The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rob_SRi Black Supra restoration/build

rob_sri

Good call! :p

Yeah I was thinking active front splitter and keeping very much OEM.. Which I think is my preferred choice at the moment

Then there's another part of me that wants to go blitz sideskirts blended with TRD front end.. Or DoLuck bumper ..

But I'm going to get my engine in and running before any of that

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rob, fantastic looking car, just read through all the pages (Work is boring) such a massive transformation.

Quick question, as one day i'd like to own my first Supra one day, when you first had the N/A in stock form, what's it like to drive, in terms of performance and what not? As i'm not in a position to afford a TT anytime soon, but an N/A is feasible (Maybe an Aerotop).

Bare in mind i'm driving a gen 7 Accord 2L Trip right now.

Cheers.

Hi Rob, fantastic looking car, just read through all the pages (Work is boring) such a massive transformation.

Quick question, as one day i'd like to own my first Supra one day, when you first had the N/A in stock form, what's it like to drive, in terms of performance and what not? As i'm not in a position to afford a TT anytime soon, but an N/A is feasible (Maybe an Aerotop).

Bare in mind i'm driving a gen 7 Accord 2L Trip right now.

Cheers.

Thanks :) even in standard form they're not completely lifeless and handle reasonably well for a big barge.. Some minor suspension changes and they perform very well .. Especially with an LSD.

its still a 3.0, and still a supra so you'll love it I think! Especially to look at!

Only problem with buying an NA is that you will want boost..!!

I genuinely think that NA/T conversion is the way to go.. Especially if you want a single turbo! The power delivery is ace! I was planning TT route until I saw richs (rich.2211) NA/T in action and went in Scott's. (gixer_81).

As much as I'd love to get a TT, I just wouldn't be able to afford to buy one, an N/A Aerotop's from what i've seen can be grabbed for around £4k (could be wrong) and I can afford that.

I basically just want my Supra fix, always loved the cars, never know, if I ever get an N/A Aerotop, I could shell out in the future for a garage to do a TT6 Swap...Never know. :)

Haha sounds good mate! My advice..

Do it!

Very rewarding cars to own :)

Plenty to tinker with but reliable and easy to work on and don't tend to rust unlike some cars of the same age.. Talking if which though today I sorted a very little bit of surface rust on my boot.. In the usual part!

The white bits on the roof etc are polish from yesterday's machine polishing

Sanded it back.. A bit more than pictured and used some kurust on it

much better!

• 2 weeks later...

2nd decat arrived today to complete my system got a feeling this may be a little noisy!

Intercooler pipes on order.. All thats left now is the clutch so I will be pulling it off the road end of august and start getting the engine out!! :)

Decided to 'facelift' the headlights

Split in the oven

Primed

Painted

Fitted! Not the best pic but I'm very happy with the outcome

• 2 weeks later...

Whole load of fluids from opieoils.. Impressive service!! Ordered at 1pm and on my doorstep at 730am the following day!

Couldn't resist a mock up of all the pipework too.. Obviously needs to be cut to size and I will have it tig welded up at some stage when it's all in

• 3 weeks later...

So this started happening..

Assembling the new exhaust and quick test fit

Which soon escalated to..

And with the help from Josh42 and Rich.2211 we managed to get the engine out

josh hiding..!

Mandatory engine 'mounting' picture for Facebook ;)

Massive thanks to josh and rich! Awesome guys who know their stuff! Couldn't of done it very easily without them! Legends :)

Next step is to clean the bay and prep ready for paint..

Which I bought the other day..as you can see not a toyota colour ;)

Edited by rob_sri (see edit history)