T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Few updates from today.

Firstly this nice mess that was the starter wire had been discovered so had to be replaced - no idea whats happened to it but something mauled it, May have got caught in the wheel and never been replaced :blink:

FMIC pipework has been completed and installed. The power wire feed from the boot has been replaced with a nice new wire rather than the chocolate box that was holding it together before.

And the Tial BOV flange has been welded on. Hopefully more updates tomorrow.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Just realised as the intake side is all made up thats obviously back from the welders. The bodged up plate that was over where the idle control valve would go was not going to hold any boost so its been welded.

Car will have the revs raised slightly and be run without the ICV to keep things simple.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Fuel rail has been assembled too, replacement ASNU 1100cc injectors going in. I did have 1000cc in there but we recon they will be at the max end of the duty cycle when running E85. ASNU were kind enough to swap them out as they had never been used.

Getting excited as hoping to fire this up next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Its coming together now Mike, bet you can`t wait to get her out on the track:OK:

Yep tell me about it. As soon as I know it runs next week - track days are getting booked.

Some more updates. The custom PAS tank and oil catch can have been installed. I have to say Im really glad I let Paul convince me this was a good idea as it looks so neat. Its the same configuration that Paul has on his own car and looks awesome.

Some more updates from today.

After Paul has spent most of the day trying to sell me the new carbon bits he's had delivered (they look seriously tasty) :D

Ill not steal his thunder and post up the pics he has sent me.

Power steering cooler fitted and all lines run up to the PAS tank.

And the boost solenoid has been mounted, not quite sure were this is?! I'm thinking its under the brake booster? Perhaps Paul can enlighten me.

Some more updates from today.

After Paul has spent most of the day trying to sell me the new carbon bits he's had delivered (they look seriously tasty) :D

Ill not steal his thunder and post up the pics he has sent me.

Power steering cooler fitted and all lines run up to the PAS tank.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww311/m5wtt/10846068_772671449453763_1627311408952973485_n_zps5bc95545.jpg

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww311/m5wtt/10389065_772671609453747_8866336015481103853_n_zpsd7dafe4e.jpg

And the boost solenoid has been mounted, not quite sure were this is?! I'm thinking its under the brake booster? Perhaps Paul can enlighten me.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww311/m5wtt/10384810_772671579453750_2799418514496285897_n_zpse2f0ecc9.jpg

Yes mate, under the servo, out of the way.