T2 MSW

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Lots off engine hoists on fleabay Mike

Cheers

-Ian-

Got a hoist today mate, engine is now round the back of the house on blocks. Need an engine stand now. If no one on the forum has one they want to sell Ill just order one from ebay for £60 :)

Got a hoist today mate, engine is now round the back of the house on blocks. Need an engine stand now. If no one on the forum has one they want to sell Ill just order one from ebay for £60 :)

Cool stuff, looks like you've been busy today lol

Cheers

-Ian-

If you're gonna get an engine stand go for the 4 legged one like this.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=251018517977&index=7&nav=SEARCH&nid=78101071496

It's much easier to move about especially on awkward surfaces which aren't flat or smooth such as your driveway!

Cheers Martin, Its going at the back of the house, which come to think about it is equally unsmooth :) Engine was much easier to take out of the passat than when we did your car - that was a PITA

Guest Rob Day

Hi Mike. I feel I'm stoking you lol.

Loving the look of this shell, I look forward to seeing it develop ;)

I've always been a bit of a fan of a Supra, yet never owned one. Maybe joining this forum will lead me to a transitional thoughts from Subaru ownership ;).

Mike are you going TOTB this year?

Rob

Hi Mike. I feel I'm stoking you lol.

Loving the look of this shell, I look forward to seeing it develop ;)

I've always been a bit of a fan of a Supra, yet never owned one. Maybe joining this forum will lead me to a transitional thoughts from Subaru ownership ;).

Mike are you going TOTB this year?

Rob

Fancy you being on here. Maybe one day huh? Doubt ill be doing TOTB as I dont thinkthe car will be ready - not planning on rushing this one as im lookignto do most of it myself to keep the costs down.

Guest Rob Day
Fancy you being on here. Maybe one day huh? Doubt ill be doing TOTB as I dont thinkthe car will be ready - not planning on rushing this one as im lookignto do most of it myself to keep the costs down.

No Mike I was referring to spectating?

Rob

Spent today collecting parts and sorting the electrics out. I can now open the door without climbing through the boot :) Remote door open is so cool as well.

Just done a deal on these little numbers which Ill be picking up this week sometime, really need a carpet now so I can get the interior finished off :)

photo.JPG

Nice to have you back in the fold Mike, i look forward to your build thread.

Your old clutch is working nicely (a little more noisey than the HKS), any ideas what clutch you will be going with on the new build?

Where did you source those seats from? There pretty nice, been after a set of stock recaros but yours look very nice, what recaros are they?

They are Recaro Pole Position GRP.

These seats are not FIA approved like the current ones. New ones are approx £600 each plus the Supra subframe.

Hope that helps

Great project Mike looking forward to seeing it run! You building the engine yourself?

Planning on yes, TBH doing very little with it, uprated head bolts, gasket & cams. Then change the sump over. Thats it for now.

Where did you source those seats from? There pretty nice, been after a set of stock recaros but yours look very nice, what recaros are they?

Have you had any thoughts on wheels?

Not even looked at wheels yet. The prices have scared me. I love the GTR-Ds but then I would just be copying Chris. Want something different. Would love my old rotas on ti but they dont do them wide enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to have you back in the fold Mike, i look forward to your build thread.

Your old clutch is working nicely (a little more noisey than the HKS), any ideas what clutch you will be going with on the new build?

Funny enough exactly the same clutch assuming there is no damage when itcomes off the car its currently on. Just going with a new clutch plate.

Does anyone know what the size andprofile of the bolts from the bell housing that bolt the gearbox to the engine? I need to get some rediculously long ones to bolt to the engine stand.

Im just using a 5" bolt thats slightly smaller than the hole then bolt it together.