The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head has gone off to be striped, acid dipped, cleaned and rebuilt with stock components today. Hopefully be back for the weekend. Also getting -12AN fittings welded onto both cam covers for breathing to the catch can.

Finally hopefully they can get the friction pads off the clutch as so far everything thats been thrown at the allen bolts has failed - really dont want to have to get them drilled out.

Could really do with knowing what the torque settings are for the L19 head bolts? ive read 80, 90 & 105 ft/lbs and in various increments?

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Head has gone off to be striped, acid dipped, cleaned and rebuilt with stock components today. Hopefully be back for the weekend. Also getting -12AN fittings welded onto both cam covers for breathing to the catch can.

Finally hopefully they can get the friction pads off the clutch as so far everything thats been thrown at the allen bolts has failed - really dont want to have to get them drilled out.

Could really do with knowing what the torque settings are for the L19 head bolts? ive read 80, 90 & 105 ft/lbs and in various increments?

Pretty sure you can't acid clean an aluminium head as it fooks it. Hot/parts wash job isn't it?

Finished off all the interior tonight, speakers all installed with door cards built back up. Sounds really good. Hopefully pick up brake pedal tomorrow and head from engine plus all the welding that's been done. Then crack on with building the engine back up at the weekend :) reminds me need to buy a feeler guide :)

Finished off all the interior tonight, speakers all installed with door cards built back up. Sounds really good. Hopefully pick up brake pedal tomorrow and head from engine plus all the welding that's been done. Then crack on with building the engine back up at the weekend :) reminds me need to buy a feeler guide :)

We need pics :)

Should be some progresson on the engine front this weekend. Picked up my refurbished head tonight, welded cam covers and flywheel with all the friction pads removed :) Means this weekend I can get the sump on and head and get it all built back up again.

Should be able to get to a point where front of the engine is built up and all im waiting for is cams :)

Also massive thanks to Keron for some great customer service. Upon me telling him the brake mount from my gearbox kit had a crack in it, rather than doing what alot of other companies would do and saying 'no it hasnt' the response was, 'oh Sorry about that, how would you like me to provide a replacement?'. I picked up my replacement on thursday :)

Thanks mate :thumbs:

So lots of work completed today. Got the sump and baffle fitted and all sealed up.

Then the pan fitted and sealed

Fitted all the L19 head bolts with high tension lube and the new head gasket on ready for the fresh head to be bolted on.

And finally the head loosly bolted on - need to get a 3/4 13mm socket tomorrow as I cant find mine :(

One issue ive discovered is I test fitted my JUN manifold and fuel rail, the fitting for the fuel rail wont clear the cam position sensor so im not sure how im going to get round this, anyone any ideas? A cam sensor with a molded cable might do the trick?

As a comparison the stock rail fits just fine :(

Edited by listy (see edit history)

Hi mate, I'm not certain a 13mm socket will fit through the recesses in the head to tighten the nuts on the head studs. I had to use a imperial 1/2" 12 point socket to tighten the nuts on my ARP head studs. I actually ordered one from Snap On at a cost of £14 :blink:, but it does do the job perfectly (3/8th drive, multipoint, deep, thin wall, 1/2" socket).

Turn the sensor upside down. Alternatively the Syvecs only uses one cam sensor.. Can't remember which one, if it even matters! So you could potentially just blank that one off. Time to send Ryan a text! :)

Thats perfect, ill drop Ryan a txt later on. The socket is a thin wall 13mm multipoint so should do the trick. Find out in an hour when I pick it up :)

TorQ 13mm 3/8" sockets fit perfect for future info :)

Head all torqued up going through 30 ft/tq, 60 and then 90. Cams installed and clearance all checked. Front of the engine built back up and the timing checked - really happy.

Cleaning cam covers up and painting is next job for today after the F1 :)

Also massive thanks to Keron for some great customer service. Upon me telling him the brake mount from my gearbox kit had a crack in it, rather than doing what alot of other companies would do and saying 'no it hasnt' the response was, 'oh Sorry about that, how would you like me to provide a replacement?'. I picked up my replacement on thursday :)

Thanks mate :thumbs:

No problem at all mike.. Seems its all comming alone nicely! ;)

Final update for tonight, I just checked on my cam covers and they are drying nicely. Look good just need a fewmore hours to dry - VHT wrinkle paint.

And assembled my RPS rebuildable flywheel with its new friction plates