The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realise the Rota force drift are the same wheels as on the 2bartuning supra and that looks hot :) Just need to check the offset 20 on the rears with a 10.5 rim will fill the arches.

You need to run proper sized wheels to make this car a stunner again, 12" rear minimum.

Just realise the Rota force drift are the same wheels as on the 2bartuning supra and that looks hot :) Just need to check the offset 20 on the rears with a 10.5 rim will fill the arches.

They won't, you would need something like a 12" et20 I'd have thought or a 10 et0.

They won't, you would need something like a 12" et20 I'd have thought or a 10 et0.

Yeah after ages of looking I realised the 10" would fit in a lower ET, Rota only do the GTR-Ds in ET0 so its pointless as I dont want that wheel. Will carry on looking :(

Yeah after ages of looking I realised the 10" would fit in a lower ET, Rota only do the GTR-Ds in ET0 so its pointless as I dont want that wheel. Will carry on looking :(

GTR-D's do come in a 12" et20

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=33&rangeid=2&product=GTR%2DD

The black MXR look great an all, they come in a 11" et8 that I'd have thought would work.

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=60&rangeid=2&product=MXR

Sorry I meant the only wheel they do in a ET0 is the GTR-D. I dont like the GTR wheels. but the grid drifts simply wont fit.

TheMXR is growing on me.

GTR-D's do come in a 12" et

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=33&rangeid=2&product=GTR%2DD

The black MXR look great an all, they come in a 11" et8 that I'd have thought would work.

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=60&rangeid=2&product=MXR

Cant really do anything tonight as still dont have any paint from Plasti Dip, delivery service really is crap, Ordered it Saturday and its still not here.

However today was a very expensive day but a great day for Mr Whiffin, Ordered this little lot:

Whifbitz 264 Cams

Whifbitz billet cam arm

Whifbitz 66mm billet turbo kit

Whifbitz fuel rail & ID1000 Injectors

fuellab FPR

Aux belt

2JZ rear oil Pan & sump

Whifbitz black silicon hoses

Toyota head Gaskets

Engine mounts

Whifbitz twin box exhaust

Syvecs S6GP ECU

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Continued stripping the engine down today ready for when my parts start to arrive.These toyota workshop manuals are ace, its got every but if information in you could possibly want to know.

Head is off and started to clean up the block head surface ready for the new sealant and gasket to go on. Will be putting the L19 head bolts in later today after the F1.

Best bit is there does not look to be any damage anywhere and all looks in good condition. The previous owner had a lucky escape with the timing star, its not welded and you can see where the two parts have been slipping round each other :blink:

Rob UK recently had trouble with his, it shredded his timing belt. You spot welding it in place? Nice work so far

The two parts need welding on the reverse to ensure it does not slip. I can see it would not be difficult for it to shread a cam belt.

Does anyone have any great ideas getting the timing star off the crank? I have an SST tool but the star seems welded on to the crank and has sheared one of the 6mm bolts in the timing star before it even looked like it was going to move :(

Have you had any luck with the timing star?

Really daft thing to spot but I noticed your oil pump has "Toyoda" stamped on it as well as Toyota..

Toy..Yoda... The sun *may have gone to my head :D

Odd that one ive never spotted it, though it may be not a genuine part put heres a pic of one from future motorsport and its the same.

http://www.futuremotorsports.com/images/P/oil%20pump.jpg

Is there any room on the rear to get a puller on it?

If the rear puller had very thin jaws on it yes. Think thats the route im going to have to go and maybe apply some heat. it just wont move.

Trying to find one on egay currently but they all have massive clamps on the end andthats not going to cut it or they are for battery terminals