The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Markssupra's HKS Big Twins Aerotop project.

markssupra

Can't wait to see the car with its new paint on dude :thumbs:

Me neither, i watched a program on discovery the other day about the Aventador. They were talking about how the paint is special in how the different layers work to produce the colour. Can't remember the exact details as I've slept since then! :D

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see the car with its new paint on dude :thumbs:

Me neither, i watched a program on discovery the other day about the Aventador. They were talking about how the paint is special in how the different layers work to produce the colour. Can't remember the exact details as I've slept since then! :D

Wont be long, Rob has received the paint now :faint: Spoke to him today and will hopefully go to Robs workshop within the next week or so to have a look at the colour.

Mark Just let me know when I can schedule my car with you.... lol. See you soon mate.

Lol, I might be able to squeeze you in sometime next year :D

I had a siezed bolt in one of lower arms which had to be drilled out. The bolt was one of a pair that holds the shock absorber bracket to the lower arm.

After carefully drilling the bolt out a small amount of bolt thread remained in the arm although this was now loose enough to be screwed out by hand. I then run an M10 x 1.25 tap through all the threads to make sure the threads were clear.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177691&stc=1&d=1385591770

Shock absorber bracket, powder coated and ready to bolt back on to the lower arm.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177692&stc=1&d=1385591785

Bracket bolted back on to the lower arm with nice new shiny bolts and bushes installed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177693&stc=1&d=1385591823

New lower arm camber adjust bolts waiting to be installed. Damn those labels are a pita to get off, quickest way was to soak in hot soapy water for a few minutes so they peel off.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177696&stc=1&d=1385593342

One of the Lower arm support braces powder coated.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177697&stc=1&d=1385593342

Upper and lower arms installed, wheel hub mounted on with new castle nuts, cotter pins and clips for the ball joints.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177699&stc=1&d=1385593929

DSC_1253_resize_20131127_223046.jpg

DSC_1254 (1)_resize_20131127_223211.jpg

DSC_1255_resize_20131127_223047.jpg

DSC_1256 (1)_resize_20131127_223212.jpg

DSC_1257_resize_20131127_223047.jpg

DSC_1258_resize_20131127_223048.jpg

DSC_1262_resize_20131127_223049.jpg

Edited by markssupra (see edit history)

Rear steel section of the subframe, powdercoated black and installed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177702&stc=1&d=1385597561

Power steering rack cleaned, checked over and painted. All ps fluid pipework cleaned through.

attachment.php?attachmentid=177704&stc=1&d=1385597608

attachment.php?attachmentid=177705&stc=1&d=1385597620

Forgot to order some new tie rod ball joint nuts and clips with all the other bits, so ordered today!

attachment.php?attachmentid=177703&stc=1&d=1385597595

DSC_1259 (1)_resize_20131127_223044.jpg

DSC_1269_resize_20131127_223210.jpg

DSC_1267_resize_20131127_223208.jpg

DSC_1268_resize_20131127_223209.jpg

Appreciate the worksmanship. :thumbs: However I wouldn't fit polybushes on a Supra.

Quite a few people on here have found it degrades the ride too much for a road car. Hence the expensive purchase of all new toyota, rubber bushed arms. :) Hopefully it rides acceptably for you, after having gone to the trouble.

I know polybushes aren't the best solution James, but after replacing the rubber bushes with R2's on the rear suspension a few years ago it tightened the rear end up and I found the ride acceptable even with Eibachs. Its a cheaper solution to get the car back on the road and after doing all this work, will be easy to replace with OEM if I need to :)

I know polybushes aren't the best solution James, but after replacing the rubber bushes with R2's on the rear suspension a few years ago it tightened the rear end up and I found the ride acceptable even with Eibachs. Its a cheaper solution to get the car back on the road and after doing all this work, will be easy to replace with OEM if I need to :)

If you run springs on the softer side, and seeing as it's an aerotop, the extra chassis compliance means you may well get away with it. :D Please don't think I'm knocking it, it's a great project.

Maybe also leave the stock spherical bearings in the upper rear arms?

P.S. Give Mitchell a kick up the arse and tell him to hurry up. :D

If you run springs on the softer side, and seeing as it's an aerotop, the extra chassis compliance means you may well get away with it. :D Please don't think I'm knocking it, it's a great project.

Maybe also leave the stock spherical bearings in the upper rear arms?

P.S. Give Mitchell a kick up the arse and tell him to hurry up. :D

Oi!! Aero's aren't that bad. :tongue: No worries mate, all opinions are welcome and I know what your saying. As you know, these cars just suck money out of you quicker than the Government!

Robs doing allright, you leave him alone, he's letting the primer go off for week before putting any colour on :)

Drat!! Forgot you had that. :D Very lag inducing...... :D

Lol.

Yesss!!! Look at that colour :love:

:cool:

I bet in the Summer when the sun hits it, panties will drop

Maybe yours Fitz!!

I seen these on Facebook! Looks stunning mark. I would suggest use pallet wrap or something like SRD use?

I suggest dust a soft dust sheet! be very careful mate... ideally you dont want anything.

glad you like, stay tuned for engine bay and body shuts tomorrow

Thanks all, comments very much appreciated. Out of all the colours I could have chosen I am so glad I picked this. Rob has created another stunning paint job, thanks mate, cant wait to see the body and bay. Better get my finger out and get the car finished. :D