The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rob_SRi Black Supra restoration/build

rob_sri

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was I bloody miss it!! Hopefully do something similar next year.. got the winter to pull the supra apart and get it all ship shape

Brakes are all fitted.. going to have a go at bleeding then tomorrow and can give them a good test!

For comparison

Started making up a little heat shield today as it was one of the things that Garage-D picked up on when it was there that there is currently no protection.. it's a bit rough round the edges but I'm going to polish it up and use a dremel to finish the edges and hopefully won't look too bad.. might bin it yet.. we'll see..

Failing that It will be back to the drawing board and il keep searching for something I can buy or get one properly fabricated

I'm going to be updating the vacuum line too with some braided ptfe stuff and some heat shielding tape to hopefully avoid a repeat of this

Edited by rob_sri (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Took my heat sheild back off to fit some braided lines .. I have some DEI heatsheathing for the oil feed and vac lines too which I will get on soon

Should be a lot better and car now runs beautifully

Took the old fuel tank cover off which was a bit rusty.. only thing that lets the car down underneath really as there is no rust that I can see on my the car bar this bit..

I rang Steve Manley for a price on a new one and was initially quoted over £300!! After almost dropping dead I decided to get it stripped, blasted and coated!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some goodridge phantom stainless steel lines, DEI heat sheilding for pipe work, master cylinder rebuild kit and a brake master stopper

Fuel tank cover fitted :)

Master cylinder is off and apart..

Cusco style brake MC stopper

Fitted one bit of the DEI heat wrap to the oil feed.. still got loads of stuff left so will be doing some of the other lines and water pipes near the turbo

• 1 month later...

More winter upgrades :) mocal oil cooler, oil sandwich plate

Oil breather, lines and fittings

Will be fitted down here when I've managed to make up brackets and re tap my cam covers, obviously lines are going to be a lot shorter just mocking up

Unfortunately I had my cam covers tapped and the company who did it decided to acid dip them and ruined them.. obviously reacted with the magnesium

so going to have to re tap another set of covers :( but you can see what I'm gonna do!

And also arrived today was an SRD expansion tank..

Just got to fit all these bits now!! Shame the weather is so horrible and cold!

Edited by rob_sri (see edit history)