Flys NA-T - Getting there.

Fly

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well had a few hours today though it was very cold outside and had to take regular tea breaks....bloody snow!

Managed to get my intercooler mounted after fabricating some brackets with the aid of the forge next door I sat it below my overflow tank so fingers crossed she's not mounted too low behind the bumper.

image also made a good start on dabbing the intercooler pipe work using the pipe work from a tt setup and some addition piping, it's not quite finished as I need, and have just ordered two more 90 degree bends and a straight coupler. Cutting the piping whilst it was snowing was not fun and probably not very sensible with electrics and water.

image as you can see I'm in need of a four runner dizzy cap which I have on order from whiffbitz once that's sorted I can mate up the hard pipe to the inlet.

image this is my modal turbo boost gauge, quite plain but it will look nice on my carbon dash next to my black and yellow innovate afr gauge

These are also the little badgers I wil be using to build my resistor pack for my 440 7m injectors. 10 ohm per jet.

Well not much progress but it's coming together.

On a random note I collected my oven today which I am installing in the shed to cure my powder coated items. I a, coating the throttle body and intake / y piece in a Cobalt candy colour seen in the link

http://www.electrostaticmagic.co.uk/collections/powders/products/cobolt-candy

Thanks for looking

Lol it dose get stressful mate!

It's best just to leave it alone when you get to that point and sit back have a coffee and relax.

But you will get there, and you will love it when you do! :thumbs:

yup, id agree with that, so many times ive hit problems and got frustrated, but keep with it and youll get there in the end and its SOOO worth it

Nice progress Fly, you don't really hang about do you :D, nice to see a thread like this, make a nice contrast to some big money paid for builds, both being interesting.

Reading with interest

Well I thought I would give it a go. I still want big power I just don't want to have to she'll out a fortune and doing it myself means you learn plenty. Still plenty to do though but I'm looking forward to getting her on the road, but then again ile probably look to the body then ;)

From the last pics does that feed and drain look too far away from the vertical to work? I have read a few things bout them needing to be 20 degrees max from the vertical? I'm not happy with my drain so going to order the whiffbitz drain flage to help out

Well I had ten minutes this morning as I was a little concerned about fitting the 4 runner dizzy cap and how it is supposed to be orientated. Tbh after I fitted it that was the least of my worries. So this is how I fitted the dizzy cap, this is the only way two of the three securing holes line up.

image here is the problem, even with the new dizzy I just don't get the clearance the culprit being the number one ht connector

It is solo close I can't even get a silicone coupler on the turbo, I initially thought a 45 degree off the intake would clear ethe rest of the dizzy.

As you can see that's what happens when the coupler goes on, it kinks and the dizzy is well off on its mounting points

If you look to the left of the turbo you can clearly see the serious lack of clearance.

Now my only though to resolve this are:- go dizzy less and fit mega squirt but I hear the trigger wheels are a pig to fit.

Secondly:- weld another flange on the manifold to cock the turbo to clear the dizzy, this will then cause me down pipe woes.

Thirdly/- a bit pricey but bit the manifold and get one from a decent company.

Unless there is a much simpler method I haven't discovered or another type of dizzy cap that will cure this.

Thanks for looking

I had the same problem with the 4 runner dizzy cap. What I have learnt though is that there are two types. One has the central coil connection fitting conventionally as yours does, but there is another from a different year of 4 runner that has the central connection mounted flat like the rest of them. This is the one that you need. It is still a tight fit but it does give just enough clearance.

Thanks dude but its not that one thats causing the major problem its the lower rear plug conector, i have seen the other four runner cap talked of but i understand you have to use a different rotor and leads.i may just try and elongate the holes on the manifold to give me a few more mills

thats annoying as i took the part number from Club NA-T group on here. Might need editing. anyone got a part number for the different year??

The part number on the Club NA-T section was taken from FOSTA's build thread dude. Might be worth getting in touch with him as he seems to be using it..

Pic of the cap he put up in his thread that he used, does appear to look the same as yours..

yea the 4-3 reducer ive seen alot but i literally have no room to connect the reducer or cupler to the turbo as the rear lower plug connector is sitting on the inlet. Im think of elogating the holes on the maifold to give me a few more mills on that plug so atleast i can fit a silicone cupler, im going to have a play with a 45 degree bend off the intake to see if the hardpipe can be fitted, seems daft to send you something that doesnt fit, but then again ive now come to expect it from thsi kit