The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

Use a piece of steel with two holes drilled in it, the just use two bolts in the front of the pulley to wind it off, as it comes further off simply place a socket or two between the makeshift puller and the end of the crank, to space it out further and allow the puller to work it's magic once more :)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use a piece of steel with two holes drilled in it, the just use two bolts in the front of the pulley to wind it off, as it comes further off simply place a socket or two between the makeshift puller and the end of the crank, to space it out further and allow the puller to work it's magic once more :)

Thats what sheared the bolt off in the first place. Was not spaced far enough away from the crank and the bolt must have been at the end of the bolt holes - got to drill that out before I can try it again, with more spacing this time :blink:.

Just ordered a set of decent drill bits as my current ones are crap and wont even touch it.

On a more positive not I finished up my dash panels after my paint arrived arrived sat. Made me smile they put a pack of haribo in the delivery :)

Im quite impressed with the finish and how they look, just not decided if im going to clear coat them or not?!

Project looks like its coming along quickly!

When you have fitted those Focal's you will have to post your feelings as i am looking at getting them for mine and then paired with the 2 way versions in the back.

Thats exactly what I have done. Will let you know once fitted

interior panels look like new, any chance you could tell us EXACTLY which colour/brand of paint you used?

Sure just the Matt black Plati dip.

I rubbed all the panels down with wet and dry, then cleaned them all and put a few coats of primer on them. The whole point of Plastidip is you dont need to do this but I think it makes all the difference.

You need a couple of cans though as to do a full dash set to this level takes alot more paint than you would think.

So today has been a busy one. Went to pick Rob up this morning who has bought my Subaru.Got back to mine about 10AM and completed the sale of the car.

Then went straight down to Kerons to pick up my gearbox and then over to see Greg to collect my clutch.

If that was not enough Ive spent this evening completing the stereo connection and speaker wires in my car, fitting the carpet and loosly fitting the front seats. Im really pleased :)

Guest Rob Day

Bloody hell Mike, that's a fair accomplishment from what I looked at yesterday morning! It's starting to take real shape in there now, love what you have done!

Some may hate me for saying this, but I always thought the interior of the Supra looked dated, out of times and worn in most cases, yet this is exactly the opposite which I'm sure is what you were looking for. Clean lines, and black is the future of modernness!

We will need to catch up once complete, or maybe you could pick me up again once complete:p

Rob

Guest Rob Day

Yes Mike it was good. Very slippy so there were a lot of sideways action :D

The car ran faultlessly, still quite a bit of smoke from the wrap when stood in traffic unless there's a small oil leak somewhere, but I'll give it the once over this week!

I need to decide what I'm doing with it now, I've a few ideas but depends on funding. The rear arches will either be repaired, or I may go down the ABW route, but that won't be cheap as I'll need new rims to fill the space, so it's a strange one. Also considered changing out the front God-Speeds too, or maybe just some better pads. Well actually you'd know better, what pads are in them? Do they need heat as cold they feel a little faint?

I also feel too high in the newage seats in the classic, so may consider swapping these too.

So much to list, so I best think about my overal intention for the car otherwise I'll end up going down tbe wrong route, Again!

Rob

Todays progress was not as fast, drilled and tapped the bolt that snapped off in the timing star and with lots of lubrication its now off :) Also got the engine mounts bolted on.

May go back to it later on but currently enjoying the sun with a beer.

Edit Now drilled and tapped the oil sump for the turbo oil return and drilled the main hole.Need to get some larger drill bits :( Also cleaned up all the sump surfaces ready for it to go back on.

Should be ready to start putting the engone back together over the evenings of this week.

Some questions

Does anyone know the torque level for the L19 studs and head bolts?

Does the oil return in the sump need fully drilling out or so long as the hole is bigger than that of the flange bolted will that be ok?

Am I best waiting to put the oil sump back on until I have bolted the flywheel up so I can use the wood block trick again?

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Yes Mike it was good. Very slippy so there were a lot of sideways action :D

The car ran faultlessly, still quite a bit of smoke from the wrap when stood in traffic unless there's a small oil leak somewhere, but I'll give it the once over this week!

Glad to hear it did not give you any issues. The wrap should not smoke that much so maybe there is a small oil leak - poss rocker covers as they are right over the headers?

Cant be a big leak as I checked the oil before it went for an MOT and it had not lost any - also was none on my parents driveway.