The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rob_SRi Black Supra restoration/build

rob_sri

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Haven't posted in this thread for ages! I've been moving house and job..all sorts going on and I guess this has taken a back seat..!

Supras been to the fast show and out and abouts with friends just been enjoying it really!

Bought a daily driver as my new job didnt give me a company car.. It's another clio sport! Missed my old one loads and it's great to have one as a run about

It only cost me £500!! Needed a lot of smartening up though.. It's had belts changed and Dephaser pulley, PMS Solid top mounts, cup turini wheels, cup spoiler, new bulbs and badges all round and a REALLY good machine polish.. It took me a week to detail it fully! But it came up beautifully! these are the BEFORE pictures when I first got it home.. needed a good vac and window tints removing!!

The paint was properly shagged!

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10891880_10152762934849864_360332893969420437_n.jpg?oh=169da9b1c18cdf071acb5c7b5d33d0eb&oe=55991FB6

After and plus wheels etc

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10891993_10152762934924864_4918840873076919145_n.jpg?oh=1fca706b79af0c1eb1acc116870508b8&oe=55D5664C

the two together :D

Supra is away at ProTuner at the moment getting a new map as the last map was awful! and really rich!.. the map is now a million times better its rolled a good figure already.. few little niggles being fixed but its currently 430BHP and 500FT-LB !!!

It should be back soon all being well!!

Edited by rob_sri (see edit history)

Blah, blah, blah got a Supra with a turbo

Nobody cares

Blah, blah, blah bought a Clio

So what

Blah Blah, blah...new bulbs...

Wait, new bulbs? Tell me more?! Was this the epic numberplate light unit by any chance?? ;) Makes THE biggest difference :)

On a serious note Supra looked incredible at TFS and the Clio is already a credit to you, there's not big budget but a load of time and effort. Best kind of project!

• 3 weeks later...

You are correct Matt! :) p.s I AM going to steal your wheels at some point in the night..

Had some issues with the car recently.. Some of you may have seen my post in the technical part asking for any suggestion to as why it was missing it's tits off around 4krpm.. Even Greg couldn't work it out to start with..

And well the issue was that the emanage was wired in wrong and tuned wrong by someone on here..

Air temp and water temp weren't connected at all although there were values in the compensation tables for them and there was something very weird set up for knock control.. And the lambda sensor was wired in wrong.. And it needed 12v relay for the fuel pump..

All in all you get what you pay for I guess.. Greg at protuner took his time but did a very good job with it in the end diagnosing and correcting things! Will still upgrade the emanage to a decent standalone after I've swapped the gearbox

Which leads me to the next BIG problem.. My w58 has well and truely shat itself [emoji21]

https://vimeo.com/128775003

Was always going to happen tbh but I think probably the dyno load from the tuning killed it amongst other things..

So.. Going to be off the road for a bit now but gives me a chance to sort some of the little niggles whilst I save some cash for a upgrade..

What I don't know yet.. Leaning towards R154 at the moment

Good read :), shame about the box :( have you looked at the BMW boxes over the R154? a couple memebers have done it but im unsure on how much it will cost. but has to be cheaper than a V160. The prices on the R154s are on the up too :/

Love the look of your supra and the paint on the Clio Looks great now :)

Bmw boxes would be ace as they are SO much cheaper it's just getting them to fit well and still being street friendly!

Probably mate..! I know of several costly mistakes with engines going pop recently I am lucky I got away with it!

yeah its picking that box! so many options! R154 or maybe something different Tremec T56 Magnum maybe.. Need to have a go in a car with an R154 as ive heard they can be a bit industrial!

yeah your engine is going well mate :D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow.. I haven't updated this thread in a very very long time.. something I've been meaning to do for a while!

The car has had some work since my last post and been on an epic european adventure with a couple of other supras and an S15 which can be seen here..

so il do my best to recap;

its had some brand new facelift lights, and a few little bits tarted up and some LS400 brakes which will be going on in the next few days but I fully intend to attack it over the winter and pull bits off, clean them up, repaint, refit to keep everything tip top underneath.. I have already started with the fuel tank cover/towing hook/anti roll bar brackets.. and next time i get the car up I will be removing other parts for powdercoating as it will be off the road for the next few months over winter.

aside from the obvious making it look a bit more presentable underneath the main reason is to keep everything well protected and rust free as it currently looks all pretty decent and I want to keep it that way!

anyway... here's the update in (kind of) chronological order:

New headlights .. these make such a difference to the front of the car. Really update the front end as hopefully you can see in the following pictures!

Not cheap but definitely worthwhile

Couple of months ago I went with a few friends on a road trip around Europe which went through France, Monaco, Italy (lake como), Switzerland (alps and mountain passes), Germany (Porsche factory and Nurburgring) and Belgium which was absolutely awesome and the supra performed flawlessly even with a semi spirited lap of the ring

Road trip prep.. checking, double checking and triple checking everything, serviced the brakes and lubricated slider pins and bled them, fresh oil change and some new rear tyres

Light machine polish with meguiars 205 polish which left an extremely good finish taking out fine swirls left from previous washes.. extremely happy with how it came out even if it does still need a bit of paint in some areas

On the road.. we set off for Folkestone..

And out the other side

After Route de napoleon we stopped off to sort a brake binding issue with one of the cars at the side of the road and got some photos which was actually a really good stop, we all clubbed together got the car sorted and took in the views and had a leg stretch

Next was Monaco.. we drove the GP circuit, visited the princes personal motor collection and got some more photographs

Onwards to Italy and lake como through some awesome tunnels.. I have 132gb of footage and 90 percent of it is tunnel runs haha

From there it was on to Switzerland which was simply stunning

At the base of a pretty large hill haha

And up the top!!

And the roads to get there were amazing, we did st Gottards, Furka, susten and grimsel passes..

Don't ask...

Some more fucking about

And some more..

Then it was time to head to the ring! We stopped off in Stuttgart first to check out the Porsche factory before heading down the autobahn

Turns out 175mph is pretty quick

Obligatory ring photo

We stayed in this house for a few days which was epic! Loved the ring.. I would liken the experience to forza horizon.. driving round and modified, rare and exotic cars are flying around everywhere.. the atmosphere is just amazing there! I only did one lap as I didn't want to push my luck but tbh I just enjoyed being there and spectating!

Unfortunately from there on it was belguim and home and i havent really got many photographs.. the photographer Dani is putting together some more photos from the trip but as you can probably imagine there was so much to go through! she can be looked up here https://www.facebook.com/DaniAustinPhotography shes got some epic shots!

My bargain of the year.. managed to find some LS400 brakes for £40! Got the whole set up inc discs pads and bolts

These usually go for anywhere up to £300

Pretty good condition too..

Cleaned them up and cut them back with a Dremel and sandpaper to get rid of the dirt ready for paint and polished all the pins

Test fit .. I will get some better photos when I fit them properly as the size difference is massive when both calipers are next to each other

The ls400's are a 4 pot set up with 315mm disc of a UCF20 model and require next to no modification to fit. You have to file approximately 1-2mm off the casting of the calliper which is not at all important and can be done with a hand file. It is all very well documented on here and the American forums and there seem to be very positive results!

Calipers painted up and those brackets I was on

About earlier!