The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Homers '98 RSP TT project

Homer

That's cool, no probs Darryl:cool: . All is well mate, same ol'same;). Glad to see your progression so far on your new project mate, keep it up:).

in Attachment 17745 shown in my above post (doesn't show picture like the others unless selected?) shows the Description of operation for the Fuel Pump and Fuel Pump ECU including what Voltages it Runs on High speed (12v) and Low Speed (9v).

That's cool, no probs Darryl:cool: . All is well mate, same ol'same;). Glad to see your progression so far on your new project mate, keep it up:).

in Attachment 17745 shown in my above post (doesn't show picture like the others unless selected?) shows the Description of operation for the Fuel Pump and Fuel Pump ECU including what Voltages it Runs on High speed (12v) and Low Speed (9v).

I saw it, saved it and printed it too :)

The helpful part is the 1st picture that appears. What's very weird with this car is that one of the wires for the fuel pump is missing making the +B and FP bridge impossible. It's not there on the VVTi shell loom at all (though this is theory shouldn't stop the circuit from working, it's only the diag port that doesn't see it). Steve needs to look at this and will do in due course.

Hardly any progress this week, been far to busy with work. Got a good amount of parts arriving at the moment, so just need to get my gearbox back of Dr Jekyll (It was due to be picked up at the weekend by Listy but seems he's using it as a mock up at the moment. Not such a big deal but it's a set back.

A few of the bits here, new OEM trans tunnel plate, as-new facelift lights, lots of OEM parts for the engine bay, alternator wires, body fixing bolts, screws and caps, washer bottle (which was completely absent on the car), some odds & ends and my massive evil kitten that wanted feeding:

attachment.php?attachmentid=177499&stc=1&d=1385161250

Couldn't find these mounts anywhere, so had to buy new. Cost about £60 for these but I like new stuff :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=177500&stc=1&d=1385161250

The original ones that came with the car for comparison (posted earlier in the thread)

attachment.php?attachmentid=176523&stc=1&d=1383162247

Thanks to Keron for supplying the odds and ends no matter how small, can't fault his service :) Also thanks to Marc P again for the coil packs and Noz for the perfect lights :thumbs:

Hope to do a bit more over the weekend but that will be it for a week or two due to work commitments.

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the next 2 weeks are going to be in Amsterdam as well :( No real progress on the car as I simply don't have time other than an hour here or there. I did get one little job done today, partially repairing the damage to the boot and getting it to close correctly.

I was very surprised how thin the metal lip on the boot is, I was able to move it all back to where it should be with a nylon hammer, a chisel and a pair of pliers. Was quite pleased with the effort and it just needs a little bit of paint to proctect it where it was scratched (It's on the inside of the seal so no big deal). Also fitted the facelift rear lights, such an improvement and they work much better with the paint colour.

attachment.php?attachmentid=178154&stc=1&d=1386446790

attachment.php?attachmentid=178155&stc=1&d=1386446790

Also started again on the trans tunnel but ran out of time. Pretty certain the dash is going to have to come out as well now due to the welding, I could get any cutter into the recess under the dash and because the weld is so think anything short of a grinder isn't going to work. Such a ball ache as this problem didn't need to exist if the job had been done right the first time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=178156&stc=1&d=1386446790

That's it for now, I don't expect to be able to do any more work on it for a month :( Really frustrated as I just want to get the car done and on the road, the rest of it is actually quite simple....

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

Cut it out from underneath Daryl. :)

Yeah I know mate, it would be far easier if I could get to it underneath. I wish I was able to get the car up on 4 axle stands, but unfortunately the car doesn't fit in the garage (which is full of the interior of the car). The driveway is on a slope as well and the auto gearbox is still in there. I still haven't figure out how I'm going to get it up in the air to replace the box, diff, driveshafts and prop yet. It's a bit of a catch 22, I could get the car in the garage if I had somewhere to put the interior, but I need the trans tunnel swapped before I can fit that into the car :D I'll get there in the end somehow.

If you can get it to me..You can have the use of a ramp for the weekend. We can stitch it back together to an at least, "moving under it's own power" state, if you have all the bits?

Not sure when though, as my Dad currently has the ramp full of rotten Maserati Bi-Turbo for the next couple of weeks. :D

If it's a month as you said, that's perfecto.

Thanks mate, that may well be a good option :) I'm waiting on a few parts currently but once they arrive I should have everything needed to get it driveable. The engine is running now so just need to fit all the items like pedals, lines, etc before it's ready for the box swap (and of course cutting out that tunnel, but that's a really simple job if it was on a ramp). If I get completely stuck I'll let you know in the new year. Thanks again :thumbs:

Looks like the next 2 weeks are going to be in Amsterdam as well :( No real progress on the car as I simply don't have time other than an hour here or there. I did get one little job done today, partially repairing the damage to the boot and getting it to close correctly.

I was very surprised how thin the metal lip on the boot is, I was able to move it all back to where it should be with a nylon hammer, a chisel and a pair of pliers. Was quite pleased with the effort and it just needs a little bit of paint to proctect it where it was scratched (It's on the inside of the seal so no big deal). Also fitted the facelift rear lights, such an improvement and they work much better with the paint colour.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=178154&stc=1&d=1386446790

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=178155&stc=1&d=1386446790

Also started again on the trans tunnel but ran out of time. Pretty certain the dash is going to have to come out as well now due to the welding, I could get any cutter into the recess under the dash and because the weld is so think anything short of a grinder isn't going to work. Such a ball ache as this problem didn't need to exist if the job had been done right the first time.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=178156&stc=1&d=1386446790

That's it for now, I don't expect to be able to do any more work on it for a month :( Really frustrated as I just want to get the car done and on the road, the rest of it is actually quite simple....

God that looks good! Look forward to more updates when you're back :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

unfortunately no updates yet, I haven't even touched the car since the last post, work and a refurb of my letting property has taken up all my time since then. Hope to get back on it in a couple of weeks :)

I did manage to sort out one part - at last I have a brand new (non OEM) TT alternator thanks to Lee P :thumbs: Very good price on it too considering what some places were asking for! Also just to add (as it might be useful to others), the alternator backing is the same as an NA one, but the plug on the backing plate has been changed so it points out the rear instead of upright. This should stop the plug fouling the turbo water pipe (I am certain Lee has used them on SRD built cars so any fitment issue would be known by now). The pulley is also a TT sized one which is slightly larger than the NA pulley.

attachment.php?attachmentid=180187&stc=1&d=1391285986

IMG_2461.jpg

Nice to see someone in HP is busy :D

Everyone I know there is over worked, I haven't done less than an 80 hour week in months. I guess you are dealing with another business unit! If you have a specific complaint feel free to send me a PM and I can take it to the right people :)

They are busy taking all our money!! We just purchased another 2 3PAR units from them :D

3PAR are awesome bits of kit, not cheap, but they do work well. In a round-abouts ways you are contributing towards this project :p Keep buying HP ;)