The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Great service from Toyota. Ordered the rad shrouds on Thursday, got a call today that they were ready for collection. So picked them up this afternoon.

This morning the car went off to the body shop which is about 45 mins drive away. Im having the damage on the skirt repaired and new doors put on that have door handles as the blended look is great but for track day use its just plain dangerous. Should have it back in a couple of weeks.

Car drove all the way there and even got stuck in traffic, now Ive gone back to the stock fan setup it didn't overheat once and thats without the shroud on.

May get on with the rear lights tomorrow or next weekend so they are ready for when the car comes back.

Ordered myself a set of LUKE harnesses today. 6point but I went with the road/trackday versions and not the FIA approved as I won't need approval and more likely to want them to get through a MOT - which these do.

Also ordered a NGR Harness bar so they are not mounted from the rear seat belt points as thats too low. With this bar in a have the option of leaving the stock seatbelts in, but ill prob remove them.

Cant wait to get the car back from the body shop now. Can then get the below list sorted

1) Fit rad shroud

2) Fit new speed sensor which should mean I don't have to use the SatNav for a speedo

3) Fit harnesses

4) Sort out washer bottle so it actually works.

• 3 weeks later...