The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T2 MSW Widebody Project

T2 MSW

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL yeah when I bought the shell id never seen something quite as unique and loved it - now they are poping up all over the show lol. I love yours, love the colour.

Lol it really is a great kit combo. Thanks the colour doesnt look that great on the Audi's but as soon as I saw it on the supra it worked wonders. It's getting harder and harder to build a totally unique car that still looks great.

:drool: I would kill to have a snail like that. Car looks amazing mate.

Cheers ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Just read through all this and looks amazing! Well done on a great car! As always, get some videos up when it's on the road ;)

Will be doing from Dyno onwards :) First trip out is Cadwell Park on the 7th Feb - no pressure Paul :D

Exhaust all bolted up and rear brake pipe replaced. Hopefully mini road test tomorrow before MOT and wheel alignment.

Dash is all wired in and in its dash pod, hopefully Paul will get a pic of it in the car tomorrow. Just waiting on the Syvecs being replaced for the CAN output to dash to all work.

Road test done today Mike, we had to reset the suspension as that settled after the drive. Plus that oil leak is still there on the turbo oil drain on the sump end. Not sure what's going on with that as the bolt threads are M10 instead of M8 so someone must have tapped it out previously. I reckon the flange face can't be flat causing the leak, will take a look tomorrow.

MOT and wheel alignment tomorrow too.

Can't stick the dash in properly as you need a new top steering cowling mate.

Edited by Paul Whiffin (see edit history)

Im amazed ... cars in for MOT today and mapping is booked in for next week so I thought id just check out car insurance :rolleyes:

Phoned Adrian Flux who i used to be insured with on the old supra - fully comp with all mods declared. Max no claims they have honoured even though I've not had a policy for over 2 years - £360 :blink:

Yes please

I didn't think you could insure modified cars on a classic policy. I might have to look in to that when I renew next.

Keep meaning to pop over to Pauls to have a nose at this, but neer find the time :(

Neither did I. But I went through all the mods and filled out the forms etc. They came back with the policy and price knowing everything. Better hurry, hopefully its only going to be there another week.

Awesome News. I can get it taxed next week now.

Did Dan tell you I phoned this morning, was just getting the low down on this cowling but he said its just smashed up so ill look into getting a replacement. Still need the brake line brackets?

Yep can have a few days off, doesn't look like much relaxing with the other projects you have got in.

Fuel wise I'm going to mix up some meth with V power and bring it with me. 30% or 50%??

Awesome News. I can get it taxed next week now.

Did Dan tell you I phoned this morning, was just getting the low down on this cowling but he said its just smashed up so ill look into getting a replacement. Still need the brake line brackets?

Yep can have a few days off, doesn't look like much relaxing with the other projects you have got in.

Fuel wise I'm going to mix up some meth with V power and bring it with me. 30% or 50%??

Yes mate, he said you called, its the top part of the steering cowling you need mate, its broken in half! Still need the brake line brackets, its ok to drive but I would fit them ASAP to stop them rubbing on suspension arms.

I've got some ethanol for you don't worry, we will chuck that in at the dyno.....I've got some for my GTR too!

Now got all the parts I need to finish off my rear lights.

The lense holders have now been covered, sanded and sprayed with Plastidip.

Rather than soldering lots of LEDs and drilling loads of holes Ive bought light rings from eBay.

These have been mounted to the solid backs ive put in the light clusters. Just waiting for brushes to arrive and I'm going to paint everything but the LED lenses to match the rest of the cluster.