The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now im stuck with the interior till I get some carpet I though I would get on with some jobs in the engine department.

The 2JZ I have bought was originally from an Aristo ans has spent the last year or so in an S14.The oil sump and pan need changing so got on with taking it all off.

Also cleaned all the surfaces up ready for the new sump to go back on which I still need to source ;)

As the head will be coming off Ive also taken most of the ancillaries offso the head can be removed, will be checking the condition of the bores but also to put in the L19 head bolts I purchased from Lee.

I do hope you used a decent sealer on the sump..!

Not got a replacement sump yet Martin so not sealed it with anything :)

- - - Updated - - -

Piece of wood inbetween one of the weights on the crank and the side of the block :thumbs:

Got to be a better way to do it that that?

The england game was starting to get static so thought I would follow Rich's thread and get the crank bolt undone. Works a treat :) Front of the engine now stripped down, just need a pin for the cam tensioner and ill take that off. Not bad for a days work.

Come back in and England have scored 2 goals WTF.

So tonights little project, even though 2 of my new dash panels are almost perfect the other 2 are a mess. So I decided to rub down the two scrappy ones and ive ordered some of the Plastidip following Elis's thread. First coat of primer has gone one, will do a couple more before bed.

BTW I have a grey carpet you can have for free.Its got some wear but should be fine with a clean. I'm in Leeds. I could post by Royal Mail but I'm not sure they take such things?

I also have some black ink still in the shed too. I took the carpet out of my old supra and dyed a spare. Kept the original carpet in my shed.

BTW I have a grey carpet you can have for free.Its got some wear but should be fine with a clean. I'm in Leeds. I could post by Royal Mail but I'm not sure they take such things?

Mate I would have been over to leads and collected but ive just paid someone £40 to post one :(