The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

Engine is now all buttoned up and ancillaries bolted on. I need a bolt for the power steering pump as 1 was missing when I bought the engine which explains why it was flat up against the tensioner when I picked it up.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busy day today. Got the engine off the stand and into the garage. Flywheel fitted to the engine and torqued up. Then fitted the gearbox and clutch and bolted eveything up.

Engine and gearbox is now ready to be dropped into the car. Also got myself an engine wiring loom so as soon as that arrives I can get the engine wired up.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent some time this weekend pulling all the fuel lines out and replacing them with my -10 feed and -6 return and also fitted my FPR. Started on the fuel tank as well but need to do some research on wiring and how to join the feeds from the twin walbro to the -10 bulk head fitting.

Busy weekend. Went to oulton park Saturday to watch Time Attack which was a great day out. Then in the evening dropped my engine and gearbox into my shell. Took a while and some messing about to get it to sit on the engine mounts but got there eventually.

Then today I have spent time doing the solid shifter bushes and bolting all the gearbox parts up and ensure it works correctly. Need to get some clutch fluid to endure the clutch works.

Then ran into two problems. Was going to fit the diff in the car but one of the rubber mounts is completely missing, does anyone know how easy either stock replacements or solid versions are to get into the subframe whilst still on the car - or is it a subframe out job?

Second problem was working out all the ground connections on the wiring loom and connectors. Could get earth down to the ECU harness but no power. Only think I could work out was the connector from the fuse box onto the wiring loom (as below) is different from my wiring loom. Eventually after ruling everything else out I got brave and jumped the 12v feed from the fusebox to the same colour wire on the wiring loom - hey presto 12V at the ECU connector.

Cut the connectors off and temp wired with a chocolate box and hey presto the ECU fires into Life - all be it with a really old firmware on it :)

No fella :(

Oh! thats not good, i did wonder why i aint heard from you... i best pop to the post office and fire some F**£s into them

- - - Updated - - -

Whilst talking about bolts I also need 2 x bolts for the engine mounts to bolt them to chassis. Does anyone have them?

The nuts you mean?

Oh! thats not good, i did wonder why i aint heard from you... i best pop to the post office and fire some F**£s into them

- - - Updated - - -

The nuts you mean?

Thought you had just forgotten about it :)Yeah I mean the nuts.

Spent a small fortune today, Wheels have been ordered. Also ordered all sensors for syvecs which will be the project for the weekend. Finally FMIC and rad should be ordered tomorrow with the remaining fluids. Hopefully that's everything I need to make some serious progress this weekend.

One pain in the arse thing is the front wheels need spraying because Rota dont dont wheels in different sizes in the same colour which seems stupid.

Very difficult day today. I can tell you that taking the rear subframe out on your own, installing diff mounts & reinstalling is very difficult.

At least the most difficult job on the car in now done :)

Does anyone know the torque for the rear subframe bolts as its not in the Toyota workshop manuals :(

Very difficult day today. I can tell you that taking the rear subframe out on your own, installing diff mounts & reinstalling is very difficult.

At least the most difficult job on the car in now done :)

Does anyone know the torque for the rear subframe bolts as its not in the Toyota workshop manuals :(

Bet that wasn't easy on the floor, not a nice job I bet.

• 8 months later...
Guest Rob Day

Hi Mike. Long time since we last spoke, so I thought I would pop onto see how's its going, but it appears the project thread has come to a halt, I hope its nothing serious?

The Classic Impreza Is in Subaru heaven, and the running gear is in Austria. I've owned another since which was fun, but time for a change maybe?

Rob

• 5 months later...

About time I got this project finished ....

So its time to hand it over to someone who has the time to finish it. Hopefully car is going to Whifbitz next week for some actual progress. A small list I gave Paul earlier of jobs remaining to be done :blink:

Brakes fiting - plus a spliter making up for the front brake lines as its had an ABS delete.

Intake removing and the ICV plate welding - (Supra ICV wont fit). Also Syvecs MAP sensor welding in.

Engine mount bolts fitting (I cant find any)

Rad rubbers that the rad slots into.

FMIC fitting and pipe work making up (intake side)

Oil cooler supply & fitting

Turbo oil feed and drain fitting

new clutch preasure plate supply and fit.

Syvecs sensors wiring

Dash pod for the Dash2 suply and fitting.

Some form of suspention supply and fit

Exhaust fit

Fuel pump fit and make up the feed and return into the tank. (The lines are already run)

New windscreen

About time I got this project finished ....

So its time to hand it over to someone who has the time to finish it. Hopefully car is going to Whifbitz next week for some actual progress. A small list I gave Paul earlier of jobs remaining to be done :blink:

Brakes fiting - plus a spliter making up for the front brake lines as its had an ABS delete.

Intake removing and the ICV plate welding - (Supra ICV wont fit). Also Syvecs MAP sensor welding in.

Engine mount bolts fitting (I cant find any)

Rad rubbers that the rad slots into.

FMIC fitting and pipe work making up (intake side)

Oil cooler supply & fitting

Turbo oil feed and drain fitting

new clutch preasure plate supply and fit.

Syvecs sensors wiring

Dash pod for the Dash2 suply and fitting.

Some form of suspention supply and fit

Exhaust fit

Fuel pump fit and make up the feed and return into the tank. (The lines are already run)

New windscreen

Sounds expensive..!!