.

To me it seems the Japanese are dictating prices right now. Everyone here is pricing there's slightly lower than a fresh import so it'll keep going up in line with the R34 GTR now I think.

• 6 months later...