The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Markssupra's HKS Big Twins Aerotop project.

markssupra

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Mark, Stage 5 head is going to help wonders

I know :eyebrows:

Well here are the bad boys after being sealed up for nearly a year. They were only let out for 5 mins to take the pic :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=171373&stc=1&d=1371729388

Mahle pistons and BC pro rods with ARP fasteners. All balanced and ready to fit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171376&stc=1&d=1371729388

HKS 1000cc injectors, will be sending these off for cleaning and flow testing soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171375&stc=1&d=1371729388

Titan billet mains already line bored and honed to correct sizes. ARP mains to be fitted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171377&stc=1&d=1371729388

Veilside plenum and fuel rail, not sure what to do with the runners yet but it needs stripping down and a good clean and polish, already removed the throttle body.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171374&stc=1&d=1371729388

IMAG0925.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

IMAG0929.jpg

IMAG0930.jpg

IMAG0931.jpg

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)

Thanks John, bought most of the parts of Lee P and have the veilside 100mm throttle body to go with it. I know they are rare thats why I jumped at it when i heard lee was breaking his car. :)

I have been thinking about powder coating them Rob, not sure what colour though.

Thanks John, bought most of the parts of Lee P and have the veilside 100mm throttle body to go with it. I know they are rare thats why I jumped at it when i heard lee was breaking his car. :)

I have been thinking about powder coating them Rob, not sure what colour though.

Ah, now it makes sense. As far as I knew, only myself and lee had this setup, and there's not many of them in the US either. These fetch mega money over there.

I had mine powder coated white to match my engine colour scheme. Robs right though, dont have them polished, there hard enough to keep clean when the thing is assembled on the car with it powdercoated.

Black ;)

I thought black, was thinking about red as well but think black would go better with the colour of the car

Very nice indeed. Looks like well over 1000hp is coming your way. The stage 5 head is a beast and I look forward to some numbers. The cams, Are they super agressive or does the exhaust have the same study growl?

Not sure how aggressive the cams are yet tbh, same cams and head as Jamie P's black beast and that was rather quick :)

Lovely, a job being done properly, no corners cut. You have to respect that. I look forward to more updates.

Thank you, means a lot and gives me more incentive. Missing driving it big time now but I always wanted to do this when I could afford it.

I am sure everyone goes through the "OMG, what have I done to a perfectly good working car" stage, but it does feel like there's no end in sight at times.

Hopefully get some more pics up over the weekend of the progress and some more goodies I have bought :)

I thought black, was thinking about red as well but think black would go better with the colour of the car

Not sure how aggressive the cams are yet tbh, same cams and head as Jamie P's black beast and that was rather quick :)

Thank you, means a lot and gives me more incentive. Missing driving it big time now but I always wanted to do this when I could afford it.

I am sure everyone goes through the "OMG, what have I done to a perfectly good working car" stage, but it does feel like there's no end in sight at times.

Hopefully get some more pics up over the weekend of the progress and some more goodies I have bought :)

Yeah red would be nice as well, but like you say I reckon Black would work better with the colour scheme of the car :)

Look forward to seeing more goodies you've purchased for her over the weekend matey :)

Ah, now it makes sense. As far as I knew, only myself and lee had this setup, and there's not many of them in the US either. These fetch mega money over there.

I had mine powder coated white to match my engine colour scheme. Robs right though, dont have them polished, there hard enough to keep clean when the thing is assembled on the car with it powdercoated.

Only you and I with these now then :)

I think I will probably go black powder coat on the runners then, thanks for the advice all. Once car done I cant spend too much time polishing it otherwise I'll be in trouble with the wife and end up single with big twins :)

Might have to get some advice off you later John if you don't mind.

Only you and I with these now then :)

I think I will probably go black powder coat on the runners then, thanks for the advice all. Once car done I cant spend too much time polishing it otherwise I'll be in trouble with the wife and end up single with big twins :)

Might have to get some advice off you later John if you don't mind.

Anytime, ask away mate.

Anytime, ask away mate.

Thanks mate, will do.

Have the runners gloss black or get Ibrar to powder coat them chrome!! Finish looks ace

Found some pics and video on youtube about the chrome powder coat, does look fantastic. Thanks Rob :thumbs:

This is what it's all about !

Good luck with the build mate ......

Thanks mate, It will be worth all the effort when its finished.

I hope it will be as good as all yours, the bar has been set high and I have a lot to do :)

Another quick update.

Recently received a few parts from MVP and Nengun.

RMM rear wing with carbon fiber center

attachment.php?attachmentid=171688&stc=1&d=1372324402

TRD engine mounts.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171689&stc=1&d=1372324609

TRD Oil filler cap

attachment.php?attachmentid=171690&stc=1&d=1372324664

MVP front lip - will need some straightening me thinks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171691&stc=1&d=1372324719

R2 Racing front suspension bushes and steering rack bushes

attachment.php?attachmentid=171692&stc=1&d=1372324818

A nice new brother for the heatshield.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171694&stc=1&d=1372325656

Some new gaskets and bellowphragms for the HKS wastegates, found a small pinhole in one so replace both before they go on the car.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171695&stc=1&d=1372325875

Veilside 100mm throttle body off Lee P's car.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171693&stc=1&d=1372324905

attachment.php?attachmentid=171696&stc=1&d=1372326085

IMAG0996.jpg

IMAG0997.jpg

IMAG0998.jpg

IMAG0999.jpg

IMAG1001.jpg

IMAG1003.jpg

IMAG1005.jpg

IMAG1006.jpg

IMAG1004.jpg

Another quick update.

Recently received a few parts from MVP and Nengun.

RMM rear wing with carbon fiber center

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171688&stc=1&d=1372324402

TRD engine mounts.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171689&stc=1&d=1372324609

TRD Oil filler cap

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171690&stc=1&d=1372324664

MVP front lip - will need some straightening me thinks.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171691&stc=1&d=1372324719

R2 Racing front suspension bushes and steering rack bushes

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171692&stc=1&d=1372324818

A nice new brother for the heatshield.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171694&stc=1&d=1372325656

Some new gaskets and bellowphragms for the HKS wastegates, found a small pinhole in one so replace both before they go on the car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171695&stc=1&d=1372325875

Veilside 100mm throttle body off Lee P's car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171693&stc=1&d=1372324905

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=171696&stc=1&d=1372326085

Where did you get the gaskets from for the HKS waste gates? Also the new heat shields as i need those for mine as well?