The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Markssupra's HKS Big Twins Aerotop project.

markssupra

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good mark :thumbs: really looking forward to seeing this next year!!

Thanks Alex, so am I mate.

He seems to have a huge bundle of cash under the bed buying all them parts so quickly! :D

Great updates Mark, this is an epic build! :thumbs:

Thanks Abz, not just under the bed lol, its taking a while but will finish it eventually. I think a big turning point for me will be when the respray is complete, at least then I will have something to bolt everything back to. :)

hurry up abd get it to us then marky lol

Just waiting for one rear arch trim then I have all the pieces, wont be long mate :) Just need Adam (Littler) to send over some good pics of his car so someone who's good on photoshop can show me some options with either colour coding the arch/sill trims or staying black.

Getting there Mark get some paint on it and your halfway there.

Like what you've done with the fuse box it's where I measured to put mine with also a battery and washer bottle. Did you do the wiring yourself?

Yes mate, have uprated the wires for the fusebox to allow for the extra distance, each one colour coded as or very close to the original wires. I havn't posted up about the fuse box so far but will do when the rebuild starts, plenty of pics to follow.

Battery will sit in the middle with the ABS pump on the left hand side looking from inside the cabin, the two connectors for the ABS pump have been rewired to reach the new position. But more on that later :D

Just waiting for one rear arch trim then I have all the pieces, wont be long mate :) Just need Adam (Littler) to send over some good pics of his car so someone who's good on photoshop can show me some options with either colour coding the arch/sill trims or staying black.

I think Adam's going to be at bluewater friday, so if he is still useless you can take some pictures of it there :)

On another note, my UK number plate holder hasn't turned up yet, are you desperate for the jspec holder?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The day finally arrived, car off to DAW for respray.

Few final checks to make sure it was firmly bolted to the framework before the transporter arrived.

Once it was all strapped down onto the transporter, it wasn't moving anywhere. I was concerned that it being on castors would let it roll around easily but it didnt even wobble :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=177093&stc=1&d=1384530164

attachment.php?attachmentid=177035&stc=1&d=1384387338

attachment.php?attachmentid=177036&stc=1&d=1384387338

attachment.php?attachmentid=177094&stc=1&d=1384530164

attachment.php?attachmentid=177095&stc=1&d=1384530164

DSC_1250_resize_20131113_235608.jpg

DSC_1251_resize_20131113_235609.jpg

DSC_1249.jpg

trans1.jpg

trans2.jpg

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)

Gonna be great Mark, can't wait to she what she looks like when shes back from DAW :D

Although I feel I might weep at Rob's photography skills :p

Lol.

I endorse this colour choice.

Looking forward to seeing this in its new colour! :thumbs:

Thanks all, hopefully it will all go to plan. Can start on some other jobs now its away.

You do know I'm wanting a passenger ride in this once it's finished and I'm at an event with you :p

Sounds good mate

Having seen that colour in the flesh it is going to look great Mark!

I've still not sent those pics across, sorry mate!

No worries Adam, decided to keep stock trim as it is in black, am getting the ears cut off the rmm lip though.

Hopefully the paint will be available, if not will have to be something very similar