Flys NA-T - Getting there.

Fly

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you ever post that up I do recall reading a right up on a PDF. I would like to keep he inch hard pipe, I'm going totry adding a thicker manifold gasket to move the turbo and manifold out and elongate the bolt holes to jus get enough clearance to get a silicone hose on then use a 45 degree with my 4 runner, fingers crossed. Ile keep you posted, than you all for the comments.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, haven't been on in a while. This is due to the other half deciding she would like to fill up my entire two weeks of leave with ripping the bathroom out and replacing it. So.... Not much na-t progress which is slightly annoying. However I did get out tonight and do a few little bits. I fitting the vacume lines from the wastegate and turbo and plumbed in my profec b boost controller. Also finished fitting the intercooler pipes and bov. I know have a question. The profec b, boost gauge and bov need a vacume source from after the throttle body butterfly. The profec suggests using the fpr vacume line for its reference , can I also t into the same line for the boost gauge and bov or should I use a separate source for each item? If the latter is the case why do you suggest?

I also have my plugs on order so soon as they arrive I can fit and sort the ht leads and we are then onto the emu and wideband wiring.

Not sure if she will now be ready for jap fest :(

• 2 weeks later...

Won't make a difference if his passes or not. Yours may not be the same. Order it and take your luck.

If it doesnt pass, just get a 3" to 4" reducer. Mine ran sweet on a 3" filter, so if it doesn't pass it's not the end of the world.

Any luck with sorting the clearance issue with the distributor mate? Just about to order my 4-runner disi cap for my NA-T using a XS power manifold and I want to be sure of what to purchase :D

image.jpgsame issue here, i cant fit the clips over the leads. but I have a plan, I cut the flange off for the wastegate and had it welded back on so it would clear the subframe, image.jpg cost me £20 I was so impressed with the quality of his work I'm going to have a chat with him tomorrow and see if he can weld my turbo flange back on in a better position, 1-2cm out. this will most certainly solve my down pipe issue too!!

But like noz said every manifold will be different.

Edited by ballsdeep (see edit history)

Hi guys . Really sorry I haven't updated or replied in a while. I didn't see your comments. Right first of all I haven't done much this weekend due to my good friends wedding and it being in the highlands!!! First an answer to your comments. My clearance issues were eventually solved with a few modifications. Firstly I elongated the bolt holes in the manifold to allow me to rotate the turbo ever so slightly, this combined with a 45 degree silicone coupler allowed me to clear the central lead on the our runner. I have had no issues with the wastegate on the subframe.

Right then. Updates today. image emanage all wired in using a spare six speed loom I have

image new fuel pump installed using the guide on the forum , I actually forgot to fit the rubber seal at the top, only to find out after fitting the retaining ring , but it came back out no problem.

image pump going in.

image mounted my boost gauge and wbo2 on my new carbon dash.

I also replaced the stock O2 sensors and wired the wbo2 narrowband output to where the sensors plug in I have yet to set the values on my pc for this to run but I don't see any major issues with this.

The main annoyance today was a flat battery, I wired the emanage in and turned the ignition to check it powered up.....nothing no lights no stereo, needles to sy I was a little worried so I checked all fuses and eventually took the battery out of the Honda to check, thankfully it's just a flat battery as she electrically worked fine with the Honda battery in.

Last few jobs are to replace the cap bolt in the wastegate with a smaller one.

Findd a good location to mount the profec boost controller and wire up.

Set up base settings for emanage and wbo2

Replace fluids

First start.

Nearly there it's taken longer than I thought and probably longer than it should have due to work and other things.

Won't make a difference if his passes or not. Yours may not be the same. Order it and take your luck.

If it doesnt pass, just get a 3" to 4" reducer. Mine ran sweet on a 3" filter, so if it doesn't pass it's not the end of the world.

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the four runner cap using the part number from FOSTA's build thread. Also got myself a 4-3" reducer, so between the two I should be okay touch wood. Shall do a test fit once the disi cap arrives :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys ...

Nice progress mate! Bet you cannot wait to start her up!! :D

In reality what we need is someone to go the mega squirt route and remove the dizzy. Everything seems tight in my bay, the outlet off the compressor sorts pretty much on the suspension housing. Noz I am sure if you fabbed up some inlet pipe work you would be onto a winner.

I am still excited to see how my oil drain works as its not the usual,

• 2 weeks later...

Tiny update, I have taken this week off work in order to get the beast finished and off to the mappers. I have been seeing too many people enjoying driving their cars in the sun and it was making me jelous. So... Fitted all the wiring and tubing for map sensor, boost controller, W/B AFR gauge, boost gauge, replaced the stock o2 sensors and wired them directly to the simulated output for the WB/O2. fitted the final clips to the tubes on the wastegate and a smalller blanking bolt for the top. I also fitted a new gear gaiter and gear knob. However the gaiter is to narrow at the bottom and looks pap so off to the shops again.

I have spent the last two days trying to get the emanage to talk with my laptop, guide here ---> http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?289504-Emanage-Ultimate-Windows-7-USB-driver-issues-SOLVED

So last bits to do are.....Base map and setting s for emanage, i thought there was a guide on here but i cannot find it so unless someone nice points me in the right direction i will muddle through with the emanage instruction manual then Fill with oil and start!!! hopefully!!!

Will post pics and vid when i am done. Then its time to start painting and powder coating the intake assembly

Now all there is

OK!!! so first start was today....video on way when youtube uploads it!!! all fired no problem however the oil cooler connections developed a leak so had to tighten those.

Second start no problem.... no leaks, no error codes ..nothing.

Only issues i now have are:-

The turbo reads the negative pressure inside the intake manifold rather than aditional boost pressure (should probably tap off the turbo)

I noticed after letting her warm up that the turbo eventually stops spinning at idle....this concerns me a little but she does sound a bit deeper in exhaust note so i am thinking i have a leak at the wastegate or manifold to head (probably the wastegate) where the bolts arent on tight enough.

I did give her a blip of throttle whilst watching the o2 sensor gauge very closely there is no blow off sound as you would expect but a little fart like noise just after coming off throttle i expect this to be connected to an exhaust leak.

Last thing, the sender in my new fuel pump doesnt seem to be working and is indicating empty with no light so need to fix that.

Other than that i am really happy with how its turned out so far i was expecting nothing to happen on turning the key, the afrs sit 14-16 at idle and drop a little on throttle but nothing too serious.

well checked the manifold and the wastegate they all seem tight and as tight as i can get them.

Still having the issue of the turbo stopping spinning at idle, there is a small leak from the downpipe at the turbine connection but that surely wouldnt cause the turbo to stop completely!?

Should i be worried about this at all?? i suppose i dont need it spinning at idle!?

I have a gredy profec b plumed in with no setting sprogrammed... could this be a culprit??

Well either way the bumper and lights are going back on tomorrow!!! once i refurb ther lights that is!!

vid here...not brilliant

Just a couple of pics after I put the front bumper back on.

Starting to look like a supra again.

Wired in the afr gauge to the emanage to start using the af target maps.

Headlights currently in the oven for refurb going to try and reprint the flaky chrome rings in white agains a satin black background if it fails I will just paint it all black :)