Fly

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Nicholas

be very careful, trial and error when mapping a car is a bad idea... You'd be better off taking it somewhere with experience as no matter how nice the guys are when it goes pop it's your pocket that gets hit not theirs.

Nicholas I agree the place was recommended and after speaking with them they had experience with na-ts but maybe not as much as I would hope!!! I'm going to pull the code tomorrow and see what she threw pound to a penny it's ignition

Mello. Turbo issue was sorted . The misfire was caused by water in the wells which was sorted out and ran sweet as a nut prior to mapping. There's some good guys looking at this trying to help me out .

I can't thank you enough.

Problem un resolved. Still unsure.

Though they didn't check for fuel pressure. So that's another possibility to add to the list.

I'm sending him loads of bits to try and swap out. Past that, it's check fuel pressure and a new map. After that, it's drop the car off at Austec!

Plugs checked at 0.7 mil . Tried to pick up a fuel pressure gauge but my local shop doesn't have one so putting one on order to see if it's that. Hopefully not but it ticks another possible off the list. Mello I thought I had updated that but obvioudly not. Well when I stripped it all back again to dry the plugs out i found one of the compressor housing bolts was loose. On inspection it had pulled the threads out so I can only guess that the coupling was then pulling the housing and caching the blades with it not sitting flush. I also changed the oil and the idle and she spins beautifully. I would not have taken a car to the dyno with problems... What's the point. So I'm going to order a fuel pressure gauge and check what fault codes are stored other than that she can sit in the garage today and think about what she's done!! David they had some noise and knock sensor attached and it wasn't knocking your probably hearing the issue/ miss fire .

Noz thanks for Being at the end of the phone and sending those bits over hopefully it will be something like a coil or igniter

I'm hoping it's an easy fix. Gauges will turn the inside of your car into a space shit, BUT when you get a problem and don't have a trick ECU with sensor's galore it's perfect.

I'll get these bits sent out ASAP.

PLEASE get off the forum and check those spark plugs.

I've noticed around 90% of people going NA-t develop a misfire as soon as they have done the conversion.

First try and change your coil dude as the old NA coil tends to brake down under boost but a low millage or brand new one should see you fine! But be careful putting your foot down as I wasn't expecting the power delivery I got when I fixed my missfire.

The symptoms I got from the coil being the problem was if I put my foot down hard it was like hitting a rev limiter at around 4 psi 4000rpm ish. But if I stepped on the gas slowly building boost I could go all the way to the rev limiter with a slight missfire.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

Pretty much that. I get it at 3500rpm and 6psi.

Annoyingly got called into work last night and back in this morning but will get cracking when I'm home....about eight am

I've noticed around 90% of people going NA-t develop a misfire as soon as they have done the conversion.

First try and change your coil dude as the old NA coil tends to brake down under boost but a low millage or brand new one should see you fine! But be careful putting your foot down as I wasn't expecting the power delivery I got when I fixed my missfire.

The symptoms I got from the coil being the problem was if I put my foot down hard it was like hitting a rev limiter at around 4 psi 4000rpm ish. But if I stepped on the gas slowly building boost I could go all the way to the rev limiter with a slight missfire.

Hope this helps :)

David, had to watch the video again I now see what you mean I was obviously concentrating too much on the engine note. I think that was their tool of choice!

Anyway removed spark plugs when I got home this morning and checked the stored error codes.

I would appreciate comments because I don't think these look quite right....which is an understatement. This is the same for all 6 plugs.

They were gapped at 0.7,m but I will reap them to 0.5 as suggested.

As for the error codes I have 24 and 31 which are intake air temp signal and air flow meter circuit (below 3krpm) according to the manual.

I was hoping for some ignition code and a big neon sign pointing me in the correct direction but ...no.