The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Prices rising in Japan vastly over last 12 months..

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The value depends on what you mean by "not perfect by any means", but as a guide Andrewow's GZ TT Aero went for around £9k a few months ago. From what I gather that one was very good in most respects, except for a slight weep from the power steering rack. It was black too.

mechanically the car is bang on, just had brand new rear brakes as in photo. p-zeros all round, service folder is 3 inches thick, new rad, cam belt,idler, tensioner replacement, stock replacment innercooler to go on, new vac lines, vsv, hks blowoff, various new hoses, full leather retrim, tte wheels, veilside exhaust fitted from japan with decat, to much to list really. body is very good, like brand new underneath , literally lol, no rust what so ever. only things i can honestly say need doing are the targa panel needs a repaint, clear coat is shot, and there is slight wear on the rear lip of the bumper, i use color polish to keep it in check, hardly nothing. 9k is not bad, id want more! my garage photos on here shows the car.

uk glass headlights, rear facelift lights, clifford g5 i think, pure sports mats, new bilstien shocks all round, blue lights dash( i want to put it back to stock tho)

full bpu, walbro pump, iridium plugs, fcd, hks boost gauge , veilside evo exhaust/full decat pipe, cat currently installed. greddy turbo timer, delimtied

HERE

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=4316

Edited by supraGZaerotop (see edit history)

• 8 months later...
What's a TT6 going for these days Jurgen ? .. is it just stock Supra's going up or does this include kitted cars

I have no clue what mine would be worth these days

In your garage pics the car looks immaculate, you obviously need to find someone who is into the look you have created (not difficult imo!) but they would struggle to find a cleaner one and one where you can speak to the owner about the mods history etc. It has to be up there (advertised price at least) with the standard ones coming in now at £16-18K? Mint prefacelift (stronger diff/drive shafts)

In your garage pics the car looks immaculate, you obviously need to find someone who is into the look you have created (not difficult imo!) but they would struggle to find a cleaner one and one where you can speak to the owner about the mods history etc. It has to be up there (advertised price at least) with the standard ones coming in now at £16-18K? Mint prefacelift (stronger diff/drive shafts)

Cheers Scooter, just for an idea of price..As far as I know i have no plans to sell it as I want to go single.. I am lucky mine is really clean .. When the bumpers came off for the bodywork it was like new under there

• 8 months later...

IIRC, 2002-2004 was around the peak of the prices before they started coming down. I bought my 5sp NA Supra in 2003 for £7500 and it was advertised for 9k. I remember MR2 Turbo's being around the same price. That being said, a 6sp single was still around 15k -19k.

A friend of mine sold his RX7 in 2010 for 5k on eBay. He has spent 20k on it (including buying it) over the years and it still had track use warranty from Hayward. He was devastated to say the least.

I think they have, I think a clean very well looked after TT6 can go for 18-20k now

There's several in the US for $100k now, and one for sale in Japan for £46k. From what I gather, a forum member was offered circa £30k for a tt6 recently. I have also noticed a few more foreign buyers putting wanted ads up for Supras in the Uk recently, which in't surprising given the exchange rate. Until interest rates start climbing and/or property becomes more affordable, I can't see an end in sight for the surge in the classic car market. I think we're bound to see the prices surge some more over the next few years, unfortunately.